• Innuendo (1991)

The Works has been eliminated.

14. Made In Heaven (1995)

13. Hot Space (1982)

12. A Kind Of Magic (1986)

11. The Miracle (1989)

10. Jazz (1978)

9. The Works (1984)

I think Entre_Perpetuo is about to get a little bit angry behind his screen.

I really don't get how The Game is still in. Everything else is pretty much fine by me (I can understand The Miracle is very disliked by many, even though I love it), but The Game shouldn't be up this high. I guess the argument is that side one is just so great side two doesn't need to be any good at all?

The Works has been eliminated.

14. Made In Heaven (1995)

13. Hot Space (1982)

12. A Kind Of Magic (1986)

11. The Miracle (1989)

10. Jazz (1978)

9. The Works (1984)

I think Entre_Perpetuo is about to get a little bit angry behind his screen.

I mean... when I look at it mathmatically, The Works and The Game have a similar "half great, half meh" proportion, but The Works is better structured, intwining the lesser songs with the highlights. The Game just shoves most of the best stuff on side one and all the worst stuff on side 2.

Innuendo should not be going this early. Talk about a return to form, it’s their best album since News Of The World. I guess it gets points knocked off for not being released before 1982.
  • Like 1

Innuendo should not be going this early. Talk about a return to form, it’s their best album since News Of The World. I guess it gets points knocked off for not being released before 1982.

Hot Space is better!

Blasphemer! :bitchslap:

I really don't get how The Game is still in. Everything else is pretty much fine by me (I can understand The Miracle is very disliked by many, even though I love it), but The Game shouldn't be up this high. I guess the argument is that side one is just so great side two doesn't need to be any good at all?

The Game is full of great songs.

• Like 1

The Game is full of great songs.

Well of course it is. It's a Queen album, they all are full of great songs!

It's just those few that aren't so great that pull it down the list for me.

To my mind putting Innuendo aside, is there much to choose between ADATR, NOTW, The Game and Jazz? They all have a similar amount of good and meh tunes. I don't buy The Game having a weak side but that's by the by.

At least Jazz has Dead on Time AND Don't stop me now that lift it's side 2 up to the stratosphere!

I guess maybe the Queen 2 to ANATO run are going to share the top 3 spot? Or maybe ADATR is up there. I don't buy it - I find the album a bit weak if you have anything about you, you should vote accordingly!!! :codger:

And to be honest, it's been a while since I heard the debut so not sure where that is in the grand scheme of things....

• Like 1

To my mind putting Innuendo aside, is there much to choose between ADATR, NOTW, The Game and Jazz? They all have a similar amount of good and meh tunes. I don't buy The Game having a weak side but that's by the by.

At least Jazz has Dead on Time AND Don't stop me now that lift it's side 2 up to the stratosphere!

I guess maybe the Queen 2 to ANATO run are going to share the top 3 spot? Or maybe ADATR is up there. I don't buy it - I find the album a bit weak if you have anything about you, you should vote accordingly!!! :codger:

And to be honest, it's been a while since I heard the debut so not sure where that is in the grand scheme of things....

I totally agree with you , I voted to eliminate ADATR last round and the debut this one.

• Like 1

Innuendo should not be going this early. Talk about a return to form, it’s their best album since News Of The World.

The title track was certainly one of the best things they'd done in a long time, and These Are The Days of Our Lives has one of Brian May's best-crafted solos.
  • Like 2

Innuendo should not be going this early. Talk about a return to form, it’s their best album since News Of The World.

The title track was certainly one of the best things they'd done in a long time, and These Are The Days of Our Lives has one of Brian May's best-crafted solos.

That solo is poetry. A song Roger wrote for Freddie to sing about having a nice last look back at all the beautiful moments in life, then Brian comes in and laments the darkness ahead. Everything about it is perfect.

• Like 1

A Day At The Races is a big grower. While it isn’t quite as unbelievably great as the three before it, it’s clearly a step ahead of everything from Jazz to A Kind Of Magic, maybe even The Miracle. What with possibly Freddie’s most heartbreaking ballad, Queen’s Queeniest prog musical theater freakout, Roger basically inventing Shoegaze, one of Brian’s greatest riffs, perhaps Queen’s heaviest song, Freddie’s favorite song he ever wrote, and even a bilingual song as a tribute to Queen’s adoring fans in Japan. Oh, and also....

Queen’s best production. Full stop. The depth and warmth of the record take nothing away from its punch and power, yet delicately support it’s most fragile sections with grace. Even my beloved ANATO isn’t quite as immaculately produced, and ADATR was the first album Queen ever fully self-produced.

That solo is poetry. A song Roger wrote for Freddie to sing about having a nice last look back at all the beautiful moments in life, then Brian comes in and laments the darkness ahead. Everything about it is perfect.

Well-said.
  • Like 1