Deep Purple: Albums Elimination (Round 1)

_hi_water._

13 members have voted

1. 1. Immune (Pick Up To THREE):

• Shades Of Deep Purple (1968)
    • The Book Of Taliesyn (1968)
    • Deep Purple (1969)
    • Deep Purple In Rock (1970)
    • Fireball (1971)
    • Machine Head (1972)
    • Who Do We Think We Are (1973)
    • Burn (1974)
    • Stormbringer (1974)
    • Come Taste The Band (1975)
    • Perfect Strangers (1984)
    • The House Of Blue Light (1987)
    • Slaves And Masters (1990)
    • The Battle Rages On... (1993)
    • Purpendicular (1996)
    • Abandon (1998)
    • Bananas (2003)
    • Rapture Of The Deep (2005)
    • Now What?! (2013)
    • Infinite (2017)
    • Whoosh! (2020)
  2. 2. Eliminate (Pick Up To THREE):

• Shades Of Deep Purple (1968)
    • The Book Of Taliesyn (1968)
    • Deep Purple (1969)
    • Deep Purple In Rock (1970)
    • Fireball (1971)
    • Machine Head (1972)
    • Who Do We Think We Are (1973)
    • Burn (1974)
    • Stormbringer (1974)
    • Come Taste The Band (1975)
    • Perfect Strangers (1984)
    • The House Of Blue Light (1987)
    • Slaves And Masters (1990)
    • The Battle Rages On... (1993)
    • Purpendicular (1996)
    • Abandon (1998)
    • Bananas (2003)
    • Rapture Of The Deep (2005)
    • Now What?! (2013)
    • Infinite (2017)
    • Whoosh! (2020)

Upcoming eliminations:

Kansas

David Bowie

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Ozzy Osbourne

Suggest more to vote on!

Winners so far:

Beatles - Revolver (1966)

Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality (1971)

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (1973)

Iron Maiden - Powerslave (1984)

Judas Priest - Stained Class (1978)

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)

Rush - Moving Pictures (1981)

Van Halen - Fair Warning (1981)

Yes - Close To The Edge (1972)

Suggest more to vote on!

Triumph, Styx

Good calls

Also , how about ...

Journey

Fleetwood Mac

Toto

Queensrŷche

Kings-X

Fates Warning

Saga

Camel

• Like 1

Upcoming eliminations:

Kansas

David Bowie

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Ozzy Osbourne

Suggest more to vote on!

Winners so far:

Beatles - Revolver (1966)

Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality (1971)

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (1973)

Iron Maiden - Powerslave (1984)

Judas Priest - Stained Class (1978)

Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV (1971)

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (1973)

Rush - Moving Pictures (1981)

Van Halen - Fair Warning (1981)

Yes - Close To The Edge (1972)

The Stones

• Like 1

I hope the recent albums are at least listened to by the voters before they`re dismissed :rage:

I could do that, but that's X hours of my life I'll never get back, when I know this is gonna wind up in the '70s anyway, as it should. They've been a legacy band since the late '80s, as impressive as Steve Morse may have been.

I hope the recent albums are at least listened to by the voters before they`re dismissed :rage:

I could do that, but that's X hours of my life I'll never get back, when I know this is gonna wind up in the '70s anyway, as it should. They've been a legacy band since the late '80s, as impressive as Steve Morse may have been.

Purpendicular and Now What? are different to Blackmore`s time of course, but they are properly great albums. A different band name and they`d be rightly lauded :yes: but no reason why four guys should change due to Richie`s flouncing. They`ve been with Morse for a lot longer than they were with Richie, so if anything the world has got it all wrong :nya nya:
  • Like 3

Purpendicular and Now What? are different to Blackmore`s time of course, but they are properly great albums. A different band name and they`d be rightly lauded :yes: but no reason why four guys should change due to Richie`s flouncing. They`ve been with Morse for a lot longer than they were with Richie, so if anything the world has got it all wrong :nya nya:

I get that, I do, but if they're gonna keep the name, they ought to be judged as _Deep Purple_, and that's a different scale. The time argument is like pointing out Trujillo has been in Metallica longer than Newsted or Burton, but so what? (pun intended!). The latter-day Metallica will be a footnote in a hundred years, and I suspect that will be true of DP, too.

• Like 1

I get that, I do, but if they're gonna keep the name, they ought to be judged as _Deep Purple_, and that's a different scale. The time argument is like pointing out Trujillo has been in Metallica longer than Newsted or Burton, but so what? (pun intended!). The latter-day Metallica will be a footnote in a hundred years, and I suspect that will be true of DP, too.

Then I guess I`ll just have to take control of recording music`s true history, which is a bit of a pain, frankly.
  • Like 1

How many of these polls ever favour the latter part of a band's catalogue? It's usually the early or 1st half of the discography which might be something to the average age of the people who frequent these forums!

Youth of today:- Albums, LPs/cassettes, CDs, heck even DVDs? What are you talking about (old) (wo)man!?!? If it's not the top play on SpottyYouToobCurrentOnlineyPlayerThingy then it aint worth listening too!

(Apologies to all the members 30 and under on this forum from someone a bit older.....)