• Counterparts
    • Test For Echo
    • Vapor Trails
    • Feedback
    • Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels
    • None! Rush doesn't make bad albums!

RTB......utter, utter shite.

And here was I thinking you were a big fan of the Roll the Bones "rap"...

“Fridge, relax! Get busy with the crap”

The rap becomes more and more shite over the years.

I blame Rupert Hine for allowing them to do that. If I'd have been the producer I'd have said, "you're not doing that on one of my records."

As producer I would’ve said, “Boys, I know you’re just takin’ the piss with this rap but it’s got to go.”

I can imagine Fridge dancing to it right after he called the album a pile of crap, and really humping the stereo like a misguided RUSH Casanova, that's right Fridge wants to f**k the Roll the Bones rap!

• Like 1

I blame Rupert Hine for allowing them to do that. If I'd have been the producer I'd have said, "you're not doing that on one of my records."

As producer I would’ve said, “Boys, I know you’re just takin’ the piss with this rap but it’s got to go.”

I can imagine Fridge dancing to it right after he called the album a pile of crap, and really humping the stereo like a misguided RUSH Casanova, that's right Fridge wants to f**k the Roll the Bones rap!

You move around

The small gets big

• Like 1

You move around

The small gets big

Even the lyrics fit the scenario!

You move around

The small gets big

Even the lyrics fit the scenario!

Well, you can stake that claim

• Like 1

Presto

HYF is a mixed bag but Presto is full on adult contemporary production of it's era.

less keys was a vast improvement, imo. HYF is a Casio nightmare
  • Like 2

If by f***ing it you mean ramming a sawn -off shotgun up it's fetid, putrescent arsehole and squeezing the trigger as hard as I can then you would be quite correct....

• Like 2

I wish I could say 'Rush doesn't make bad albums' - but I can't.

I see that I'm the only vote [so far] for 'Power Windows' - but, to answer to poll's question, it is the 1st album where I thought, 'Nope this is too much' (that's the sanitised version!)

'Big Money' and 'Manhattan Project' I can tolerate, but the rest is traumatic! (agaIn... sanitised!)

HYF is a close 2nd, btw!!

;) G

• Like 1

If by f***ing it you mean ramming a sawn -off shotgun up it's fetid, putrescent arsehole and squeezing the trigger as hard as I can then you would be quite correct....

:bang bang: :16ton:

:eyeroll: My but you do have a flare for the melodramatic, don't you?

Edited by Alien Girl

I think the flare he might have in mind is one that sets fire to the place!

flare_gun_3d_model_fbx_obj_max_4af3d031-0d1a-4562-ad61-c7e2c6e9e95e.png

I think the flare he might have in mind is one that sets fire to the place!

flare_gun_3d_model_fbx_obj_max_4af3d031-0d1a-4562-ad61-c7e2c6e9e95e.png

Pffffffttt... yeah, I think that much is obvious.

If you knew me in person you would know that is most certainly not the case...

He's more of a dour understated curmudgeon. :hail:

• Like 1

Since there's been some shade thrown at HYF, imma just go off and show my version of Hold Your Fire:

A1 - Force Ten

A2 - Time Stand Still

A3 - Open Secrets

A4 - Prime Mover

B1 - Lock And Key

B2 - Mission

B3 - Turn The Page

B4 - High Water

• Like 1

There's nothing mellow about Fridge! :LOL:

There's nothing mellow about Fridge! :LOL:

mellow-dramatic......I like it!

• Like 1

So kind of like this then? :codger:

(I hope you know I'm just teasing you, Fridge...there are a few Rush songs that get my ire up...I've myself have been know to have a flare for the melodramatic regarding them. Just ask Goose ;) )

• Like 1

(I hope you know I'm just teasing you, Fridge...there are a few Rush songs that get my ire up...I've myself have been know to have a flare for the melodramatic regarding them. Just ask Goose ;) )

Here’s Fridge with a shotgun dealing with Powers Boothe and David Carradine’s kid brother:

http://youtu.be/f0CSZxcmXfY

So yeah, he probably won’t shoot you...but he would if it came to it.

If you’re wondering what happened to one of his arms - he had a couple of mosquito bites on it one night that really irritated him so he sawed it off with the rustiest blade he could find. Melli/mellow-drama and all.

• Like 2

Here’s Fridge with a shotgun dealing with Powers Boothe and David Carradine’s kid brother:

http://youtu.be/f0CSZxcmXfY

So yeah, he probably won’t shoot you...but he would if it came to it.

If you’re wondering what happened to one of his arms - he had a couple of mosquito bites on it one night that really irritated him so he sawed it off with the rustiest blade he could find. Melli/mellow-drama and all.

*Slowly backing away to the hillside just beyond shooting distance...*

His name is Keith...the Carradine that is...

JB & treeduck: "What?!"

*Comes a little closer..*

I said...His name is KEITH!! KEITH CARRADINE!!! Fine, Fridge can dislike Roll the Bones!

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 3

Since there's been some shade thrown at HYF, imma just go off and show my version of Hold Your Fire:

A1 - Force Ten

A2 - Time Stand Still

A3 - Open Secrets

A4 - Prime Mover

B1 - Lock And Key

B2 - Mission

B3 - Turn The Page

B4 - High Water

Still weak. Less weak. But still.

• Like 1

A1 - Force Ten

A2 - Time Stand Still

A3 - Open Secrets

A4 - Prime Mover

B1 - Lock And Key

B2 - Mission

B3 - Turn The Page

B4 - High Water

which songs would you take away tho?

A1 - Force Ten

A2 - Time Stand Still

A3 - Open Secrets

A4 - Prime Mover

B1 - Lock And Key

B2 - Mission

B3 - Turn The Page

B4 - High Water

Trade Mission and a song off of Presto to be named later to Dan Fogelberg for My Auld Lang Syne.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

Every album has some great songs on it. If I’m comparing Rush to other bands, they don’t have a bad album. If I’m comparing albums to the rest of the catalog, Caress of Steel and HYF are harder to listen to.
  • Like 1

A1 - Force Ten

A2 - Time Stand Still

A3 - Open Secrets

A4 - Prime Mover

B1 - Lock And Key

B2 - Mission

B3 - Turn The Page

B4 - High Water

Open Secrets and High Water (no offense!). Lock and Key is another I could probably live without. I dunno, really; something about the production, the keyboard layers, the "lushness" of it -- it's a Rush album, right, so I'd still rather listen to it on repeat than anything in Beyonce's discography, but it's way down the list for Rush Albums.