Porcupine Tree - new album, new tour, new age, new era

20 minutes ago, treeduck said:

Ok I've finally listened to it. I think it's pretty good but I'm underwhelmed. Maybe it's the 13 year gap that made my expectations go up, maybe it'll grow on me but it could be the weakest Porcupine Tree album out of the last eight. I'm not even sure if it's better than the last couple of Steven Wilson solo albums.

I also just listened to it and my expectations were fully met. But I know a lot less PT than most listeners, and have known them for a lot less time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

I also just listened to it and my expectations were fully met. But I know a lot less PT than most listeners, and have known them for a lot less time.

It might grow on me, next time I listen to it I might hear it completely differently.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 7:59 PM, treeduck said:

It might grow on me, next time I listen to it I might hear it completely differently.

It is a grower. After 5 full listens it all came together for me. Some tunes were immediate (Hariden for example) but a lot of songs just got better and better and better. Richard really is the unsung hero on this great album. The atmospheric tones he produces in so many tunes...his phrasing.....just wow. 

This is a headphone album all the way too. 

Edited by Todem
  • Like 2