Last movie you watched, v.2

yyz305

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

She wears a series of sexy outfits too! :drool:

I don't know where your mind is. I'm all for the camera work in the movie. Ebert would give you a right spanking. 

• Haha 1

I am at the cinema, about to see Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom !

Mother (and sister) wanted to see it (for Jason Mamoa), and it’s Christmas, so….:confused: :biggrin:

(20 minutes of ads and trailers later….still waiting…..)

Edited by Principled Man

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

I am at the cinema, about to see Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom !

Mother (and sister) wanted to see it (for Jason Mamoa), and it’s Christmas, so….:confused: :biggrin:

What about the Packers?  :unsure:

2 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

What about the Packers?  :unsure:

The magic of DVR technology has been activated!

Aquaman and The Lost Kingdom

• This film exceeded my expectations of just how bad a DCEU film could be.  My mother, sister, brother-in-law and I all thought it was bad.   
  • Two hours felt like three.  The dialogue was juvenile, awkward and very predictable.  The plot and ending were predictable.    
  • Sometimes, it seemed like the actors would wait an extra second for the director to tell them when to speak.    
  • Special Guest Star Randall Park, who was the whiny, annoying FBI agent in Ant-Man and the Wasp, co-starred as the whiny, annoying scientist working with Black Manta.  All of his whiny, annoying screen time should have been given to Black Manta.  
  • The visuals were very good - better than in the first film.
  • Many shameless "borrowings" of scenes and characters from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  The names were changed to prevent lawsuits.      

I graciously give the film an F.  There is something definitely Fishy in the DCEU these days.  I think it's time to completely clean the tank.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Principled Man said:

• This film exceeded my expectations of just how bad a DCEU film could be.  My mother, sister, brother-in-law and I all thought it was bad.   
  • Two hours felt like three.  The dialogue was juvenile, awkward and very predictable.  The plot and ending were predictable.    
  • Sometimes, it seemed like the actors would wait an extra second for the director to tell them when to speak.    
  • Special Guest Star Randall Park, who was the whiny, annoying FBI agent in Ant-Man and the Wasp, co-starred as the whiny, annoying scientist working with Black Manta.  All of his whiny, annoying screen time should have been given to Black Manta.  
  • Many shameless "borrowings" of scenes and characters from Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.  The names were changed to prevent lawsuits.      

I graciously give the film an F.  There is something definitely Fishy in the DCEU these days.  I think it's time to completely clean the tank.  

If I have my timeline correct. That was the final nail in the coffin of old DCEU, the last of the Snyderverse. Everything after this film will be the new DCU. The Batman and The Joker with their sequels exist in their own 'universe'. 

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

If I have my timeline correct. That was the final nail in the coffin of old DCEU, the last of the Snyderverse. Everything after this film will be the new DCU. The Batman and The Joker with their sequels exist in their own 'universe'. 

That is correct.  This phase of DC films is done....thankfully.   

22 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Probably why Jason wants to opt out of working Part 3.