The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anathema

We're Here Because We're Here 

Weather Systems

These were.....ok.  i recall why i didn't connect last time.  Musically it's great.  the lyrics are a bit too......Full House-y and Saccharine for me.  i appreciate  the Sentiments but give me dour Steven Wilson any day.

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rick N. Backer said:

RIP to the greatest rock guitarist of all time, hands down.  3 years ago yesterday.

Fair Warning

II

Women and Children First

Apple Essentials Deep Tracks

Oh? Who was it? I can't tell as you only listed Van Halen albums.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Anathema

We're Here Because We're Here 

Weather Systems

These were.....ok.  i recall why i didn't connect last time.  Musically it's great.  the lyrics are a bit too......Full House-y and Saccharine for me.  i appreciate  the Sentiments but give me dour Steven Wilson any day.

Mick

Every single human being I know who listened to these albums said the same thing. Me, all the critics, Prince Harry, heck, even John Cena asked for a refund.

...and then it clicked and we all decided to promote Anathema to superhero status. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Segue Myles said:

Every single human being I know who listened to these albums said the same thing. Me, all the critics, Prince Harry, heck, even John Cena asked for a refund.

...and then it clicked and we all decided to promote Anathema to superhero status. 

i dunno know man we'll see.  this is so disney even  disney went "man up pussies"

I rolled my eyes multiple times.

Musically though i almost feel like "shut up vocalists and let me listen" lol.

and i'm not an instrumental guy.

Mick

23 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It took me a few tries too and then it all clicked. But they are a bit preachy sounding still. I adore their instrumental tracks with the spoken word bits on it.

• Like 2

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

It took me a few tries too and then it all clicked. But they are a bit preachy sounding still. I adore their instrumental tracks with the spoken word bits on it.

that's it preachy is the word.

and i listen to NEAL MORSE, lol.  he doesn't bother me NEAR this much.

Musically i love their sound though.

Mick

Camel -- A Nod and a Wink (2002)

Wanted to play some more Yes, but the Lovely Wife wasn't having it. She wanted something "easy listening" while she destroyed me in a particularly maddening game of Catan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Union 5-3992 said:

The lyrics never bother me...they never seem preachy to me, I just felt like they created soundscapes and the angelic vibe just fits.

Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera

My favorite song?  "And Then There Was Silence".  Second favorite?  "The Maiden & The Minstrel Knight".

After that there are multiple other enjoyable songs - such as "Under The Ice", "The Soulforged", ""Age of False Innocence" & "Battelfield".  But for me this album is greater than the sum of its parts - like Nightfall in Middle Earth and Somewhere Far Beyond the album just fits together.  Rush were masters  (IMO) at making albums that were greater than the sum of their parts and the more I listen to BG I am coming to realize they excelled at it a well.

Overall I don't like it as much as Nightfall in Middle Earth or Somewhere Far Beyond but I do like the album more than Tales From the Twilight World and a lot more than Imaginations From the Other Side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera

My favorite song?  "And Then There Was Silence".  Second favorite?  "The Maiden & The Minstrel Knight".

After that there are multiple other enjoyable songs - such as "Under The Ice", "The Soulforged", ""Age of False Innocence" & "Battelfield".  But for me this album is greater than the sum of its parts - like Nightfall in Middle Earth and Somewhere Far Beyond the album just fits together.  Rush were masters  (IMO) at making albums that were greater than the sum of their parts and the more I listen to BG I am coming to realize they excelled at it a well.

Overall I don't like it as much as Nightfall in Middle Earth or Somewhere Far Beyond but I do like the album more than Tales From the Twilight World and a lot more than Imaginations From the Other Side.

Sometimes I think this is my favourite BG album. It's just terrific! He follow up, A Twist In The Myth, is my least favourite and I rarely ever play it

• Like 1