Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

On 10/11/2023 at 6:42 PM, treeduck said:

I did the whole lot the other day, Halford era anyway. I was talking to Segue, I'll give you the entire post for context. I've just changed it a little bit, I swapped Firepower and Point of entry in the order.

That's interesting that you have Rocka Rolla in the top 10. I love all the Halford albums so I wouldn't argue with anyone's rankings. To illustrate this I'm a big fan of Nostradamus and yet it's bottom of my list. I'll do my current rankings and I'll also give you my Nostradamus song rankings, which I happen to have handy:

1. Sad Wings of Destiny

2. Stained Class

3. Killing Machine

4. Defenders of the Faith

5. British Steel

6. Screaming For Vengeance

7. Sin After Sin

8. Firepower

9. Point of Entry

10. Angel of Retribution

11. Redeemer of Souls

12. Turbo

13. Rocka Rolla

14. Painkiller

15. Ram it Down

16. Nostradamus

Nostradamus (not including intros and interludes:)

1. Persecution
2. Alone
3. Visions
4. Nostradamus
5. Future of Mankind
6. Prophecy
7. Death
8. War
9. Conquest
10. Revelations
11. Pestilence and Plague
12. New Beginnings
13. Exiled
14. Lost Love

Not a shock that you rank Ram it Down near the bottom of the list - I would likely rank it somewhat higher.

But what I find very interesting is that you rank Painkiller so low.  Guess I am not alone in not being thrilled by it!!!  I would actually prefer Ram it Down to Painkiller.

I would rank British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance (or perhaps Screaming for Vengeance and British Steel) as my #1 & #2 Priest albums.  Which one is #1 will flip flop based on my mood.  I will also toss out the shocking opinion that I would rank Defenders of the Faith fairly far down my list.  For some reason I have never been a huge fan of it.

Must confess though, I have never really sat down and ranked all the Priest albums.  So I don't know exactly what is where (other than the #1 & #2 albums).

• Like 3

Over the last week:

Thursday and Friday:

Can't Swim - Death Deserves A Name (EP)

Free Throw - Lessons That We Swear To Keep

Creeper - Sanguivore

Boygenius - The Rest (EP)

Beauty School Dropout - READY TO EAT

Carly Cosgrove - See You In Chemistry (Vinyl)

Can't Swim - Fail You Again (Deluxe)

Can't Swim - This Too Won't Pass

Can't Swim - Foreign Language (EP)

Can't Swim - When The Dust Settles (EP)

Can't Swim - Someone Who Isn't Me (EP)

This section lists what my bandmate, his fiance, and I listened to on the way to and from a concert that was 3+ hours away:

Free Throw - Lessons That We Swear To Keep

Foxing - The Albatross

The Hotelier - Home, Like Noplace Is There

Charmer - Charmer

Bay Faction - Bay Faction

Sorority Noise - Forgettable

Sweet Pill - Where The Heart Is

Bay Faction - Bay Faction

Super American - Sup

Rise Against - The Sufferer And The Witness

Hot Rod Circuit - Sorry About Tomorrow

Tuesday and Wednesday:

Can't Swim - Change Of Plans

Sweet Pill - Where The Heart Is (Vinyl)

Can't Swim - Thanks But No Thanks

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Not a shock that you rank Ram it Down near the bottom of the list - I would likely rank it somewhat higher.

But what I find very interesting is that you rank Painkiller so low.  Guess I am not alone in not being thrilled by it!!!  I would actually prefer Ram it Down to Painkiller.

I would rank British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance (or perhaps Screaming for Vengeance and British Steel) as my #1 & #2 Priest albums.  Which one is #1 will flip flop based on my mood.  I will also toss out the shocking opinion that I would rank Defenders of the Faith fairly far down my list.  For some reason I have never been a huge fan of it.

Must confess though, I have never really sat down and ranked all the Priest albums.  So I don't know exactly what is where (other than the #1 & #2 albums).

I like Painkiller, I like it a lot, but there's so many better Priest albums, and that's as high up as I can get it. It's been higher but at the moment that's where I've got it. I suppose most fans will have one or two popular albums ranked low, like you with Defenders but it's all good.

• Like 2