The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

An exciting night in Madrid today. We'll see what the tactics of Real will be. Space will be hard to find for Atalanta, but it's interesting to see if their man-to-man marking will be successfull against Real's attacks and if the Bergamo team will be able to score more than once. Will be a tough game for La Dea.

With Freuler suspended, the midfield of Atalanta is missing one big player.

I hope Djimsiti is fine and can give a great performance - both in defense and in supporting attacks.

Forza Atalanta!

Edited by Sun & Moon

Ouch. Sorry 'bout that, IbanezJem. I was hoping Spurs would put it to Arseanal, but they went all Spursy.

I don't know why any team would approach their hated enemy in such a diffident mood. One man, or in the words of that one, eleven men have a lot to explain.
  • Like 1

An exciting night in Madrid today. We'll see what the tactics of Real will be. Space will be hard to find for Atalanta, but it's interesting to see if their man-to-man marking will be successfull against Real's attacks and if the Bergamo team will be able to score more than once. Will be a tough game for La Dea.

I hope Djimsiti is fine and can give a great performance - both in defense and in supporting attacks.

Forza Atalanta!

That Real second was locked in from the moment of the interception at the halfway line. They have little else going for them these days, but they are ruthless.

Forza Atalanta!

That Real second was locked in from the moment of the interception at the halfway line. They have little else going for them these days, but they are ruthless.

Yes, Real was tougher and more balanced in a way. Atalanta's vibe was unfortunately pretty much killed after that penalty. And it was certainly not Marco Sportiello's evening, though the problems in defense lied deeper.

Edited by Sun & Moon

Forza Atalanta!

Yes, Real was tougher and more balanced in a way. Atalanta's vibe was unfortunately pretty much killed after that penalty. And it was certainly not Marco Sportiello's evening, though the problems in defense lied deeper.

I thought maybe there was a question if that foul took place outside the box, but scoring two goal would've been a stretch for Atalanta anyway.

No soccer for me all week ....... horses much more important this week!!!!!

Got your fancy hat all picked out?

Lucky knickers & socks!!!!!
  • Like 1

Any tips for the remaining week? So I can either a) Calculate what I would have won if I committed financially, or b) Curse the moment I first heard the name Zepphead?
  • Like 2

Any tips for the remaining week? So I can either a) Calculate what I would have won if I committed financially, or b) Curse the moment I first heard the name Zepphead?

The real big hitters raced today - Monkfish delivered, Chacun Pour Soi failed. I suppose tomorrow Envoi Allen and Paisley Park are the big hitters but short prices,

I have a double rolling on to Envoi Allen so hopeful.

The real big hitters raced today - Monkfish delivered, Chacun Pour Soi failed. I suppose tomorrow Envoi Allen and Paisley Park are the big hitters but short prices,

I have a double rolling on to Envoi Allen so hopeful.

But of course the modern horses are such sissies. They wouldn't be able to cut it with the Polish Hussars. :beathorse:
  • Like 1

:facepalm:

Oh. I'm so, so sorry. No words, mate.

Mourinho in the hot seat?

Now that was Spursy!! I do struggle sometimes with it all being the fault of the manager. Can he really pluck the heart and soul and basic professionalism from the each squad member? Was every player on the pitch stunned rigid that Zagreb might have a go? As a Glaswegian alcoholic once noted, "Lads, it`s Tottenham".

I know, Dinamo needs to work on their celebration song. :guitar: :codger: :guitar:

I switched over to the Rangers game just before the denouement. Just in time to watch Kemar Roofe get revenge on Harald Schumacher attack the innocent Slavia keeper.

Oh, now Rangers are trying to win with 9 men. Interesting. They`ve taken the "passion" angle, generally considered a better way to exit any competition.

C`mon, Milan. Give me something tonight, even if it`s just Zlatan karate-kicking Ed Woodward.

Edited by IbanezJem

I know, Dinamo needs to work on their celebration song. :guitar: :codger: :guitar:

I switched over to the Rangers game just before the denouement. Just in time to watch Kemar Roofe get revenge on Harald Schumacher attack the innocent Slavia keeper.

Oh, now Rangers are trying to win with 9 men. Interesting. They`ve taken the "passion" angle, generally considered a better way to exit any competition.

C`mon, Milan. Give me something tonight, even if it`s just Zlatan karate-kicking Ed Woodward.

Pogba with the last nail in the coffin. Kudela will not be pleased with that, no doubt. ;)

Pogba with the last nail in the coffin. Kudela will not be pleased with that, no doubt. ;)

That was a sorry Thursday evening. Luckily I can now go outside and listen to owls and Sasquatch-soundalike animals in my private woods, gaze at the stars, and put it all in perspective.

Or can I?

• Like 1

That was a sorry Thursday evening. Luckily I can now go outside and listen to owls and Sasquatch-soundalike animals in my private woods, gaze at the stars, and put it all in perspective.

Or can I?

What a poor night in the football .... thankfully all my focus this week is on the horses and a personal challenge to drink as much beer as possible whilst watching!! So far making a few quid!!!
  • Like 1

Or can I?

What a poor night in the football .... thankfully all my focus this week is on the horses and a personal challenge to drink as much beer as possible whilst watching!! So far making a few quid!!!

You remind me of a young me :codger:
  • Like 1

Or can I?

That's the problem ...... I think I still am bloody young lol!!!!
  • Like 1

Or can I?

That's the problem ...... I think I still am bloody young lol!!!!

Now it is about an early night and prudent investments for me :sigh: Although if I come into real money at any point, I can see how I might unravel horribly ;)
  • Like 1

Now it is about an early night and prudent investments for me :sigh: Although if I come into real money at any point, I can see how I might unravel horribly ;)

May the good Laird preserve you from the curse of wealth, then!

• Like 1

Champions League QF draws are favourable to the English clubs, IMO.

Chelsea vs Porto, Liverpool vs Real, City vs Dortmund - Porto have 1/8 of the wage bill of Chelsea. I don`t fancy modern Real much, even in this competition, as Liverpool seem stronger in Europe than domestically. Haaland aside, City should be the stronger team unless Pep implements one of those formations he sketched whilst in a fever dream.

PSG vs Bayern removes one of the favourites. Poch may struggle to match the quality of Bayern and Mbappe and Neymar, if fit, will probably not be enough. I would be happy for Poch to win it, of course.

• Like 1