Albums You've Listened To Today, V.9

The Cat 3

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor Swift lover(9/10)

Take out me!:puke: and i think it's her best pop album.  yes over 1989

I feel happy it's getting a resurgence.  i felt i was on my little island loving this in 2019.

Mick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

Taylor Swift lover(9/10)

Take out me!:puke: and i think it's her best pop album.  yes over 1989

I feel happy it's getting a resurgence.  i felt i was on my little island loving this in 2019.

Mick

I warmed to You Need To Calm Down (still bottom two for me on the album) but Me! dampens the otherwise outstanding second half.

Still annoyed we haven't got a Cruel Summer music video. Ggggrrrrrrr

f**k Karma ft. Ice Spice, CRUEL SUMMER NEEDS A VIDEO 

And Paper Rings is one of her cutest songs ever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I totally understand him though, I've had my issues with superstars before. Then I take a deep dive and find myself thinking OHHHHHHHH

Also, Taylor rewards listeners on her albums. Yes, you have Shake It Off. But erm...Wildest Dreams exists.

Me! Eew. But then you get Soon You'll Get Better.

We Are Never, Ever, Ever? Shares album space with State Of Grace.

I don’t see myself coming around on anything I’ve already been exposed to, especially her many hits which have long either done nothing for me or outright annoyed me. I also distinctly recall being bored by Folklore, which was supposed to be the album that could possibly win me over. So like, me, a Swifty? I don’t think so…

But these two songs you sent me today are good… so there might be something to this Speak Now album….

Grouplove - I Want It All Right Now

New album of the week for me. Playing Kings Of Leon recently put me in the mood for that wave of popular indie and alternative that was huge when I started high school, and Grouplove was absolutely part of it, so I was pleasantly surprised to find they had a new album out. I like it! It’s good! It sounds pretty much exactly like I expected it to, yearning and catchy and too hopeful and earnest to cross the line into irritating it so desperately wants to. Just like they sounded back in high school!

Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold

If I’d had more of a taste for metal back in high school, I suspect I wouldn’t just be falling for these guys now.

20 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I don’t see myself coming around on anything I’ve already been exposed to, especially her many hits which have long either done nothing for me or outright annoyed me. I also distinctly recall being bored by Folklore, which was supposed to be the album that could possibly win me over. So like, me, a Swifty? I don’t think so…

But these two songs you sent me today are good… so there might be something to this Speak Now album….

Speak Now is where her love of music that kids our age loved at the time really shines through. She's a few months older than me, and her love of emo really comes through on that album.

I wish she pushed harder at that style for a bit longer, but the album oddly didn't resonate at the time.

It's a fan fave now 

36 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Speak Now is where her love of music that kids our age loved at the time really shines through. She's a few months older than me, and her love of emo really comes through on that album.

I wish she pushed harder at that style for a bit longer, but the album oddly didn't resonate at the time.

It's a fan fave now 

I might sneak a try.

Blind Guardian - Live Beyond the Spheres

Very good.  A few nit picky complaints though.  The album was clearly recorded during multiple shows in different locations.  Not a big fan of that.  I prefer my live albums to be recorded all at once (think Rush in Rio).  

Best song on the album?  Cant pick - to many to chose from.

Song that most made me go "Wow!! That was better than I anticipated"  Twilight of the Gods.

Song that most made me go "Hmm, that was the weakest link of the album".  Majesty.  Perhaps Wheel of Time - pity with that since the song is good and I really like that fantasy series.

Song I would like to have have on the album that was not there?  Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) followed by Time For Dying.

Still, excellent.

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

Blind Guardian - Live Beyond the Spheres

Very good.  A few nit picky complaints though.  The album was clearly recorded during multiple shows in different locations.  Not a big fan of that.  I prefer my live albums to be recorded all at once (think Rush in Rio).  

Best song on the album?  Cant pick - to many to chose from.

Song that most made me go "Wow!! That was better than I anticipated"  Twilight of the Gods.

Song that most made me go "Hmm, that was the weakest link of the album".  Majesty.  Perhaps Wheel of Time - pity with that since the song is good and I really like that fantasy series.

Song I would like to have have on the album that was not there?  Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill) followed by Time For Dying.

Still, excellent.

Wheel Of Time is a top three fantasy series for me

• Like 1

Porcupine Tree- Fear Of A Blank Planet

Taylor Swift- Speak Now (Taylor's Version)

Lamb Of God- Wrath

• Like 2

Vampire Weekend - Contra

So nice.

Now I’m back to Kings Of Leon, Only By The Night. Sex On Fire. What a euphoric hook.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Vampire Weekend - Contra

So nice.

Now I’m back to Kings Of Leon, Only By The Night. Sex On Fire. What a euphoric hook.

Only By The Night is a desert island disc for me. 

I also love Vampire Weekend

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

Only By The Night is a desert island disc for me. 

I also love Vampire Weekend

I’m really getting into it now. From an arrangement perspective it’s just genius all over. Rhythms and riffs, licks and bass lines, the ways they interlock to make something greater than the sum of their parts. I’m honestly studying this to figure out how to implement it into my own music!

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I’m really getting into it now. From an arrangement perspective it’s just genius all over. Rhythms and riffs, licks and bass lines, the ways they interlock to make something greater than the sum of their parts. I’m honestly studying this to figure out how to implement it into my own music!

I've been a KoL fan since around 2005. I remember when fans said OBTN was a major sellout, I instead thought "these songs...never expected this from them", but in the BEST of ways. Come Around Sundown is just as great to me.

Never a bad album, they and The Killers are my favourite mainstream rock bands to debut this century.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Wheel Of Time is a top three fantasy series for me

#2 for me behind J.R.R. Tolkien's work.  Wish Patrick Rothfus would finish the King Killer Chronicles - those might, perhaps challenge the Wheel of Time.  Perhaps.  Currently there are behind it.  We will see if / when its done.  Likely followed by Raymond Feist's Rift War Saga.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

#2 for me behind J.R.R. Tolkien's work.  Wish Patrick Rothfus would finish the King Killer Chronicles - those might, perhaps challenge the Wheel of Time.  Perhaps.  Currently there are behind it.  We will see if / when its done.  Likely followed by Raymond Feist's Rift War Saga.

I'm not a fan of Rothfuss, but I love Feist!

Have you read Robin Hobb? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm not a fan of Rothfuss, but I love Feist!

Have you read Robin Hobb? 

(I picked back up on Hobb, just finished Fool’s Errand… :fistscrying:)

• Like 1