YYNOT - Light and Shade

KenJennings

Pumped that I got my copy of YYNOT's next release yesterday, signed and numbered 3/1000. I've only given it a few listens so far, but it's a great direction for the band. They continue to develop a unique and independent take from their roots as a Rush tribute band.

I'd say they're moving decidedly in the pop direction, but still nailing those prog notes that anchor their sound. I also love the earnesty and lack of pretense in their bright, optimistic singalong lyrics.

The musicianship remains at an A+ level, and their signature love and passion pours through this effort as usual.

This band started out as a loving imitation of Rush. But they've really grown into something more. YYNOT is decidedly their own band now, and they're one of my absolute favorites in rotation today.

If you haven't heard of them, check them out. And if You're interested, please throw them some jingle and buy this new album!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 8

Pumped that I got my copy of YYNOT's next release yesterday...I'd say they're moving decidedly in the pop direction, but still nailing those prog notes that anchor their sound. I also love the earnesty and lack of pretense in their bright, optimistic singalong lyrics.

The musicianship remains at an A+ level, and their signature love and passion pours through this effort as usual.

Ah excellent, The Synth Era!

• Like 2

Pumped that I got my copy of YYNOT's next release yesterday, signed and numbered 3/1000. I've only given it a few listens so far, but it's a great direction for the band. They continue to develop a unique and independent take from their roots as a Rush tribute band.

I'd say they're moving decidedly in the pop direction, but still nailing those prog notes that anchor their sound. I also love the earnesty and lack of pretense in their bright, optimistic singalong lyrics.

This band started out as a loving imitation of Rush. But they've really grown into something more. YYNOT is decidedly their own band now, and they're one of my absolute favorites in rotation today.

If you haven't heard of them, check them out. And if You're interested, please throw them some jingle and buy this new album!

http://youtu.be/9S9bZhpvKAk

I'm glad that you got yours. I pre-ordered early on. So, now i'm excited that my CD will be comeing at the start of the week. I hope.

• Like 2

They really have become their own band. My son and I saw them down here at the Funky Budda in Boca Raton and stayed for both sets. We met Billy, Tim, Rocky and Mike and they were extremely gracious and super people. While their Rush covers are incredible.....their original music is even better.

I am awaiting my signed copy of the new CD as well. I loved their first two albums as well. Great band, great people.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 3

A super band! I am looking forward to this!
  • Like 3

Pumped that I got my copy of YYNOT's next release yesterday...I'd say they're moving decidedly in the pop direction, but still nailing those prog notes that anchor their sound. I also love the earnesty and lack of pretense in their bright, optimistic singalong lyrics.

Ah excellent, The Synth Era!

They don't actually have much in the way of keys. So it might be more apt to compare them to the Counterparts/Roll the Bones era.

• Like 1

... But they've really grown into something more. YYNOT is decidedly their own band now...

This will only be true when sentences like this no longer need to be uttered (which you did, twice, in your short writeup).

Definitely a band worth checking out. Hopefully they can break free of the confines of their name and musical history to appeal to a wider range of potential fans.

• Like 1

... But they've really grown into something more. YYNOT is decidedly their own band now...

This will only be true when sentences like this no longer need to be uttered (which you did, twice, in your short writeup).

Definitely a band worth checking out. Hopefully they can break free of the confines of their name and musical history to appeal to a wider range of potential fans.

:eyeroll:

• Like 1

I'm glad that you got yours. I pre-ordered early on. So, now i'm excited that my CD will be comeing at the start of the week. I hope.

Ordered.

• Like 3

Ordered.

Ditto ! :-)

• Like 1