THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

4 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

As someone with unexpected knee and back issues, and that's after 50+ years of zero problems in those areas, including walking a mile or two a day, vitamins daily... I can think of quite of a few senior citizens who cannot deal with a walkable neighborhood in any way shape or form.

I would have loved it two or three years ago for sure. That's why I say wait 40 or 50 years to the Millennials and gen Z's,  perception will change when the nerves tell you something different than what they are telling you now

Dude you’re talking to someone with a neuropathy himself. 

Car dependent areas are unwalkable. Walkable areas are still plenty driveable. 

Having three transportation choices is better than one. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Much too young tog. 

18 hours ago, goose said:

Thank a conservative.  :smile:

For conditions creating the need for squatters...thank you!

57 minutes ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

Much too young tog. 

Save the drive by posting for SOCN. 

If what you believe can be backed up by words, use your words. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, That One Guy said:

True but one thing you’re pretty blind about is easy parking for businesses and customers. I love walking. I loathe hard to get street parking, especially in neighborhoods with shitty double parking douchebags. I’ll choose a worse business with easy parking in a lot over a better business with lousy street side parking. 

You can have it all, parking lots, sidewalks, safe crosswalks, businesses close enough together for walking. Still, it’s a big diverse country, one size doesn’t fit all. 

Edited by JohnRogers
Spolling error
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

True but one thing you’re pretty blind about is easy parking for businesses and customers. I love walking. I loathe hard to get street parking, especially in neighborhoods with shitty double parking douchebags. I’ll choose a worse business with easy parking in a lot over a better business with lousy street side parking. 

You can have it all, parking lots, sidewalks, safe crosswalks, businesses close enough together for walking. Still, it’s a big diverse country, one size doesn’t fit all. 

Negatory. People factor it in, because it's the first think car-centric people ask about whenever we're improving areas. The fact is, unless you're literally a big box store, business holds flat or improves when you swap excess parking for multimodal capability.

"Difficult" parking tends to result in transportation mode shifts. If you know that a pub is hard to park at, you'll often get your group to take one car rather than 4. We literally do this on SLC meetups.

More and more places are treading the blessed path, i.e. abolishing parking minimums; letting the business decide how much parking it thinks is appropriate, not some arbitrary table from the 1960's. For every time it works poorly, it works terrifically in several other areas.

Some roads and some parking are of course necessary. But too much is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Hell, I'm hosting a meeting with a traffic engineer today asking him if the huge dual-left-turn lane intersection he's recommending is a self-fulfilling prophecy that will only warrant itself once actually installed and inviting more traffic than otherwise.

Trying to get my ducks in a row, can't get my f***s in a row.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2024 at 6:25 PM, jamie said:

Trying to get my ducks in a row, can't get my f***s in a row.

Getting there.

21 hours ago, BastillePark said:

At what age do random aches and pains with no other explanation become cancer? 

I'm always asking myself this. Living in section 8 housing in Arkansas might lower that age. :sad:

But I'm praying.

My blood work as normal, but I still don't know what I was tested for. Still waiting on the results for the arthritis one though.

57 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Extreme Dishwasher Loading

57 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

junk in the moist box

ancient Greeks loading the dishwasher : r/HistoryMemes

Pedestrian deaths have doubled in the US since 2010, while they have decreased in the civilized world. Why is that? Are foreign peds just smarter than US peds? Or is there a less retarded reason?