THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

2 hours ago, GabesCavesOfIce said:

It's not that the comments tend to be "batshit" as you say its they all drool over him and climb over each other to compliment him.

Yeah, the Tick Tok thread says you’re wrong again. 

10 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Yeah, the Tick Tok thread says you’re wrong again. 

DJT will be the best dictator America ever had. 

Asked my grandpa if he listened to the new Judas Priest album; mentioned that i was reading a lot of people claiming it was "one of their best", and "especially impressive considering they're all in their 70s"

He laughed and said it was "nowhere near their best work", and that the band has been steadily downhill ever since the lead singer came out of the closet. 

• Haha 2

i checked out the title track and thought it was cool, i'm not a big JP fan but I enjoy some of their earlier live albums. between melodic/prog and death/technical metal I really can't stand to listen to more rudimentary metal - not even iron maiden. not my generation at all. the best music from olden times is the stuff which can't be improved upon or replicated, e.g. 70s genesis, the beach boys, 80s king crimson - you get what i'm saying.

But sir, him's my emotional support classic rocker.  :wub:

(Yeah, this is about Tom Petty again.)

7 hours ago, Celystial said:

Same. I'm agender and don't want kids so I have no need of it.

I felt that, im gender nonconforming myself and I don’t like how i’m expected to want to be a mother. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Celystial said:

Same. I'm agender and don't want kids so I have no need of it.

13 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

Hell yeah, new guy!

8 hours ago, jamie said:

I felt that, im gender nonconforming myself and I don’t like how i’m expected to want to be a mother. 

I’m a man, a macho man, a late 70s disco era macho man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

Asked my grandpa if he listened to the new Judas Priest album; mentioned that i was reading a lot of people claiming it was "one of their best", and "especially impressive considering they're all in their 70s"

He laughed and said it was "nowhere near their best work", and that the band has been steadily downhill ever since the lead singer came out of the closet. 

I haven't seen the forum come together to celebrate an album like this in a while. I don't think it's as good as Painkiller, but I've rarely heard a band 50 years into their career release an album this strong. The Rolling Stones also did it last year with Hackney Diamonds

Usually what I expect out of legacy acts like this is some of the same uninspired crud that Yes or Jethro Tull still release. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BastillePark said:

Tradwife values

shh, saying "tradwife" is practically an invitation for suicidal incels to come crawling out of the woodwork

8 hours ago, jamie said:

I think millennial and later society has graduated past that point. I don't widespread expectations of having kids amongst the young anymore. The statement "when are you having kids" seems to have died.

But now it's the expectation of a f***ing dog.

"When are you guys getting a dog?"

"We're not getting a dog ever, shut it, blue hair."

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It can also get you home early "gotta go let the dog out". 

But it can also limit you for the same reason

They are toddlers you don’t need to buy diapers for and child protective services can’t take away from you. 

23 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Having a dog is a good time.

So is having kids, so I hear. Doesn't influence me to want one, but just good to hear.

23 minutes ago, Union 5-3992 said:

It can also get you home early "gotta go let the dog out". 

But it can also limit you for the same reason

That's the primary reason why we won't do it. Don't wanna be tethered in that fashion. Don't want to avoid national parks, or worry if we're gonna go on vacation, or if we feel like spontaneously doing something after work.

I don't need an excuse to leave places early, I just announce I'm leaving. That includes work.

Just now, Union 5-3992 said:

At least having a dog isn't nearly as expensive as having kids.

Unless you inherited six figures or are a double-doctor-income household, having kids is quite the luxury expense for late millennials and later.

I feel like the dead last young generation where it was possible to buy a home without inheritance, and it took serious work. I couldn't afford my own home today