THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

47 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

I haven't seen the forum come together to celebrate an album like this in a while. I don't think it's as good as Painkiller, but I've rarely heard a band 50 years into their career release an album this strong. The Rolling Stones also did it last year with Hackney Diamonds

Usually what I expect out of legacy acts like this is some of the same uninspired crud that Yes or Jethro Tull still release. 

I think it's impressive that they're doing what they do in their 70s, my grandpa is just a very disagreeable person

7 minutes ago, Mr. Not said:

I think it's impressive that they're doing what they do in their 70s, my grandpa is just a very disagreeable person

Even KK was still full of energy in his 70s 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Unless you inherited six figures or are a double-doctor-income household, having kids is quite the luxury expense for late millennials and later.

I feel like the dead last young generation where it was possible to buy a home without inheritance, and it took serious work. I couldn't afford my own home today

Illegals seem to make work. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

That's the primary reason why we won't do it. Don't wanna be tethered in that fashion. Don't want to avoid national parks, or worry if we're gonna go on vacation, or if we feel like spontaneously doing something after work.

I don't need an excuse to leave places early, I just announce I'm leaving. That includes work.

Dogs like high-speed rail, dogs, like national parks, dogs like rides in EV. There are places called boarding, where you can put your dog when it’s inconvenient to travel with them. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Dogs like high-speed rail, dogs, like national parks, dogs like rides in EV. There are places called boarding, where you can put your dog when it’s inconvenient to travel with them. 

It would feel wrong for me to board a dog a cumulative two months every year, so nah. Dogs aren't allowed in most national parks, at least out here. They're not allowed in the cottonwood canyons either.

Edited by That One Guy

16 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

It would feel wrong for me to board a dog a cumulative two months every year, so nah. Dogs aren't allowed in most national parks, at least out here. They're not allowed in the cottonwood canyons either.

Don’t take your dog to Mike Vick’s Dog Gym, Camp Bow Wow on the other hand was loved by Sam. 

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Unless you inherited six figures or are a double-doctor-income household, having kids is quite the luxury expense for late millennials and later.

I feel like the dead last young generation where it was possible to buy a home without inheritance, and it took serious work. I couldn't afford my own home today

So...

When are you having kids?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

There are also options that allow the dog to stay in their own house and someone shows up a few times a day to check on it, feed it, and even take it for walks or let it run in the back yard.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I believe dogs are allowed in national parks but can't get out of a vehicle except in very specific areas. Unless you're just getting out to take a picture and enjoy the view and then on to the next spot, I don't get why you'd take a dog to a national park.

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I think millennial and later society has graduated past that point. I don't widespread expectations of having kids amongst the young anymore. The statement "when are you having kids" seems to have died.

But now it's the expectation of a f***ing dog.

"When are you guys getting a dog?"

"We're not getting a dog ever, shut it, blue hair."

I identify as a cat person! No, that doesn't mean that I think I'm a cat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

the future is uncertain, but i hope that changes.

I want to live in Minneapolis

• Like 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Minneapolis looks pretty sweet.

Weed is finally legal there, and it's all liberal and LGBTQ friendly. Sounds way better than Central AR.

My bestie is paying $1,005 a month for a 1 bed apartment :/ The cheapest you can find a 1 bed in her part of town is like $900 a month. You can maybe get a studio for around $700 a month.

apple and google are performing the worst among the mag-7 and on one hand i'm glad about that because they suck as companies, but on the other hand i'm upset i backed the wrong horse by getting apple instead of microsoft or nvidia (which is booming). tesla and amazon are chill though

a few years ago i felt guilty about using amazon so much since it kills independent american retailers, but now i feel like i'm noble for using it instead of aliexpress.

...but i am also considering starting an aliexpress for certain things

Our lease is up at the end of May, and we need a roommate situation for affordability. We don't know if we want to try very hard to find a roommate in Minneapolis close to my best friend/little sister, or find a roommate in Little Rock or Conway for a few months....

3 minutes ago, jamie said:

My bestie is paying $1,005 a month for a 1 bed apartment :/ The cheapest you can find a 1 bed in her part of town is like $900 a month. You can maybe get a studio for around $700 a month.

1.5k per month for a studio here, some other minor expenses in addition to that. this is considered "a steal" here :shakehead:

Jacksonville has no jobs or walkability to offer, so we need to gtfo. All the work is in other cities nearby, especially Little Rock, but I don't really want to live in Little Rock.