The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

A crazy evening in the UCL... What a game for Porto! Juve is out. / Håland & VAR in the highlights.

I know everybody wants to play at prime-time, but after these two great games, maybe they should draw lots and the loser has to start early in the night.

Agree. No point in two top matches at prime time.

I`m pretty happy to have two matches at 8pm. I tend to watch one on TV and one on my laptop. Tomorrow`s better with the game at 6pm and 8pm, and still plenty of evening left to watch a bad film :fuckinputer:

I kept switching between the games on pay-tv on my laptop. Ideally I'd like to immerse myself in one game at a time to get the most out of the dynamics and tactics.

If a film is bad enough, there's always time for it.

• Like 2

Bale, you're on TV. Put your mask on! :tsk:

A crazy evening in the UCL... What a game for Porto! Juve is out. / Håland & VAR in the highlights.

I know everybody wants to play at prime-time, but after these two great games, maybe they should draw lots and the loser has to start early in the night.

I`m pretty happy to have two matches at 8pm. I tend to watch one on TV and one on my laptop. Tomorrow`s better with the game at 6pm and 8pm, and still plenty of evening left to watch a bad film :fuckinputer:

I kept switching between the games on pay-tv on my laptop. Ideally I'd like to immerse myself in one game at a time to get the most out of the dynamics and tactics.

Milan were better than expected, right? I`m concerned that the same thing is true of Dinamo Zagreb :popcorn:
  • Like 1

Milan were better than expected, right? I`m concerned that the same thing is true of Dinamo Zagreb :popcorn:

I didn't see the Europa League match today, but what makes me smile is that the former Atalanta player Amad Diallo scored.

• Like 1

I didn't see the Europa League match today, but what makes me smile is that the former Atalanta player Amad Diallo scored.

You got everything you wanted then ;)

Including not seeing Maguire's attempt. ;)

That was awesome. I wonder what you get for £81 million?

Not quite... :sigh:

That WAS a blunder. :facepalm:

Good result for Spurs.
  • Like 1

Good result for Spurs.

Yes, it`ll do. As your club will testify, it`s the crunch time of the season so try and get a win, but try even harder not to get injuries... :hockeygoon:
  • Like 2

For Simon, latest score - Inverness 0 Raith Rovers 0 :macallan: This time Inverness must be well satisfied with their point.

Back in the early 80s, Dundee United were my favoured Scottish team. I`m not sure who I should adopt now. Any thoughts?
  • Like 1

For Simon, latest score - Inverness 0 Raith Rovers 0 :macallan: This time Inverness must be well satisfied with their point.

Back in the early 80s, Dundee United were my favoured Scottish team. I`m not sure who I should adopt now. Any thoughts?

I was baptised a Catholic and Wisla eliminated Celtic in the 1976-77 UEFA Cup ( 2-0 and 2-2 ) and they started out with the same stripes as Cracovia, so I would recommend them.
  • Like 1

I was baptised a Catholic and Wisla eliminated Celtic in the 1976-77 UEFA Cup ( 2-0 and 2-2 ) and they started out with the same stripes as Cracovia, so I would recommend them.

What, and make enemies straight away with half of the country? :tsk: Don`t want to be accused of glory hunting with either Glasgow club. I think I`ll play it safe and support Edinburgh City. That awesome place is one of the reasons I wanted to come to the country, after all.
  • Like 1

What, and make enemies straight away with half of the country? :tsk: Don`t want to be accused of glory hunting with either Glasgow club. I think I`ll play it safe and support Edinburgh City. That awesome place is one of the reasons I wanted to come to the country, after all.

Should be an easy win against Albion Rovers today. :cool:
  • Like 1

Supporting a club that has all their games postponed takes a lot of the stress out of it :sundog:
  • Like 1

Supporting a club that has all their games postponed takes a lot of the stress out of it :sundog:

And it gives you more time to spend at the pub. :ebert:
  • Like 1

And it gives you more time to spend at the pub. :ebert:

They`ll be open in a few months, but the walk home from my nearest - two miles through utter black and windy roads - you`d need a few snifters to fortify yourself :zalice: