Fun 70's Songs

Lorraine

I apologize for my random rant on your cool 70's thread.

Probably just being dumb and look for some advice Lorraine.

It's all good my friend.

Not sure it's on here yet but I'm thinking of Terry Jacks. "Seasons In The Sun."

Love you "L!"

I'm good!!

Still searching for love even during Covid.

I have a date tomorrow night. Outdoor dining. She's cute, intellectual and fun!

No need to apologize, Earl.

What happened to Carly? Fizzle out, or did she turn out to be a dud in person? :popcorn:

• Like 1

Not sure it's on here yet but I'm thinking of Terry Jacks. "Seasons In The Sun"

Nothing says fun like a dying man's farewell! :P

Some trivia:

In a Songfacts interview with Terry Jacks, he said that after his version was released, he had dinner in Brussels with Jacques Brel [the original author], who told him about writing the song. "It was about an old man who was dying of a broken heart because his best friend was screwing his wife," Jacks said. "He wrote this in a whorehouse in Tangiers, and the words were quite different. The song originally he used to do on stage and it was in a march form, like, 'Bom ba DUM, bom ba DUM.' Quite a different thing. This old man was dying of a broken heart and he was saying goodbye to his priest and his best friend and his wife, who cheated on him. Her name was Francoise, and it went, 'Adieu, Francoise, my trusted wife, without you I'd have had a lonely life. You cheated lots of times but then I forgave you in the end, though your lover was my friend.'"

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

The seventies' songs were in a class all by themselves. It really was a fun decade.

:dweez:

I was never a disco fan .... but by heck! ... when you look back at some of these '70s dance songs, they are pure magic!
  • Like 1