Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thrice- Horizons/East 

One of the most important bands in my life, I haven't played them much the last two years, and I somehow missed this album when it came out in 2021.

Better late than never, because this is a beautiful record, one I can really sink my teeth into.

• Like 1

Maiden - Powerslave ‘84 (10/10)

3 times back to back to back 

plus Powerslave & Rime of the Ancient Mariner two more times each on top …

just for good measure :ROCK:  :ROCK:

• Like 9

Saturday:

Save Face - Another Kill For The Highlight Reel (Vinyl)

Super American - Sup (Vinyl)

Olivia Rodrigo - GUTS (Vinyl)

Sunday:

Anxious - Promo 2019 (EP)

Anxious - Never Better (EP)

I saw Just Friends, Young Culture, Sad Park, and Millington on Wednesday last week in Albany, NY. Tomorrow, I'm seeing the same tour in Syracuse, which is about equidistant for me. Super American and Save Face are opening this time, instead of Sad Park and Millington.

EP, I can't recommend Sup enough. It's been my most played album on Apple Music both this year, and last. It's like a mix of emo, pop punk, and "slacker" indie. Segue, you might like this too.

• Like 1

Jimmy eat World-Bleed American (8/10)

i really enjoy this record.  but listening back.  the succes of the Middle still baffles me.  it's a weak single.....come on.  i see 2 other songs that easily should have been bigger.

Sweetness (come on......THIS is a single smash......WHOA-OOOOOO!!!!!!)

Authority Song (this a great early 1960's Beatles vibe. again the hook is killer)

Anyway that's my view.

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

i really enjoy this record.  but listening back.  the succes of the Middle still baffles me.  it's a weak single.....come on.  i see 2 other songs that easily should have been bigger.

Authority Song (this a great early 1960's Beatles vibe. again the hook is killer)

Anyway that's my view.

Mick

The Middle’s success doesn’t baffle me. It’s really down to the power of that hook and it having some of the most kind and affirming lyrics most teens have ever heard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

Anyway that's my view.

Mick

The Middle’s success doesn’t baffle me. It’s really down to the power of that hook and it having some of the most kind and affirming lyrics most teens have ever heard.

• Like 1