Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

2 minutes ago, ST3V said:

its very clearly the weakest of the Neal catalogue, however i have not heard past Snow so I cannot say for all of the Beard. i know Feel Euphoria isnt very loved with the fans, so im expecting to love it lol

i love the Nick era.,  Wait till you hear X. It's as good as any neal era album IMO.

Mick

• Like 1

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ST3V said:

4T4G_1lfhkFxVZSrlKFaykU0wJcURd3Bvvrgu5Ws-WQAgCz6ujUSi_JFbU1P6BGC804xK0ib8Stjzuhtng=w544-h544-l90-rj

@bluefox4000 i was right

lol.  Most people don't like it JUST cause it's not Neal's brand of prog. it's more ROCK.

some fantastic songs on here

Onomatopoeia

The Bottom Line (so cool)

Feel Euphoria (weird as hell, lol)

East of Eden, West of Memphis

Ghosts of Autum

Carry on.

Tahe Sid Suite is just bonkers

Props to this band for Losing Neal and not trying (at least not right away) or feeling forced to do prog.

Mick

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

lol.  Most people don't like it JUST cause it's not Neal's brand of prog. it's more ROCK.

some fantastic songs on here

Onomatopoeia

The Bottom Line (so cool)

Feel Euphoria (weird as hell, lol)

East of Eden, West of Memphis

Ghosts of Autum

Carry on.

Tahe Sid Suite is just bonkers

Props to this band for Losing Neal and not trying (at least not right away) or feeling forced to do prog.

Mick

the title track had me jumping up and down, speaks to me very much so. i wonder how long Nick had been sitting on some of these ideas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ST3V said:

the title track had me jumping up and down, speaks to me very much so. i wonder how long Nick had been sitting on some of these ideas

also BTW.  Nick on a technical level is a better singer than Neal.

Same deal As phil being a better singer than Peter in Genesis.

The Nick era is way better than folk will tell you.

Mick

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

also BTW.  Nick on a technical level is a better singer than Neal.

Same deal As phil being a better singer than Peter in Genesis.

The Nick era is way better than folk will tell you.

Mick

For sure, I know Nick has never been vocally trained but he sure sounds like it. Hes just a total stud. Neals voice is definitely more raw but he utilizes it properly for both softer and harder songs

• Like 1

Worked from home today so, after some time of not getting to listen to any albums (on youtube or otherwise )it meant it was time to crack open the moving box's and whatever came out got listened to.  First out:

Uriah Heep - Equator

This album was recorded and mixed in late 1984 / early 1985 and, musically, it so sounds like a 1984 album.  I don't mean that in a bad way.  Its decent musically.  Not great (far from it) but not terrible either.  Decent.  As for the layrics, again it sort of sound like 1984 and the group was struggling to come up with decent ideas for song lyrics.  Not horrible but nothing very interesting.  Put another way, the music is better than the lyrics.  Best songs?  That would be "Poor Little Rich Girl" and "Rockarama"  Overall, its an ok album.  

Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep Live - January 1973

Decent live album.  Not awesome but not terrible either.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Goodbye

Hey, its Cream.  Even not at the best they were still very good.

Next out of the box:

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

Live Zeppelin.  I may not be a huge Zeppelin fan but its still a very good album - esp, when Robert Plant does not sing.  For some reason, his vocals just turn me off.  Its part of the reason I prefer The Who to Zeppelin.  Mind you, I also prefer Keith Moon to Bonzo and John Entwhisle to John Paul Jones.  Plus live I much prefer The Who.  Plus while Plants vocals turn me off I find Roger Daltry's vocals to be awesome.  But still I find this to be an enjoyable album.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Disraeli Gears

Excellent.  A classic.

Next out of the box:

Greta van Fleet - Anthem of the Peaceful Army

I was talked into trying Greta van Fleet by an ex co-worker who was a big Zeppelin fan.  Think I bought this right before I moved, listened to it once and tossed it into the moving box.  Is not bad but nothing I am wild about either.  Could not tell you the title of any of the songs so you can tell its sort of forgettable (esp. with all the other awesome music I listened to today).  Kind of filler IMO.

Next out of the box:

Bad Company - 10 from 6

Bad Companies greatest hits from the first 6 albums.  Not a huge Bad Co. fan (although I saw them twice live in the late 1980's and enjoyed them both times).  Still, whats not to like?  Enjoyable.

Next out of the box:

Dio - Sacred Heart

Ok, some call this Sacred Fart and while I agree its not close to The Last In Line or Holy Diver I still enjoy it.  Good album with "Hungry For Heaven" being the best song (IMO)

Next out of the box:

Nightwish - Once.

Yes, I have this on vinyl.

Heck of an album.  Awesome songs galore - "Dark Chest of Wonders", "Wish I Had An Angel", "Nemo", "Planet Hell", "Creek Marys Blood", & "The Siren". O, yeah - also a little song titled "Ghost Love Score".  Lets not forget that one.  Just excellent.  The amazing thing is I actually prefer Century Child  - but that I don't have on vinyl.

Last out of the box:

Def Leppard - Pyromania

This is the album that got me into hard rock & heavy metal.  An album I never skip a song on with 3 total classics (obviously "Fooling", "Rock of Ages" & "Photograph").  A total classic.

Whew!!  After not listen to any albums for a while I made up for it - started work early, worked though lunch and worked late.  Never stopped listening to music. 

Edited by TheAccountant
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

Worked from home today so, after some time of not getting to listen to any albums (on youtube or otherwise )it meant it was time to crack open the moving box's and whatever came out got listened to.  First out:

Uriah Heep - Equator

This album was recorded and mixed in late 1984 / early 1985 and, musically, it so sounds like a 1984 album.  I don't man that in a bad way.  Its decent musically.  Not great (far from it) but not terrible either.  Decent.  As for the layrics, again it sort of sound like 1984 and the group was struggling to come up with dent ideas for song lyrics.  Not horrible but nothing very interesting.  Put another way, the music is better than the lyrics.  Best songs?  That would be "Poor Little Rich Girl" and "Rockarama"  Overall, its an ok album.  

Next out of the box:

Uriah Heep Live - January 1973

Decent live album.  Not awesome but not terrible either.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Goodbye

Hey, its Cream.  Even not at the best they were still very good.

Next out of the box:

Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same

Live Zeppelin.  I may not be a huge Zeppelin fan but its still a very good album - esp, when Robert Plant does not sing.  For some reason, his vocals just turn me off.  Its part of the reason I prefer The Who to Zeppelin.  Mind you, I also prefer Keith Moon to Bonzo and John Entwhisle to John Paul Jones.  Plus live I much prefer The Who.  Plus while Plants vocals turn me off I find Roger Daltry's vocals to be awesome.  But still I find this to be an enjoyable album.

Next out of the box:

Cream - Disraeli Gears

Excellent.  A classic.

Next out of the box:

Greta van Fleet - Anthem of the Peaceful Army

I was talked into trying Greta van Fleet by an ex co-worker who was a big Zeppelin fan.  Think I bought this right before I moved, listened to it once and tossed it into the moving box.  Is not bad but nothing I am wild about either.  Could not tell you the title of any of the songs so you can tell its sort of forgettable (esp. with all the other awesome music I listened to today).  Kind of filler IMO.

Next out of the box:

Bad Company - 10 from 6

Bad Companies greatest hits from the first 6 albums.  Not a huge Bad Co. fan (although I saw them twice live in the late 1980's and enjoyed them both times).  Still, whats not to like?  Enjoyable.

Next out of the box:

Dio - Sacred Heart

Ok, some call this Sacred Fart and while I agree its not close to The Last In Line or Holy Diver I still enjoy it.  Good album with "Hungry For Heaven" being the best song (IMO)

Next out of the box:

Nightwish - Once.

Yes, I have this on vinyl.

Heck of an album.  Awesome songs galore - "Dark Chest of Wonders", "Wish I Had An Angel", "Nemo", "Planet Hell", "Creek Marys Blood", & "The Siren". O, yeah - also a little song titled "Ghost Love Score".  Lets not forget that one.  Just excellent.  The amazing thing is I actually prefer Century Child  - but that I don't have on vinyl.

Last out of the box:

Def Leppard - Pyromania

This is the album that got me into hard rock & heavy metal.  An album I never skip a song on with 3 total classics (obviously "Fooling", "Rock of Ages" & "Photograph").  A total classic.

Whew!!  After not listen to any albums for a while I made up for it - started work early, worked though lunch and worked late.  Never stopped listening to music. 

Who calls that album Sacred Fart? It's as close as Dio ever got to having a accessable, mainstream sounding album but it's still Dio.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Who calls that album Sacred Fart? It's as close as Dio ever got to having a accessable, mainstream sounding album but it's still Dio.

I've seen a lot of fans who just don't like it.  I'm not one BTW i love it, lol i think his first 4 are aces.  gets iffy after that for me.  

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Trivium- The Crusade 

I have been a supporter of this album since its 2006 release. I still love it, though I do think its a little up and down.

Taylor Swift- Evermore

Judas Priest- Point Of Entry

Testament- Demonic 

Paradise Lost- Symbol Of Life

Funeral For A Friend- Memory And Humanity

• Like 2

14 hours ago, treeduck said:

testament-brotherhood-of-the-snake-57be.

This one took me longer than normal to get into. Same as the latest (forget its title).

Both great albums though.

• Like 1

Yesterday:

Elton John - Madman Across The Water

Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

I hadn’t played GYBR in ages. Just fantastic.

• Like 4

Hall & Oates-X-static (10/10)

THIS Album here.  My fav H & O record.  it's rock, It's pop, It's AOR, It's funk, It's Disco,  it's New Wave, it's soul.  it's just perfect to me.

Wait for me gave me the same feeling i heard playing Popular girl .  only it blows that song away IMO

i love this album.:wub:

Mick

• Like 1