Pat Sajak retires after 41 years as host of Wheel of Fortune...

laughedatbytime

Pat Sajak is retiring from "Wheel of Fortune" after serving as the game show's host for over 40 years.

Sajak, 76, announced in a statement Monday that he's decided to step back from the long-running game show after its upcoming season in the fall.

"Well, the time has come," he said. "I've decided that our 41st season, which begins in September, will be my last. It's been a wonderful ride, and I'll have more to say in the coming months. Many thanks to you all. (If nothing else, it'll keep the clickbait sites busy!)"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/wheel-of-fortune-host-pat-sajak-announces-retirement-after-40-years-the-time-has-come/ar-AA1csGNm?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Any host who survives 40+ years should be applauded.  Just think of all the imbecile contestants he's had to endure..... like THIS GUY:

• Like 2

Sajak served in the U.S. Army as a disc jockey during the Vietnam War for American Forces Vietnam Network. 

He hosted the same Dawn Buster radio show that Adrian Cronauer had, and for 14 months followed Cronauer's tradition of signing on with "Good Morning Vietnam!"

• Like 2

Been in the audience twice at Sony in Culver City through broadcast course field trips when I made my return to college in the late 00s.  Went in fall 2010 and Spring 2012.

I've been on Price Is Right twice and didn't "come on down" but one from my group did.  Both sets look tiny in comparison to watching it on TV.

Edited by invisible airwave

1 hour ago, invisible airwave said:

Him and Woolery, yikes!  

In regards to Dawn Buster, he's become more like Bruno Kirby in that movie.  Bob Dylan would be way out of line.

Kirby was amazing as the dweeb Lt. Hauk.   He also played a young Clemenza in The Godfather II.  What a shame that he died of leukemia.  

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 12:36 PM, KenJennings said:

Sajak is irreplacable. His acerbic banter is the perfect tone for the show. The show will certainly be much more boring without him.

I remember back when Chuck Woolery was the Wheel of Fortune guy.  He was a lot of fun

• Like 1

So they replace a nutcase with someone I didn't ask for.  Thanks for nothing, Fony, er, Sony.  I miss the days when he was just some morning DJ for Star 98.7 FM in the late 90s in L.A. before he got overexposed and annoying.

Edited by invisible airwave