The Official 2023 NFL season thread

laughedatbytime

On 1/11/2024 at 9:32 PM, goose said:

Dolphins at -7F should be an easy bet. But the Chiefs are masters of overconfidence,  and I'm not sure that they've come to grips that a 14pt deficit matters when you're no longer the best, but just better than most

What kind of a f***ing idiot goes to a game with wind chill predicted around 30 below?  An idiot i guess.  Probably be a few without shirts on too!

How costly are dropped passes in the NFL?  Well, the Chiefs dropped 44 this season, more than any other team and they are hosting a playoff game.  How about the next four teams with the most drops?  They all made the playoffs, with the Cowboys & Lions hosting.

:smile:

Barnett is a BEAST.

Good game so far.  I'll be happy with either team advancing...and winning out, actually.

3 minutes ago, goose said:

Well...Texas is getting it done both ways.  :notworthy:

I don't really care who wins this, but nice to see Browns DC and ex-Lions head coach Jim Schwartz (Gym Shorts) get his ass handed to him. 

Lions will beat the Rams tomorrow because:

1. It's a waxing crescent moon, which happened the last time the Lions won a playoff game. 

2. They're wearing all blue uniforms (blueberries) and they're 5-0 in those unis. 

3. They're undefeated in prime time games (don't get me started over that Cowpies game...you know they won that). 

4. All the media and talking heads are going gaga over Stafford's return to Detroit. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HemiBeers said:

(don't get me started over that Cowpies game...you know they won that). 

This is counterfactual! Alternate factual! Misfactual! 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, goose said:

Well, Peacock got my $5.99 for the month.

Probably should have done $29.99 for the year...

:moon: NFL

I know that "fuq the greedy pricks" is the right answer here, but as someone who's had Peacock for years (Premier League!), they do have some fun programming. I'd recommend Poker Face w/Natasha Lyonne. Old school fun.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Reminds me of the NFL championship in 1934,Giants v Bears, at a frozen Polo Grounds in NYC.  Giants switch from cleats to sneakers-Keds by U.S. Rubber-score 27 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to beat the Bears 30-13.

Had good seats for that one, did you? :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No call on a clear Miami defensive hold.  Lol NFL officiating.

Though I do have the 3-7 halftime square :7up:

Clock stops at 2:00?!?  :wtf:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Moving swiftly one day after parting ways with legendary coach Bill Belichick, the New England Patriots hired Jerod Mayo as his successor and the 15th head coach in franchise history, the team announced Friday.

A linebacker for the Patriots from 2008 to 2015 after being selected in the first round of the draft out of Tennessee, Mayo joined Belichick's coaching staff in 2019, serving as linebackers coach.

Mayo, 37, is set to be formally introduced at a news conference Wednesday. 

By signing Mayo, the Patriots have made it clear that they went to Jerod because they expect him to put on a coaching clinic.   :wink:   

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

1st and ten, Mahomes pressured...intentional grounding.   Sack + ten yds plus loss of down.  :facepalm:

3rd and infinity...Mahomes pressured, throws it OB...LATE HIT!!!  1st and 10!

Chiefs quickly score a TD.  :rofl2:

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Reminds me of the NFL championship in 1934,Giants v Bears, at a frozen Polo Grounds in NYC.  Giants switch from cleats to sneakers-Keds by U.S. Rubber-score 27 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to beat the Bears 30-13.

Post game show must've been a drag in Chicago.  :smile:

9 hours ago, goose said:

I'm really enjoying my Peacock subscription so far

When realizing the NFL had this game locked into the Peacocksuckers network, I just watched the RedWings game for free. Unfortunately, this is probably the future for major sports taking away free broadcast and going exclusively to streamers. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Principled Man said:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Moving swiftly one day after parting ways with legendary coach Bill Belichick, the New England Patriots hired Jerod Mayo as his successor and the 15th head coach in franchise history, the team announced Friday.

A linebacker for the Patriots from 2008 to 2015 after being selected in the first round of the draft out of Tennessee, Mayo joined Belichick's coaching staff in 2019, serving as linebackers coach.

Mayo, 37, is set to be formally introduced at a news conference Wednesday. 

By signing Mayo, the Patriots have made it clear that they went to Jerod because they expect him to put on a coaching clinic.   :wink:   

Why would Mayo be any less of a ex Belichick flop than his previous ex coaches? Taking over for a legend? He'll last 2 years tops.

8 minutes ago, HemiBeers said:

Why would Mayo be any less of a ex Belichick flop than his previous ex coaches? Taking over for a legend? He'll last 2 years tops.

It will all depend on the talent his GM gives him.  Rebuilding the team will probably take longer than two years.  Having the #3 pick will help.   

• The topic was unpinned