THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

7 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

Prior to getting the same email it appears you got I'd never heard of that album but I'll be listening to it later.

It was the final album of the Trevor Rabin era from 1994.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

They can comprehend it just fine. 

In case it wasn't obvious, the above was an example of horrendous zoning and design practices. It's as if someone hated the concept of walking with the utmost passion, and was trying to maximize arbitrary miles driven. Hopefully each restaurant has a valet while they're at it.

If I assembled a team of random mentally challenged individuals and gave them total freedom to design an area without regulation, I'm confident they'd come up with something better.

Edited by That One Guy

There's no such thing as "free parking", there's just parking with the cost baked into the price of what you're there for. And a steep cost it is!

If anyone loves free parking everywhere they go, I 100% don't want to hear them bitch about the reasonable concept of public transit not charging at the point of consumption.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

If you love roads, don't go bitching about road taxes. Any given road you're driving on isn't taxing you hard enough to use it to pay for itself. You're getting subsidized every step of the way.

Edited by That One Guy

Highways are not expected to pull a direct profit

Expecting transit to pull a direct profit is a mental illness

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

In case it wasn't obvious, the above was an example of horrendous zoning and design practices. It's as if someone hated the concept of walking with the utmost passion, and was trying to maximize arbitrary miles driven. Hopefully each restaurant has a valet while they're at it.

If I assembled a team of random mentally challenged individuals and gave them total freedom to design an area without regulation, I'm confident they'd come up with something better.

What was the zoning sin that caused this? 

45 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

What was the zoning sin that caused this? 

Likely minimum lot sizes, huge minimum setbacks, parking minimums, minimum percentage landscaped areas, and possibly all of the above. 

10 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Likely minimum lot sizes, huge minimum setbacks, parking minimums, minimum percentage landscaped areas, and possibly all of the above. 

So, you don’t actually know? Assumptions are being made? 

6 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

So, you don’t actually know? Assumptions are being made? 

I used the word "likely" for a reason. Far from a shot in the dark, but yes, I wasn't physically there so I can't definitely give you the 100% guarantee. This pattern repeats itself throughout the US, which is why you can make the claim that it's [very] likely certain things. 

Join me next time for more lawyerball practice

On 3/27/2024 at 11:34 AM, That One Guy said:

A relatively concise summary. Cars are supposed to just be an option, not the ONLY option. When car dependency is required, we all pay quite dearly for it.

IDK where mr monotone is from but he used a lot of footage from Portland.

All this talk of driving makes me happy I live in a walking-friendly part of town. Suburban sprawl and the strip mall/big box shopping model are a blight

• Like 1

20 hours ago, goose said:

All this talk of driving makes me happy I live in a walking-friendly part of town. Suburban sprawl and the strip mall/big box shopping model are a blight

Goddamn do you and I need to have a beer 

• Haha 1

The relationship struck Sarah’s friends as odd. At one point, Sarah said, “I just want to be with my kids and cook for my man.” “I was like, Who says that?” says a close friend. “I mean, I’ve known her for 30 years. She’s a powerful, decisive, strong woman. We grew up in this very feminist community. That’s not a thing either of us would ever say.”

lol

• Haha 1

how that's still a prevalent line of feminist thinking beats me. kinda retarded how they always find cooking in particular to be offensive. yeah, gee, the horror... 

on the other hand i'm offended that culinary arts always get discarded like this, cooking is as difficult and interesting as you want it to be. It's definitely a few steps above Sarah's friend's office job.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

my cuban gf should move here and start a cuban food truck, i bet it would blow up and be incredibly lucrative. staffing would be difficult though, there are hardly any Cubans in CA.

but here in the marin county - wealthy libtard central - puerto rican food is the craze like you wouldn't believe. feeling cultured / worldly is definitely a key driver for that clientele. in FL no one goes to the cuban restaurants other than the cubans.. but cubans are like half the population of many areas in FL

Edited by Mr. Not

1 hour ago, Mr. Not said:

how that's still a prevalent line of feminist thinking beats me. kinda retarded how they always find cooking in particular to be offensive. yeah, gee, the horror... 

on the other hand i'm offended that culinary arts always get discarded like this, cooking is as difficult and interesting as you want it to be. It's definitely a few steps above Sarah's friend's office job.

After I retired I got to stay home, take care of the kid and cook.  It was awesome.  :smile:

• Like 1