THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

On 9/28/2023 at 7:37 PM, Mr. Not said:

looks like Queers of the Stone Age have replaced "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" with "Sick Sick Sick" in their set for this second half of their US tour, so i'll prob be getting to see them play that one live which will be sick. I do like Lost Art a lot too though.

Still haven't listened to their newest album too much but it's pretty good, kind of mid by their standards though 

got my ticket today, 130$. 

worth it since QOTSA has been my go-to band for a year now

also they're playing in a good part of SF and a high class venue, my car will be safe. 

• Like 1

Fans of Wilson’s older solo records should be very happy with this release. There’s a heavy use of instrumental jazz arrangements as used in older tracks such as Luminol, Ancestral, Don’t Hate me and Sky Moves Sideways, but with more of a focus on electronic hip hop style arrangements. 

sold (well spotify'd)

21 hours ago, Mr. Not said:

got my ticket today, 130$. 

worth it since QOTSA has been my go-to band for a year now

also they're playing in a good part of SF and a high class venue, my car will be safe. 

Yeesh that's a bit steep. I paid a little more than that to bring my SO to see them too. Worth it at that price really. It's up there as my favorite show this year with the Les Claypool band 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Union 5-3992 said:

Yeesh that's a bit steep. I paid a little more than that to bring my SO to see them too. Worth it at that price really. It's up there as my favorite show this year with the Les Claypool band 

yeah, California and all that.. it's a long set with a great variety, so to me it's definitely worth it, plus i never have gone to many concerts. my co-worker treated me to alice cooper recently though and that was awesome, he performs very well for a 75 year old man. with the way he's going i bet he'll die for real on stage one day, it doesnt seem like he ever wants to retire.

i have two more days to listen to the newest album again btw, i'm slacking.

i've been watching their VODs from this tour quite a bit and they're far from being "has beens" (can't be if you never was), but i have to admit i do wish i was old enough to had seen them during these earlier eras:

On 10/3/2023 at 7:40 PM, Mr. Not said:

i've been watching their VODs from this tour quite a bit and they're far from being "has beens" (can't be if you never was), but i have to admit i do wish i was old enough to had seen them during these earlier eras:

candidate for best live band of 21st century

On 9/28/2023 at 10:37 PM, Mr. Not said:

looks like Queers of the Stone Age have replaced "The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" with "Sick Sick Sick" in their set for this second half of their US tour, so i'll prob be getting to see them play that one live which will be sick. I do like Lost Art a lot too though.

Still haven't listened to their newest album too much but it's pretty good, kind of mid by their standards though 

would be even better with a hologram of Julian to sing his parts!

• Like 1