Jump to content

Lollapalooza is on Hulu this weekend.


Recommended Posts

They sold out to top 40 kiddie crap just like Coachella.  MGK, Doja Cat?  No thanks.  Just let it go, Perry Farrell.  Also, screw Hulu for making the Kartrashians richer.

 

There are new and better festivals like Eddie Vedder's Ohana in Dana Point.  My cousin and her husband went there a few times when they lived in San Clemente.  They moved to Seattle recently.

Edited by invisible airwave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I posted this as a friendly  headups to any one who might have Hulu. So tune in or tune out. A little new music never hurt anyone.  

 

Not a real fan of any band playing but Billy strings is on next and if you appreciate next level playing check it out. Acoustic guitar ripping. 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tangy said:

I posted this as a friendly  headups to any one who might have Hulu. So tune in or tune out. A little new music never hurt anyone.  

 

Not a real fan of any band playing but Billy strings is on next and if you appreciate next level playing check it out. Acoustic guitar ripping. 

 

 

 

I have no issues with finding new music to listen to. Getting people to actually talk about it on this site is a whole other issue though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, tangy said:

I posted this as a friendly  headups to any one who might have Hulu. So tune in or tune out. A little new music never hurt anyone.  

 

Not a real fan of any band playing but Billy strings is on next and if you appreciate next level playing check it out. Acoustic guitar ripping. 

 

 

Turnstile is a new band I'm really digging lately and they play on Saturday.  Royal Blood is relatively new since their first album was in 2014.

 

It's just unfortunate that these bands and PUP are there and the brainwashed masses want safe pop crap wolves in sheep's punk clothing like Machine Gun Kelly.  He is to punk rock what a PG13 rating is to a slasher movie.

Edited by invisible airwave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, tangy said:

I posted this as a friendly  headups to any one who might have Hulu. So tune in or tune out. A little new music never hurt anyone.  

 

Not a real fan of any band playing but Billy strings is on next and if you appreciate next level playing check it out. Acoustic guitar ripping. 

 

 

Thanks ! 

 

Agree on Billy.   He's an amazing player for sure. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Turnstile is a new band I'm really digging lately and they play on Saturday.  Royal Blood is relatively new since their first album was in 2014.

 

It's just unfortunate that these bands and PUP are there and the brainwashed masses want safe pop crap wolves in sheep's punk clothing like Machine Gun Kelly.  He is to punk rock what a PG13 rating is to a slasher movie.

I will try to check out royal blood. Thanks for the recommendation.  I am not familiar with any artists the next two days.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2022 at 1:00 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Lollapalooza still happens?

I thought the same thing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, tangy said:

I will try to check out royal blood. Thanks for the recommendation.  I am not familiar with any artists the next two days.  

Royal blood was good.

 

Great drummer and the bass player was really unique. He seems to play the bass like a guitar?  Kind a modern version of older muse? I like muse fwiw

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 10:34 AM, tangy said:

Royal blood was good.

 

Great drummer and the bass player was really unique. He seems to play the bass like a guitar?  Kind a modern version of older muse? I like muse fwiw

 

Same with Robert Sledge of Ben Folds Five and his fuzz sound especially on their more "rocking" songs on their indie self titled debut like Julianne and Uncle Walter.


Can't forget Cliff (RIP) on Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) on Kill 'Em All as well.

Edited by invisible airwave
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2022 at 3:29 PM, invisible airwave said:

Same with Robert Sledge of Ben Folds Five and his fuzz sound especially on their more "rocking" songs on their indie self titled debut like Julianne and Uncle Walter.


Can't forget Cliff (RIP) on Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) on Kill 'Em All as well.

Yeah Muse may be the first band that comes to mind when an extra fuzzy bass comes out, but there were many pioneers before them who did amazing things with the sound. At least as far back as John Entwistle. And I say this as a head over heels Muse fan. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 1:41 PM, tangy said:

https://youtu.be/mv_OPfQ80SE

 

Get with times you dinosaurs! Here's some ghost for you two to enjoy.

Lol

 

 

 

 

 

I guess once Lollapalooza stopped being a touring festival and became a destination one I stopped paying attention and thought it ended years ago.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2022 at 6:35 PM, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Yeah Muse may be the first band that comes to mind when an extra fuzzy bass comes out, but there were many pioneers before them who did amazing things with the sound. At least as far back as John Entwistle. And I say this as a head over heels Muse fan. 

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/how-to-sound-like-royal-blood

 

Interesting read. 

 

Royal blood was the best band I saw on Hulu. 

 

Strangely enough, the performance I enjoyed the most was a band called hinds. 4 girls from Spain. Killer energy and just fun.

 

The crowd was into maneskin. They rocked but it was a little cheesy imo. And very nippley! Lol

None the djs or rappers impressed. Except for sampa the great. She was from somewhere in africa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, J2112YYZ said:

Lollapalooza still happens?

 

So... I was having a few beers with my brother last Sunday. I told him I had been checking out lollapalooza and his reply was pretty much the same as yours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, custom55 said:

Loved this band in the 90s'. 

 

 

I was never much of a fan of porno for pros but watched the lollapalooza set. Perry's voice sounds great. I was really surprised.  The band was tight too. Great players.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tangy said:

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/how-to-sound-like-royal-blood

 

Interesting read. 

 

Royal blood was the best band I saw on Hulu. 

 

Strangely enough, the performance I enjoyed the most was a band called hinds. 4 girls from Spain. Killer energy and just fun.

 

The crowd was into maneskin. They rocked but it was a little cheesy imo. And very nippley! Lol

None the djs or rappers impressed. Except for sampa the great. She was from somewhere in africa?

I love Maneskin! Hoping they release a new record soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...