Led Zeppelin: Albums Elimination (Round 3)

_hi_water._

24 members have voted

1. 1. Immune:

• Led Zeppelin (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin II (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin III (1970)
    • Led Zeppelin IV (1971)
    • Houses Of The Holy (1973)
    • Physical Graffiti (1975)
  2. 2. Eliminate:

• Led Zeppelin (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin II (1969)
    • Led Zeppelin III (1970)
    • Led Zeppelin IV (1971)
    • Houses Of The Holy (1973)
    • Physical Graffiti (1975)

Zep is a band that continued to evolve, and as a result each album is its own experience. For me, voting at this point is like pulling blind out of a hat.
  • Like 2

I'm hoping to see HotH make the top 4. I realize many people rag on it for a couple of songs, but it's like those same people never even remember it has The Rain Song, The Song Remains The Same, Over The Hills And Far Away, No Quarter, and The Ocean!

I've never been as enamored with the debut as many people seem to be. I probably just got to it too late. I already had all of LZII and Zoso in my veins before I heard LZI.

• Like 2

I'm hoping to see HotH make the top 4. I realize many people rag on it for a couple of songs, but it's like those same people never even remember it has The Rain Song, The Song Remains The Same, Over The Hills And Far Away, No Quarter, and The Ocean!

I've never been as enamored with the debut as many people seem to be. I probably just got to it too late. I already had all of LZII and Zoso in my veins before I heard LZI.

The only reason I'm not keeping Zoso is because Black Dog is just way too overplayed. I immediately change the dial when I hear "Hey, hey, mama!" Yes, not Stairway, Black Dog.

• Like 1

The debut would get me vote, too. The full album is little too heavy on the dirgy blues for me, though is track individually is fantastic.

Hats Off To Harper, from Zep III is the weakest remaining track, if not the weakest track in their catalog. Imagine how Hey Hey What Can I Do would have elevated that album's status.

I figured that after Presence and In Through The Out Door would get eliminated, the rest of the game would be very divisive.

Odd, because IMO Presence is one of their best albums.

I am also surprised so many votes are here to send the debut packing.

If PG is knocked off, IV will be my next one to try to send home.

• Like 1

The only reason I'm not keeping Zoso is because Black Dog is just way too overplayed. I immediately change the dial when I hear "Hey, hey, mama!" Yes, not Stairway, Black Dog.

Sound reasoning, lol.
  • Like 1

Hats Off To Harper, from Zep III is the weakest remaining track, if not the weakest track in their catalog. Imagine how Hey Hey What Can I Do would have elevated that album's status.

Nothing for me. Neither of those songs are good.

III is an excellent album as is.

Nothing for me. Neither of those songs are good.

Insightful as always.

Hey Hey... is a radio staple and its inclusion as a b-side made Immigrant Song one of the most sought after 45s.

• Like 1

So hard to eliminate...I picked 1 because I think they got better as the went along (to a point, anyway). I still adore the first record.

And I had no idea people didn't like Houses Of The Holy! To me it is easily their best record.

• Like 1