The 2022-23 Football (Soccer) Thread

Nova Carmina

2 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

I can promise you, nobody relevant talks about the group BLM here - only the people who don`t like the idea of racial equality - the principle is supported. 

So it's kinda like the French playing football and trying to forget it was invented by the English, eh? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

So it's kinda like the French playing football and trying to forget it was invented by the English, eh? 

Breaking News! PL chief suit Richard Masters says they`ll reveal their new gesture soon, as the knee was losing its power, or something. I hope the new thing is like a Masonic handshake. 

• Like 1

Breaking News! PL chief suit Richard Masters says they`ll reveal their new gesture soon, as the knee was losing its power, or something. I hope the new thing is like a Masonic handshake. 

Continuing with the French theme, I hope it's the two-finger gesture.  :tongue: 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Continuing with the French theme, I hope it's the two-finger gesture.  :tongue: 

I`m hoping for a human pyramid. To show deference to almighty Ra. :notworthy:

• Like 1

I`m hoping for a human pyramid. To show deference to almighty Ra. :notworthy:

And just to make more of a statement, Son on the bottom and Kane on top. :coy: :coy: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Tiraspol 1 Plzen 2  :alien: I can't believe the very useless ex-Wisla man, Kliment is still alive in Champions League qualifiers.  :facepalm:

The very same Tiraspol that made short shrift of Real last season. They`ll not be able to get arrested in Transnistria now. :blast:

• Like 1

The very same Tiraspol that made short shrift of Real last season. They`ll not be able to get arrested in Transnistria now. :blast:

Interesting attire for the Rangers, a cross between Poland and Peru, but they're trailing as well...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Interesting attire for the Rangers, a cross between Poland and Peru, but they're trailing as well...

I blame Aaron Ramsey for all of it. :facepalm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

I can't take this commentator. He's making Rangers into at least Real Madrid.  :wacko:  

Well, we can't blame the Rangers for the second goal. I'm thinking movers and shakers will change that rule as it starts happening with regularity to the big boys of football. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Well, we can't blame the Rangers for the second goal. I'm thinking movers and shakers will change that rule as it starts happening with regularity to the big boys of football. 

Giving the penalty sure seems harsh, for anyone brought up in an era when you had to really kick someone really hard to get one. And booking the defender too, for not having anticipated exactly where a rebound would go from a couple of feet away. Hmmm... it`s like the old guidance to political parties - don`t adopt a policy that looks like an Onion headline - well, don`t make laws that everyone watching thinks are really really stupid. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Giving the penalty sure seems harsh, for anyone brought up in an era when you had to really kick someone really hard to get one. And booking the defender too, for not having anticipated exactly where a rebound would go from a couple of feet away. Hmmm... it`s like the old guidance to political parties - don`t adopt a policy that looks like an Onion headline - well, don`t make laws that everyone watching thinks are really really stupid. :rolleyes:

:angel: Amen. :angel:

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 12:20 PM, IbanezJem said:

PL prediction table - City will be affected by adapting to Haaland and Liverpool will sweep to glory with their rejuvenated strikeforce. Spurs to be the best team and be completely lovely in every way but their total of 98 points will leave them 3 behind Liverpool, but 10 ahead of City. :nyanya:

1   Liverpool

2   Tottenham Hotspur

3   Manchester City

4   Chelsea                     

5   Manchester United
6   Arsenal

7   Newcastle United

8   Aston Villa

9   West Ham Utd

10 Brighton & Hove Albion

11 Leicester City

12 Wolves

13 Leeds United

14 Everton

15 Nottm Forest

16 Crystal Palace

17 Brentford                 

18 Southampton

19 Fulham
20 AFC Bournemouth

This is a good list, and I heartily endorse most of it!

If I had to guess (but you don't! Oh, I still will . . .), I'd swap West Ham and Villa; I don't think BHA will finish that high, so, say 14th; and I think this is the year Fulham manages to stick, so I'd move Nott'm Florist down into the relegation zone.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

This is a good list, and I heartily endorse most of it!

If I had to guess (but you don't! Oh, I still will . . .), I'd swap West Ham and Villa; I don't think BHA will finish that high, so, say 14th; and I think this is the year Fulham manages to stick, so I'd move Nott'm Florist down into the relegation zone.

The problem, the extremely unfair problem IMO, is that 11 of the world`s 20 richest clubs are in the PL. I really wish Spurs could go on loan to Belgium for a season to get experience. :eh:

• Like 1

The problem, the extremely unfair problem IMO, is that 11 of the world`s 20 richest clubs are in the PL. I really wish Spurs could go on loan to Belgium for a season to get experience. :eh:

Preferably Antwerp. :smile:

• Like 1

Just looked at Spurs first five fixtures -

Southampton (H), Chelsea (A), Wolves (H), Forest (A), West Ham (A)

If we switch Burnley (A) for Forest (A), we lost all five last season. So, if we can pick up one point from the fifteen available then we are way ahead of our targets. The points against City and Liverpool are locked in, of course. :glare: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Nobody does! :bitchslap:

I guess it could've been worse...Europe. :facepalm:  I did an interview with Tiamat's keyboard player once and he's a big Monty Python/Fawlty Towers fan. He told me he's got a model of the hotel with its surroundings at home. :ROCK: 

• Haha 1

Stal 2 Cracovia 0  :facepalm:  I would've been more upset about the red card if not getting it meant a chance for Cracovia in this match. Unfortunately, the team played even worse with eleven men. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

Stal 2 Cracovia 0  :facepalm:  I would've been more upset about the red card if not getting it meant a chance for Cracovia in this match. Unfortunately, the team played even worse with eleven men. 

Imagine if they were a Rugby Union team, with fifteen of them. Does the new month herald the end of any early season optimism? I mean, Stal?

• Like 1

Imagine if they were a Rugby Union team, with fifteen of them. Does the new month herald the end of any early season optimism? I mean, Stal?

The boys came out flat and showed too much respect for Stal. You'd think they'd be full of confidence after the fast start to the season...

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:00 PM, IbanezJem said:

The points against City and Liverpool are locked in, of course. :glare: 

I suppose "zero" is a number of points, yes . . .

As for the game today, let's collectively agree that we hope this is the last time Arseanal will be top of the table.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned