GENESIS - PG's last ever show with the band

Have y'all heard this?

What a great recording - imperfect, but great audience reactions and an energetic performance. I always had heard that this performance was a dog, but this boot sounds KILLER to me.

And they Solsbury HIll which is pretty interesting. It sounds great.

• Like 5

The videos people post never load for me on my at-home laptop for whatever reason, so I can't see/hear the recording you're referencing, but is it the "reunion" show they did in '82, or the April '75 show in Paris at the end of the "Lamb" tour?

Actually, seeing that you mention "Solsbury Hill" it's gotta be the '82 show, which I think they did as a kind of fund-raiser for some tour PG had sponsored.

If it's the '82 show, I agree that they sounded pretty good! One of those great "what ifs," I suppose.

The videos people post never load for me on my at-home laptop for whatever reason, so I can't see/hear the recording you're referencing, but is it the "reunion" show they did in '82, or the April '75 show in Paris at the end of the "Lamb" tour?

Actually, seeing that you mention "Solsbury Hill" it's gotta be the '82 show, which I think they did as a kind of fund-raiser for some tour PG had sponsored.

If it's the '82 show, I agree that they sounded pretty good! One of those great "what ifs," I suppose.

Yes - the WOMAD fundraiser in 1982.

Gabriel also plays drums on Turn it on Again. Fun show.

• Like 2

To add -

it's interesting hearing this lineup. It totally could have worked through the 80s. A shame they didn't at least give it a shot in 99.

Would've been great to see, but the massive commercial success they had later in the 80s probably ended any possibility. After that, most of the people buying tickets to see Genesis with Gabriel would be wanting to hear Invisible Touch or Sledgehammer, not Supper's Ready or The Musical Box. And that's without considering how popular Phil's solo career was (I've known people to turn up at a Genesis gig expecting to sing along to Against All Odds etc!)

It's a shame that The Lamb "Broadway" show never came to fruition in the early 2000s. I've read different accounts as to why it didn't happen, some suggesting it was due to Peter, others Tony.

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 1

Have y'all heard this?

What a great recording - imperfect, but great audience reactions and an energetic performance. I always had heard that this performance was a dog, but this boot sounds KILLER to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNTU64UHVI

And they Solsbury HIll which is pretty interesting. It sounds great.

Sounds better than the recording I listened to way back when. Maybe this was a recently discovered source?

• Like 1

My dad was speculating that Peter should come back to make an appearance for this upcoming Genesis tour, because it’ll be their last chance ever.
  • Like 1