There IS a God after all!

Fridge

Only 2025? Why not just knock it on the head right now??

They should have done it when Martin did a song with forking Rihanna.

What's wrong with Rihanna?

Just because you want to bang her!

I'd rather see her sing live. Have you heard this?

http://youtu.be/QMP-o8WXSPM

>>Our last proper record will come out in 2025, and after that I think we will only tour," he said.

Who would've thought that one day Coldplay would become a novelty act like Foreigner.

>>Our last proper record will come out in 2025, and after that I think we will only tour," he said.

Who would've thought that one day Coldplay would become a novelty act like Foreigner.

Me. Transitioning to touring only has been done by most relevant bands who pass 25 years together without breaking up. I think the more surprising thing is the announcement 4 years in advance. It’s almost too practical to be believed.

Ahhh yes Coldplay. I absolutely loved heir first three albums. Starting with Vida that was it for me. Moved on. But I had a chance to see them live and meet them after the show at the grand opening of the University of Miami’s basketball arena back on the Rush of Blood To The Head tour.

They were so young, and had no idea how big they would eventually become. The show was great. We had fantastic seats. I remember I had 10 tickets (I knew the promotor of the show) in Row 7......I could not even give them away. No one really knew who Coldplay was back then in 2002.

They went from writing arena anthems to pop dribble......and hey they became monster pop stars.....but man those first 3 albums were special.

I discovered them on the now long defunct HBO show Reverb. Live performances of their stuff from Parachutes were featured. When I saw them perform Spies live on Reverb I was hooked. To this day one of my all time favorite tunes from them.

Once they got away from writing good alternative rock songs I was done. The ride was over for me.

Yes they have written several catchy and clever pop songs since.....just not my cup of tea. Viva La Vida was an album that was very hit and miss for me and I felt the change of direction on that album and knew.....it's over.

I could not even name a song since that album to be honest.

Edited by Todem

Ahhh yes Coldplay. I absolutely loved heir first three albums. Starting with Vida that was it for me. Moved on. But I had a chance to see them live and meet them after the show at the grand opening of the University of Miami’s basketball arena back on the Rush of Blood To The Head tour.

They were so young, and had no idea how big they would eventually become. The show was great. We had fantastic seats. I remember I had 10 tickets (I knew the promotor of the show) in Row 7......I could not even give them away. No one really knew who Coldplay was back then in 2002.

They went from writing arena anthems to pop dribble......and hey they became monster pop stars.....but man those first 3 albums were special.

I discovered them on the now long defunct HBO show Reverb. Live performances of their stuff from Parachutes were featured. When I saw them perform Spies live on Reverb I was hooked. To this day one of my all time favorite tunes from them.

Once they got away from writing good alternative rock songs I was done. The ride was over for me.

Yes they have written several catchy and clever pop songs since.....just not my cup of tea. Viva La Vida was an album that was very hit and miss for me and I felt the change of direction on that album and knew.....it's over.

i quite loved Viva la Vida. so i went further than you did. Mylo Xyloto i went.....Uh-oh. i smell fire in the building. but i gave them another shot. Ghost stories was it for me what a absolute stinker. a divorce album that was so whiny and pathetic and dull.....even for a divorce album. i haven't went back since. i've heard singles and nah. they are just pandering too the lowest form of the pop market now.

actually i bet they never stop making albums, lol

• Like 1

i quite loved Viva la Vida. so i went further than you did. Mylo Xyloto i went.....Uh-oh. i smell fire in the building. but i gave them another shot. Ghost stories was it for me what a absolute stinker. a divorce album that was so whiny and pathetic and dull.....even for a divorce album. i haven't went back since. i've heard singles and nah. they are just pandering too the lowest form of the pop market now.

Did you ever try Everyday Life? It’s a lot more like Viva La Vida. Very eclectic stylistically with some progish elements mixed back in. Plus, other than Orphans, there’s very little in the way of obvious chart singles.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Did you ever try Everyday Life? It’s a lot more like Viva La Vida. Very eclectic stylistically with some progish elements mixed back in. Plus, other than Orphans, there’s very little in the way of obvious chart singles.

i need to try it cause you have brought it up.......so i'll try to remember, lol

but you know me i'm open to anything

Mick

• Like 1

i need to try it cause you have brought it up.......so i'll try to remember, lol

but you know me i'm open to anything

Mick

Much better than anything else they've done since MX in my opinion!