treeduck

Holy shet, Michigan is almost at 75,000 deaths from covid

From or with?

Here's a link to the CDC with info describing the comorbidities for deaths that have been listed as COVID deaths (confirmed or presumed).

https://www.cdc.gov/...m#Comorbidities

Something else interesting pops up in this link. The CDC advises that because of differences in reporting methods, "Death counts should not be compared across states." If comparisons among states within the same country are invalid, how valid would that make the comparisons being made among different nations altogether?

I certainly hope you aren't implying that we can't trust the numbers coming out of China.

You don't need to travel nearly that far. :)

I see the press still hasn't shifted out of alarmist mode. Another record!!!!!

:eyeroll:

In your opinion, at what point does a newspaper, country, whatever become “alarmist”?

When the tone is absurdly hysterical and intended to spread fear rather than information.

"We need a national mask mandate!!!!"

No, we don't. Governors are quite capable of issuing COVID restrictions and are in fact empowered to do so by law.

• Like 2

From or with?

Here's a link to the CDC with info describing the comorbidities for deaths that have been listed as COVID deaths (confirmed or presumed).

Something else interesting pops up in this link. The CDC advises that because of differences in reporting methods, "Death counts should not be compared across states." If comparisons among states within the same country are invalid, how valid would that make the comparisons being made among different nations altogether?

I certainly hope you aren't implying that we can't trust the numbers coming out of China.

In your opinion, at what point does a newspaper, country, whatever become “alarmist”?

When the tone is absurdly hysterical and intended to spread fear rather than information.

No, we don't. Governors are quite capable of issuing COVID restrictions and are in fact empowered to do so by law.

I don’t disagree with no national mask mandate. There’s not one here because nearly everyone automatically puts one on. If you don’t then you end up looking like a dick. And sticking out like a sore thumb here isn’t something people generally do. But in the states, how do you get people to wear masks when they need to? Have people been following covid restrictions there? From what I hear from family and friends there, it seems to be “yeah pretty much” or “it’s patchy”.

I did a TRF poll about 6 months ago and the people wearing masks group was at 50% give or take 2% (can’t remember exactly).

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

From or with?

I don’t disagree with no national mask mandate. There’s not one here because nearly everyone automatically puts one on. If you don’t then you end up looking like a dick. And sticking out like a sore thumb here isn’t something people generally do. But in the states, how do you get people to wear masks when they need to? Have people been following covid restrictions there? From what I hear from family and friends there, it seems to be “yeah pretty much” or “it’s patchy”.

I did a TRF poll about 6 months ago and the people wearing masks group was at 50% give or take 2% (can’t remember exactly).

Around here you would get kicked out of most public places if you don't have a mask on. You can't board a bus unless your face is covered. I haven't seen anyone walking around a store without one since everything went to shit back in March. I would say from what I have seen there is almost one hundred percent compliance with wearing a mask in public places.

But the covid numbers have shot up in my county over the last few weeks. The positivity rate has been something in the four to eight percent range for the last week or so. Obviously people are still getting together and not doing what they're supposed to do in order to stay safe. My guess is Halloween parties and people getting out to vote on election day is the reason for the recent spikes.

From or with?

Around here you would get kicked out of most public places if you don't have a mask on. You can't board a bus unless your face is covered. I haven't seen anyone walking around a store without one since everything went to shit back in March. I would say from what I have seen there is almost one hundred percent compliance with wearing a mask in public places.

But the covid numbers have shot up in my county over the last few weeks. The positivity rate has been something in the four to eight percent range for the last week or so. Obviously people are still getting together and not doing what they're supposed to do in order to stay safe. My guess is Halloween parties and people getting out to vote on election day is the reason for the recent spikes.

What about wearing a SPIDEY mask??

Pittsburgh_Comicon_2007_woman_dressed_as_Spider-Girl.jpg

• Like 1

From or with?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Pittsburgh_Comicon_2007_woman_dressed_as_Spider-Girl.jpg

The most important thing there is that she isn’t slim enough to pull off being Spidey’s daughter - Spider-Girl

• Like 1

From or with?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Pittsburgh_Comicon_2007_woman_dressed_as_Spider-Girl.jpg

The most important thing there is that she isn’t slim enough to pull off being Spidey’s daughter - Spider-Girl

She could pull of being Spider-Tart though.

From or with?

I wear them in public indoor places (supermarkets, restaurants till seated, etc). I am also very careful to be distanced and to avoid contact. Other people I know aren't, and they get COVID.

From or with?

Around here you would get kicked out of most public places if you don't have a mask on. You can't board a bus unless your face is covered.

You couldn't get me on a bus right now. Non-surgical masks aren't much protection in those confines.
  • Like 3

From or with?

Around here you would get kicked out of most public places if you don't have a mask on. You can't board a bus unless your face is covered.

You couldn't get me on a bus right now. Non-surgical masks aren't much protection in those confines.

My nephew doesn't drive and he has taken the bus to and from work ever since this started and he hasn't gotten sick once yet. It's the people locked up working from home or the kids who are remote learning that have more to worry about. They're out there less than before and it will hurt their immunity the longer these restrictions go on.

From or with?

I wear them in public indoor places (supermarkets, restaurants till seated, etc). I am also very careful to be distanced and to avoid contact. Other people I know aren't, and they get COVID.

Do you feel that the majority of people are doing what you do?

The governor of Oregon just re-instituted more restrictive measures due to the rapidly increasing number of cases and the King of Washington is expected to do the same tomorrow. If you have a small business, oh well.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done until there's a vaccine. I'm not sure what else state Governor's are supposed to do if cases keep going up.

The governor of Oregon just re-instituted more restrictive measures due to the rapidly increasing number of cases and the King of Washington is expected to do the same tomorrow. If you have a small business, oh well.

Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done until there's a vaccine. I'm not sure what else state Governor's are supposed to do if cases keep going up.

What happened to Trump’s words of wisdom “We’re rounding the corner” (or whatever it was) just a couple of weeks ago? :sarcastic:

• Like 2

What's your sneezing technique when you have your mask on?

What happened to Trump’s words of wisdom “We’re rounding the corner” (or whatever it was) just a couple of weeks ago? :sarcastic:

Trump now has time to sort his hair out and get a better fake tan.

• Like 3

We've been "rounding the corner" or the vaccine was "just a couple of weeks away" since March. He's stringing along his supporters and they aren't smart enough to figure it out.

• Like 2

From or with?

What's the weirdest mask you've seen this year?

From or with?

What's the weirdest mask you've seen this year?

http://2w6kxc22rrr9mabqt1mglgait6-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/michael-gove-gimp-mask-768x435.jpg

• Like 3

We've been "rounding the corner" or the vaccine was "just a couple of weeks away" since March. He's stringing along his supporters and they aren't smart enough to figure it out.

I’m sure there are still plenty who don’t believe it’s even real

• Like 4

Not sure. I don't remember having to sneeze with a mask on.

Something to consider then. ;)

What do you think of the new AC/DC album?

Very good. I like it better than the last one. Best songs for me after a handful of listens are Realize, Shot In The Dark, Through The Mists Of Time, Kick You When You're Down and Demon Fire.

• Like 1

Very good. I like it better than the last one. Best songs for me after a handful of listens are Realize, Shot In The Dark, Through The Mists Of Time, Kick You When You're Down and Demon Fire.

giphy.gif

From or with?

A majority? Yes. But a minority can spread a virus pretty easily.