So good!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, goose said:

:notworthy:

So good!

It's a magnificent album. 

• Like 1

Soundgarden-Down On the Upside (8/10)

Aside from a few weaker tracks a very worthy followup to Superunknown.

i like how it basically covers all musical aspects of the band in one album.

Mick

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Soundgarden-Down On the Upside (8/10)

Aside from a few weaker tracks a very worthy followup to Superunknown.

i like how it basically covers all musical aspects of the band in one album.

Mick

To me it’s always felt like they wanted to do something like a White Album, but in the wake of Superunknown’s crazy success, they were tired and fracturing. I do think it’s. Great record, but far less sure of itself than the previous two. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

To me it’s always felt like they wanted to do something like a White Album, but in the wake of Superunknown’s crazy success, they were tired and fracturing. I do think it’s. Great record, but far less sure of itself than the previous two. 

totally agree.

i remember seeing this in stores being shocked cause i kind of forgot them after the previous two, lol

I had Superunknown and heard BadmotorFinger at my cousin's

Great if uneven album.

Mick

• Like 1

Soundgarden King Animal (6/10)

Now if there was a subpar SG album this is it.  Nothing bad but kinda boring.

Didn't help Chris's voice was a bit shot by now.

Mick

Santana - Santana III

Fugazi - Red Medicine

van Halen

5150 (9/10)

0U812 (8/10)

For unlawful Carnal Knowledge (9/10)

Balance (8/10)

I actually really love the Sammy Era of VH

Mick

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

van Halen

5150 (9/10)

0U812 (8/10)

For unlawful Carnal Knowledge (9/10)

Balance (8/10)

I actually really love the Sammy Era of VH

Mick

Same. Kinda a totally different band, still super fun.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Same. Kinda a totally different band, still super fun.

it's close to that AOR sound i love.

Plus it doesn't hurt that sammy's a killer singer, lol

Mick

• Like 3

Alice In Chains- Dirt

Alice In Chains- Jar Of Flies

Alice In Chains- Facelift 

I like AIC. Not my go to band of this era. 

Testament- Dark Roots Of The Earth

I am ever obsessed with this album. Also, one of my favourite album covers ever.

• Like 4

Testament- The Formation Of Damnation 

• Like 1

Various Artists- Singles (OST Deluxe edition)

This soundtrack for Singles is an absolute beauty. Nineties were a goldmine for killer soundtrack albums but this one absolute kills.

• Like 1

Worked again from home so it was back to the moving box an see what records album came out at random.  First out:

Accept - Staying A Life

Sort of an odd way to start the day but hey, that what was at the top of the box.  So I sat their at 8:00, reading and answering EM's, drinking my green tea, looking out at the snow falling silently, watching the ponds (which are not frozen) with geese paddling around in them & out beyond the ponds we have the hayfields covered in snow & out beyond them we have the woods with pine trees covered in snow from the storm last night and this AM.  Then add to all that I am rocking out to live Accept, recorded in 1985 in Osaka Japan.  Obviously with Udo on lead vocals.  Sort of an odd way to start the day and an odd mix.  But its a good album.  Net out of the box:

Yngwie Malmsteen - Marching Out

This was interesting in that it had Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals - something I had totally forgotten.  I saw Malmsteen twice in concert in the 1980's.  The first time was in late 1986 when he opened for Triumph and basically did not have a singer with him.  The other time was a few years latter when he had Joe Lynn Turner with him and he opened for Lita Ford.  Anyway, this was a better album then I remembered.  Nothing great but it was all enjoyable background music while I worked.  Decent music, awesome guitar work and some good vocals.  Lyrics were nothing special but I did not expect that.  Enjoyable but far from memorable.  Next out of the box:

Styx - The Grand Illusion

This has a bunch of killer songs on it.  The title track, Fooling Yourself, Miss America are all excellent.  Then their is Come Sail Away - that is tied with Renegade and Madame Blue for the title of my favorite Styx song.  Plus their was a deep cut titled Man In The Wilderness that was very good as well.  Excellent album.  Next out of the box:

Creem - Wheels of Fire

First off, good cover art - kind of drab color wise.  Then you open it up and you get this mid / late 60's explosion of psychedelic art work.  Great colors.  Then the music.  The first record is a studio album and frankly some of the music is a bit dated - hey the album is over 55 year old.  Not a shock.  But even so it has "Deserted Cities of The Heart" which is good and "Whte Room" which is a stone cold classic.  Record 2 is a live album.  Side 1 has an excellent version of "Crossroads" and a very good version of "Spoonful".  Side 2 is a bit weaker with "Traintime" which is forgettable but "Toad" is very good - Ginger Baker kills it on that song.  Made me look up form an EM sever times and go "Wow!  That was killer".  Classic album which may be a bit dated but it is still very, very good after all these years.  Next out of the box:

Europe - The Final Countdown

I saw these guys on this tour when they were supporting Def Leopard (Hysteria tour).  I had seen DL with Tesla earlier on the tour and I went with high hopes but it turned out to be a disappointing show.  Both DL and Europe were flat.  Just lacking energy and stage presence.  So I have sort of negative vibes about this album and its been a few years since I listened to it.  Well, the stuff that got airplay (which I had liked back in the day) is still actually enjoyable.  The title track, "Rock The Night", "Carrie" & "Cherokee" are all very good songs.  The rest of the album is forgettable but the songs that got airplay deserved it.  Rock The Night & Cherokee are probably the 2 best.  Glad I kept the record all these years.  Last out of the box:

VH - 1984

Not a big VH fan but this does have "Jump", "Panama", "Hot For Teacher" & "I'll Wait" - all good songs.  "Panama" would be by far my favorite.

Favorite studio album of the day?  The Grand Illusion. 

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 3