THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.25

That One Guy

10 members have voted

1. 1. When did TRF chatroom get taken down?

• May 1st
    • "This year"

"Yes. I'm remembering something now. I remember before this whole story got started. Back then I was... Uhm... I was different. I used to make big decisions. I was passionate, I was skeptical.  I weighed each decision with profound thoughtfulness and then, somewhere along the way I stopped making decisions. I became lazy, and I came up with... Well... I came up with a character named Stanley to do my thinking for me. He would make the decisions, he would decide which way to go. I would cheer him on as he collected figurines for no reason.

Why did I invent Stanley? Was I lonely?

Yes, perhaps that's it. Perhaps I needed to imagine I had companionship and Stanley really did make for a wonderful companion, even if he was a fiction. But I suppose it's grown old, I... I want to think for myself again. I want to go back to how it used to be. Yes, I can be on my own again, I can do it. I'll be stronger this time, I'll take care of myself. I don't need Stanley any more. Oh... But he truly was so much fun to play with. You know what? Since we're in the Memory Zone, how about one more good memory? Let's go back just once, and give Stanley one more run of the office and then I'll retire him for good, I did enjoy telling his story, so very much. Okay, here we go...

This is the story of a man named Stanley."

• Like 1

Friends got divorced and had to sell their home

and that means they had to give up that sweet, sweet 3.0%ish interest rate that every privileged person got or refinanced into

sucks!!

crazy how youtube removed the feature of being able to sort by oldest videos, which was definitely unintentional and not a pre-determined decision and all the quality of life stuff on every platform will definitely not be gradually removed until no one remembers anything

Both our new cars are slated to arrive the same week in mid-april.

Interesting coincidence since one was ordered in early October and the other was ordered in late January

For a fleeting moment we're gonna have five goddamned cars and a cumulative 14.3 liters of displacement in the driveway

15 hours ago, That One Guy said:

And another week will be spent in JR's favorite state, California!

I'm heading out to Florida in nine days! I'll also reunite with my ZR1 long enough to drive it to the consignment shop.

On 3/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, That One Guy said:

Financing 20k now costs more than financing 40k did a year ago!

But we're bailing out bit coin billionaires, lol