Albums You've Listened To Today, V.8

Entre_Perpetuo

Megadeth-Peace Sells.....(8/10)

i'm trying to understand how this band is amazing but i keep coming up with.......they're a perfectly good band, lol

NOT a put down.....but i prefer Metallica and testament.

Mick

Have you listened to Anthrax before?

not to much. any recommendations?

Mick

Spreading The Disease, Among The Living and Persistence Of Time. You might like that they are a thrash band with a clean, melodic singer with a good vocal range. Their last album For All Kings is really good too.

I’ll second this, and add State Of Euphoria is a perfectly lovable effort from the New York thrashers as well. I’d say if you’re most inclined towards melody: STD. If you want the darker, proggier, more technical stuff: PoT and somewhat SoE. If you want the most all around satisfying band firing on all cylinders record: AtL.

Yeah, listen to Euphoria as well to get the first classic run with Belladonna on vocals. In case Mick doesn't know, in 1993 Anthrax got a different singer in John Bush from Armored Saint. He was with them through We've Come For You All. Eventually Joey Belladonna returned to the band. Bush's voice is different though. He has a more aggressive style but is still very raw, emotional and melodic.

I have The Sound Of White Noise. It’s good.

• Like 1

Megadeth-Peace Sells.....(8/10)

i'm trying to understand how this band is amazing but i keep coming up with.......they're a perfectly good band, lol

NOT a put down.....but i prefer Metallica and testament.

Mick

Have you listened to Anthrax before?

not to much. any recommendations?

Mick

Spreading The Disease, Among The Living and Persistence Of Time. You might like that they are a thrash band with a clean, melodic singer with a good vocal range. Their last album For All Kings is really good too.

I’ll second this, and add State Of Euphoria is a perfectly lovable effort from the New York thrashers as well. I’d say if you’re most inclined towards melody: STD. If you want the darker, proggier, more technical stuff: PoT and somewhat SoE. If you want the most all around satisfying band firing on all cylinders record: AtL.

Yeah, listen to Euphoria as well to get the first classic run with Belladonna on vocals. In case Mick doesn't know, in 1993 Anthrax got a different singer in John Bush from Armored Saint. He was with them through We've Come For You All. Eventually Joey Belladonna returned to the band. Bush's voice is different though. He has a more aggressive style but is still very raw, emotional and melodic.

I have The Sound Of White Noise. It’s good.

We've Come For You All is the best one with Bush. The three albums after White Noise are more aggressive and heavy. There was a bit of a Pantera influence on their sound. Dimebag even did some guest spots on a few songs.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Iron Maiden Senjutsu (9/10)

i will never get the hate for this one. the only track i WILL give you is Death of the Celts.....yawn.....but the rest.....GIMME.

Mick

Oh lol Death Of The Celts is one of my favorites on it.

• Like 1

i will never get the hate for this one. the only track i WILL give you is Death of the Celts.....yawn.....but the rest.....GIMME.

Mick

Same! (But I'm with Mick, I bloody love this album)

• Like 2

kansas-power.jpg

giuffria-silk-steel.jpg

loudness-lightning-strikes.jpg

queensryche-rage-for-order.jpg

Curious, where would you rank Power in the Kansas discography?

I've got the rankings like this right now:

1. Leftoverture

2. Point of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

6. Vinyl Confessions

7. Power

8. Drastic Measures

9. The Absence of Presence

10. The Prelude Implicit

11. Monolith

12. In the Spirit of Things

13. Audio-Visions

14. Somewhere to Elsewhere

15. Freaks of Nature

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 3

Mick

I mean, I don't dislike the album, lol. Lots of great stuff. I just don't think it comes close to, say, Brave New World. Far better than the other new Maiden album I have though: The Final Frontier.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 1

Mick

I mean, I don't dislike the album, lol. Lots of great stuff. I just don't think it comes close to, say, Brave New World. Far better than the other new Maiden album I have though: The Final Frontier.

shhhhh.....Segue love TFF, lol

but uh......i think it's one of Maiden's duds, lol

so i agree.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I love Senjutsu more than BNW, but maybe not as much as TFF.

Mick

Well we're just totally flip flopped then! lol

• Like 1

Mick

Well we're just totally flip flopped then! lol

Senjutsu's NOT better than BNW so i'm on your side here honestly here i'd rank modern Maidan like this

1. BNW

2. A Matter of Life and Death

3. Senjutsu

4. Book of Souls

5. Dance of Death

6. TFF

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

:yes:
  • Like 1

kansas-power.jpg

giuffria-silk-steel.jpg

1. Leftoverture

2. Point of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

6. Vinyl Confessions

7. Power

8. Drastic Measures

10. The Prelude Implicit

11. Monolith

13. Audio-Visions

15. Freaks of Nature

Interesting, honestly higher than I thought you'd have it by about 1 or 2. I really wasn't sure what you thought about Absence and Prelude.

Here's mine as of right now, I've been enjoying PoKR a lot lately but Leftoverture is still probably the objectively better album.

1. Point of Know Return

2. Leftoverture

3. Song For America

4. Masque

5. The Absence Of Presence

6. The Prelude Implicit

7. Kansas

8. Power

9. Vinyl Confessions

10. Drastic Measures

11. Monolith

12. Freaks Of Nature

13. In The Spirit Of Things

14. Audio-Visions

15. Somewhere To Elsewhere

You can tell I'm a big fan of the last 2 records, there's just something about them that make them special to me. I did want to put Absence over Masque, but I wasn't fully confident in that decision.

Edited by ST3V
  • Like 1

kansas-power.jpg

giuffria-silk-steel.jpg

1. Leftoverture

2. Point of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

6. Vinyl Confessions

7. Power

8. Drastic Measures

10. The Prelude Implicit

11. Monolith

13. Audio-Visions

15. Freaks of Nature

Interesting, honestly higher than I thought you'd have it by about 1 or 2. I really wasn't sure what you thought about Absence and Prelude.

Here's mine as of right now, I've been enjoying PoKR a lot lately but Leftoverture is still probably the objectively better album.

1. Point of Know Return

2. Leftoverture

3. Song For America

4. Masque

6. The Prelude Implicit

7. Kansas

8. Power

9. Vinyl Confessions

10. Drastic Measures

11. Monolith

12. Freaks Of Nature

14. Audio-Visions

You can tell I'm a big fan of the last 2 records, there's just something about them that make them special to me. I did want to put Absence over Masque, but I wasn't fully confident in that decision.

I like the new ones, they're full of proggy goodness and melodic high points, but although I like the vocalist he's no Walsh, or Elefante. And I don't think the songs quite measure up to Livgren era.

kansas-power.jpg

giuffria-silk-steel.jpg

1. Leftoverture

2. Point of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

6. Vinyl Confessions

7. Power

8. Drastic Measures

10. The Prelude Implicit

11. Monolith

13. Audio-Visions

15. Freaks of Nature

1. Point of Know Return

2. Leftoverture

3. Song For America

4. Masque

6. The Prelude Implicit

7. Kansas

8. Power

9. Vinyl Confessions

10. Drastic Measures

11. Monolith

12. Freaks Of Nature

14. Audio-Visions

I like the new ones, they're full of proggy goodness and melodic high points, but although I like the vocalist he's no Walsh, or Elefante. And I don't think the songs quite measure up to Livgren era.

I definitely understand considering you grew up with the Livgren stuff. Personally, the Absence title track is one of my favorite Kansas songs, top 10 for sure maybe even top 5. As someone who heard Prelude and Absence before Masque and Song For America, I guess that could explain a bit more why I like them so much. And it's interesting because I've thought Platt kinda sounds a bit like Walsh and Elefante combined in some ways. Seeing them live really helped to enhance my view on just how strong his voice is, however I never was able to see Walsh or Elefante live either so I can't compare.

• Like 1

kansas-power.jpg

giuffria-silk-steel.jpg

1. Leftoverture

2. Point of Know Return

3. Masque

4. Song For America

5. Kansas

6. Vinyl Confessions

7. Power

8. Drastic Measures

10. The Prelude Implicit

11. Monolith

13. Audio-Visions

15. Freaks of Nature

1. Point of Know Return

2. Leftoverture

3. Song For America

4. Masque

6. The Prelude Implicit

7. Kansas

8. Power

9. Vinyl Confessions

10. Drastic Measures

11. Monolith

12. Freaks Of Nature

14. Audio-Visions

I definitely understand considering you grew up with the Livgren stuff. Personally, the Absence title track is one of my favorite Kansas songs, top 10 for sure maybe even top 5. As someone who heard Prelude and Absence before Masque and Song For America, I guess that could explain a bit more why I like them so much. And it's interesting because I've thought Platt kinda sounds a bit like Walsh and Elefante combined in some ways. Seeing them live really helped to enhance my view on just how strong his voice is, however I never was able to see Walsh or Elefante live either so I can't compare.

They are definitely better I think than Monolith and Audio-Visions, which I always thought were a big drop-off from the first five albums. Especially Audio-Visions which I think suffers from the fact that Livgren and Walsh spent a lot of creative energy on their solo projects that year.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked