The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

No look passes, no look handshakes... it`s a natural evolution. Get with the times, man. :smoke:

Yeah, the only thing Conte forgot to do was roll around on the ground for a couple of minutes. And such a nice Italian boy, too.  :wagfinger:

• Like 1

Stating that it is "an ongoing Twitter joke" and that he "is not buying any sports teams", Elon Musk has shot down persistent rumors that he is buying Man U.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pjbear05 said:

Stating that it is "an ongoing Twitter joke" and that he "is not buying any sports teams", Elon Musk has shot down persistent rumors that he is buying Man U.

"You couldn't afford me, dear" - Christiano Ronaldo. :coy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know, I thought I couldn`t be any happier about how Spurs fluked their way to a draw at Chelsea. But Mike Dean, VAR chief suit, apologising for not asking the on-pitch ref to look at the monitor to review Romero`s hair pull as a violent act? It`s the edible gold leaf within which the cherry on the top of my favourite cake is to be found.:heart:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

You know, I thought I couldn`t be any happier about how Spurs fluked their way to a draw at Chelsea. But Mike Dean, VAR chief suit, apologising for not asking the on-pitch ref to look at the monitor to review Romero`s hair pull as a violent act? It`s the edible gold leaf within which the cherry on the top of my favourite cake is to be found.:heart:

Apologies can sometimes soften the blow and accusations of biasness. The silence from Ekstraklasa referees last season seemed to scream: 'That's right, Wisla. We want you to drop. What you gonna do about it?' 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Apologies can sometimes soften the blow and accusations of biasness. The silence from Ekstraklasa referees last season seemed to scream: 'That's right, Wisla. We want you to drop. What you gonna do about it?' 

Tuchel seems underwhelmed by the apology. Some people just want to watch the world burn... :nyanya:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Tuchel seems underwhelmed by the apology. Some people just want to watch the world burn... :nyanya:

Germany is doing so well at the track and field European championships, you'd think he would mellow down.  :confused:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Germany is doing so well at the track and field European championships, you'd think he would mellow down.  :confused:

I hate to break it to him, but he`s a long way off the 4 x 100m if his baffling efforts down the touchline last weekend were a sign of Tuchel the Sprinter.

• Like 1

I hate to break it to him, but he`s a long way off the 4 x 100m if his baffling efforts down the touchline last weekend were a sign of Tuchel the Sprinter.

I would definitely let him try the triple jump.  :chickendance:  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I would definitely let him try the triple jump.  :chickendance:  

I could see him overstepping, so might push him towards the high jump - he looks like Stretch Armstrong after a tough session.

• Like 1

I could see him overstepping, so might push him towards the high jump - he looks like Stretch Armstrong after a tough session.

Or the 35K marathon.  :wink: 

• Like 1

Spurs providing all the snap, crackle and thunder normally associated with watching a man running a 35km marathon. :zzz: If there`s one TV contract I`m glad I let slide, it`s the one that gave me the Saturday lunchtime yawnfest.

• Like 1

Spurs providing all the snap, crackle and thunder normally associated with watching a man running a 35km marathon. :zzz: If there`s one TV contract I`m glad I let slide, it`s the one that gave me the Saturday lunchtime yawnfest.

Harry, who else. :notworthy:

• Like 1

He`s a useful asset. Could do a job over in Krakow. :yes:

In order for that to happen, all of the teams from Ekstraklasa and indeed Fortuna 1 Liga would have to get together and pay for the transfer...and perhaps even then, they'd be a little short. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

In order for that to happen, all of the teams from Ekstraklasa and indeed Fortuna 1 Liga would have to get together and pay for the transfer...and perhaps even then, they'd be a little short. 

... could be available on a free in summer 2024. :ohmy: ...if he`ll  agree to play for a similar sum. I think I`d do that, if I was a player. Where can I get a hatful, or live somewhere nice, away from the wife and kids?

• Like 1

... could be available on a free in summer 2024. :ohmy: ...if he`ll  agree to play for a similar sum. I think I`d do that, if I was a player. Where can I get a hatful, or live somewhere nice, away from the wife and kids?

Like the old song goes, 'Polish girls have the most amount of vitamins in them'.  :wub:  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Like the old song goes, 'Polish girls have the most amount of vitamins in them'.  :wub:  

That particular number didn`t really catch on over here. :confused: However, I did like a barmaid called Agnieska about twenty years ago... she was full of all the good ones.

• Like 1

That particular number didn`t really catch on over here. :confused: However, I did like a barmaid called Agnieska about twenty years ago... she was full of all the good ones.

I think that's Agnieszka, just to make it more difficult for you.  :wink:  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I think that's Agnieszka, just to make it more difficult for you.  :wink:  

Silly me, fancy spelling a name without a "z". Everyone called her Agnes, except me. I have nice memories of her in a slinky mirrorball style dress. :wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blackhawkrush said:

Wisla 3 Skra 0   :rr:  Kane not required today. 

Better to be near the top of I Liga than blundering around at the bottom of the Ekstraklasa, eh? :wink:

• Like 1

Better to be near the top of I Liga than blundering around at the bottom of the Ekstraklasa, eh? :wink:

The Federation and TV money is not as good at 1 Liga, so it's never a good idea to start feeling comfortable at a lower level, especially when your financial situation is less than ideal. The fans are basically keeping the team alive right now. There were three Ekstraklasa matches today, and all of them put together didn't have as many spectators as at the Wisla stadium. 

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned