Should We End The Twice-Yearly Clock Change?

GeddysMullet

How do you feel about changing the clock twice a year?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to stop having to change the clock twice a year?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care one way or the other
  2. 2. If the twice-yearly clock change was abolished, which time should we permanently adopt?

• Standard Time (current winter) - More light in the morning
    • Daylight Savings Time (current summer) - More light in the evening
    • Split the difference, change the clocks by 30 minutes and make that the permanent standard
    • I like changing the clock, leave it alone
  3. 3. How disruptive do you find changing the clock to be?

• Extremely
    • Moderately
    • Mildly
    • Haven't noticed
    • I told you already, I like changing the clock. Go away!

I work 4 am to 1230 pm, Monday-Friday, so it's always dark when I go to work and always light when I go home.

I have it made. :D

I'm mostly retired so don't go to work. Do I have it made too?

(OK that wasn't very nice, I admit it)

• Like 1

I wish we would just pick one and go with it. It bothers my sleep a lot when things change. Winter is not pleasant for me either way; I am one of those people that get insomnia and depression from the low amount of light. I just had a light box delivered today that my Dr. recommended. 20 minutes in the am is supposed to help. We will see! :LOL:

Let us know how that turns out for you svp!

• Like 1

I work 4 am to 1230 pm, Monday-Friday, so it's always dark when I go to work and always light when I go home.

If you're mostly retired, you have it made, no matter what colour the sky is!

Nope, you gotta be 100% retired. It's all or nothing! :P

For me it's not the changes, it's the length of them. Second Sunday in March to the end of October? Enough already. Holding off on the vote, but I'm sure I'm not going to like seeing it dark by 5:30 or 6 local time.

Nope, you gotta be 100% retired. It's all or nothing! :P

:( :| fists%20crying.gif

No changes, keep standard time, mildly perturbed. I always was a morning person, even more so now that I'm retired. I like the daylight in the early morning.
  • Like 1

Whatever one gives us more light in the morning. Otherwise during the summer the sun doesn't set until after 9pm around here. Who needs it to be light out at that time anyways?

I like that it's longer since 2006. Before that change to March forward started in early April and fall was a week earlier on the last Sunday of October.

No changes, keep standard time, mildly perturbed. I always was a morning person, even more so now that I'm retired. I like the daylight in the early morning.

I've been waking up earlier lately which explains the recent change since I no longer rely on alarms during COVID. It will get shorter as winter comes sooner.

One or the other is fine by me. I can adjust my schedule around the light rather than a clock (I do anyway, as do businesses with winter hours). CHanging the time to pretend that the sun is now rising or setting an hour early or later just seems dumb.

full-1274-140968-dst.jpg

Some memes are so on point.

• Like 2

Being a veteran, the time change has never bothered me as I have that "sleep where you can, when you can" reflex. I am for splitting the difference, tho.