Jump to content

The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread


Recommended Posts

Xhaka, yellow card, Albanian mafia, bookies  :wacko: I wonder if he got anything for missing a penalty against Poland at EURO 2016. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Xhaka, yellow card, Albanian mafia, bookies  :wacko: I wonder if he got anything for missing a penalty against Poland at EURO 2016. 

There is no offence, crime, transgression or misdemeanour that I would discount as beneath him, when applied to everyone Arsenal player ever Xhaka. :rolleyes:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

There is no offence, crime, transgression or misdemeanour that I would discount as beneath him, when applied to everyone Arsenal player ever Xhaka. :rolleyes:

Are there any friendships between PL teams? I'm talking about fanbases. For instance, Wisla fans are friends with Ruch and Widzew fans...at the moment. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Are there any friendships between PL teams? I'm talking about fanbases. For instance, Wisla fans are friends with Ruch and Widzew fans...at the moment. 

The problem is everywhere is so damned close. Poland`s bigger than England by about 1.3x - but you could drive for fewer than 80 miles and see Liverpool, Everton, both Manchester clubs, and Leeds. And pass about ten more league clubs on the way. London has 17 sides, all within a matter of miles. There are some uneasy alliances, where there is a bigger enemy two clubs hate, but there aren`t many "friendships" I can think of. Just a lot of hate. Every PL London club has Spurs as their most hated club. It`s anti-semitism! They are real noses! :fistscrying:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

The problem is everywhere is so damned close. Poland`s bigger than England by about 1.3x - but you could drive for fewer than 80 miles and see Liverpool, Everton, both Manchester clubs, and Leeds. And pass about ten more league clubs on the way. London has 17 sides, all within a matter of miles. There are some uneasy alliances, where there is a bigger enemy two clubs hate, but there aren`t many "friendships" I can think of. Just a lot of hate. Every PL London club has Spurs as their most hated club. It`s anti-semitism! They are real noses! :fistscrying:

Now that I think about it, some clubs look outside their borders to find soulmates, don't they?  :wub:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wisla 2 GKS Katowice 1 :smile: Fernandez, the man trying everything to get out of Krakow, including faking injuries, with the double. :laugh: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Steve McManaman says "Real Madrid have to deal with people questioning their age and if they can keep up, but they churn out performances that are absolutely exemplarily every time."

 

I might substitute the words Real Madrid for Simon and use that on a CV. :thumbsup:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Steve McManaman says "Real Madrid have to deal with people questioning their age and if they can keep up, but they churn out performances that are absolutely exemplarily every time."

 

I might substitute the words Real Madrid for Simon and use that on a CV. :thumbsup:

I also marvel at their ability to be in the mix in Europe year after year. :wacko:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

White vs Hamilton, trying to get to British Open proper. It's a regular Moe vs Larry battle.  :poke:  Even the referee looks like Curly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

White vs Hamilton, trying to get to British Open proper. It's a regular Moe vs Larry battle.  :poke:  Even the referee looks like Curly. 

Larry with the sweep. Not unexpected. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Cracovia 0 Piast 1  :facepalm:  Another lackluster performance, this time at home.  

Could be worse, eh? You could be Erik ten Haag. :blush:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Could be worse, eh? You could be Erik ten Haag. :blush:

Or, GKS Tychy 3 Wisla 1 :rolleyes: Apparently, there's been too much winning in Krakow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Or, GKS Tychy 3 Wisla 1 :rolleyes: Apparently, there's been too much winning in Krakow. 

That`s no good. It was all going so swimmingly. :facepalm: Hope your change of fortune doesn`t reach the good part of North London. :no:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

That`s no good. It was all going so swimmingly. :facepalm: Hope your change of fortune doesn`t reach the good part of North London. :no:

First it has to reach Bayern, so you should be all right...unless it was to happen through the power of TRF?  :scared:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

First it has to reach Bayern, so you should be all right...unless it was to happen through the power of TRF?  :scared:  

How are we in the Calais area? My gut feeling is under represented. I`m sure there`s a heavy contingent of Walloons and Flemish (merchants). :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

How are we in the Calais area? My gut feeling is under represented. I`m sure there`s a heavy contingent of Walloons and Flemish (merchants). :thumbsup:

Non, je ne regrette rien :whipgirl:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So who do you like in brawl? Conte or Tuchel? Conte seems brawnier, but I'll bet Tuchel comes at you like a spider monkey on crack.

 

Good game! Can Spurs pull it off?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, I do love having Romero at my club (pulling Cucerella to the ground via his hair was just so blatant I laughed out loud). :wub:  He`s an icon to fans of shithousery all over the world. Obviously I`d back Conte in a simple scrap, as I think Tuchel looks like he has legs of glass... ironically, if they chose a hair pulling contest, it`d be the thinning-Tuchel who would have the most to grab at for longest, despite what old photos of Conte might suggest. :sleep:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And of course I was surprised that Spurs first goal was allowed as it looked like Richarlison was affecting Mendy`s view. Oh, and I was surprised that the second goal was allowed because of the hair-pulling incident.

 

Other than the two goals, and Chelsea`s superiority across the pitch, it was a perfectly fair result.  :bolt:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Oh, I do love having Romero at my club (pulling Cucerella to the ground via his hair was just so blatant I laughed out loud). :wub:  He`s an icon to fans of shithousery all over the world. Obviously I`d back Conte in a simple scrap, as I think Tuchel looks like he has legs of glass... ironically, if they chose a hair pulling contest, it`d be the thinning-Tuchel who would have the most to grab at for longest, despite what old photos of Conte might suggest. :sleep:

Pillow fight as the rubber match, then?  :coy: :coy:  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Pillow fight as the rubber match, then?  :coy: :coy:  

That`s the only kind of sport that BBC have the rights to. They`ll make a season out of it. :drool:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...