2020 MLB Season Thread! "Damn Yankees?" Cheating Astros Red Sox? Nats Repeat? Oakland's Young Pitching?

RUSHHEAD666

Is it me, or do I already detect Joe Suck's obvious prejudice in favor of the Dodgers? Just broadcast the game and STFU, Suck!

im a Dodger fan and i agree with you.

I readily admit, I can't stand Joe, whether it's he and Smut on baseball or brain dead AcheMan on football. And didn't he blab for Fox at one of golf's majors in the last year? Sorry, just mho.

Is it me, or do I already detect Joe Suck's obvious prejudice in favor of the Dodgers? Just broadcast the game and STFU, Suck!

I readily admit, I can't stand Joe, whether it's he and Smut on baseball or brain dead AcheMan on football. And didn't he blab for Fox at one of golf's majors in the last year? Sorry, just mho.

I like him. And the bias is understandable. They could be playing in Tampa right now and the crowd wouldn't be any bigger. Why on earth that team hasn't moved to Nashville, Charlotte, OK City, New Orleans, Las Vegas, San Antonio or even Cheyenne, Wyoming is beyond me. The team deserves better....

Steal attempt of home. Ballsy. But he should have been out at 3rd earlier anyway.

• Like 2

Smith seems like he might be trying a bit too hard to redeem himself from last night's mistake.

I like him. And the bias is understandable. They could be playing in Tampa right now and the crowd wouldn't be any bigger. Why on earth that team hasn't moved to Nashville, Charlotte, OK City, New Orleans, Las Vegas, San Antonio or even Cheyenne, Wyoming is beyond me. The team deserves better....

Steal attempt of home. Ballsy. But he should have been out at 3rd earlier anyway.

Move to Portland please Rays so I have MLB in my backyard.

Manfred has no testicles cuz if he did, the franchise would be gone from that joke of a stadium in a city that won't support them.

Outstanding franchise that does more with less than pretty much any team in pro sports. They deserve better.

• Like 1

See Roberts learned his lesson night before last and left Jansen right where he belongs, riding pine.

Dodgers' Kenley Jansen sets painful World Series record with fourth blown save

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/dodgers/2020/10/25/dodgers-kenley-jansen-sets-world-series-record-blown-saves/6030891002/

...the blown save on Saturday night was perhaps the most painful of the bunch. Trying to protect a 7-6 lead in the bottom of the ninth, Jansen got two quick outs around a broken-bat single to Kevin Kiermaier. After a walk to red-hot Randy Arozarena, Jansen only needed to retire little-used outfielder Brett Phillips, who hit .196 during the regular season and only had two plate appearances in the entire postseason up to that point.

:scared:

• Like 1

Hypothetical: You're Roberts, it's game 7, and it's tight. Is there any situation where you would tell Kershaw "bullpen, get loosened up"? Yay or nay?
  • Like 1

Hypothetical: You're Roberts, it's game 7, and it's tight. Is there any situation where you would tell Kershaw "bullpen, get loosened up"? Yay or nay?

Tough call.

Tough call.

Agree. I guess I'd consider one inning but only one, and maybe only one or two (left handed) hitter(s) who he's gotten out consistently.

One thing I do know, he'd be in before Kenley Jansen.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

Tough call.

Agree. I guess I'd consider one inning but only one, and maybe only one or two (left handed) hitter(s) who he's gotten out consistently.

One thing I do know, he'd be in before Kenley Jansen.

Yep, let that guy get some more splinters in his ass.

Well it's do or die for the Rays tonight. All I can say is we need the skill shown in game 2 and the luck we had in game 4. We need everything to go our way against a very talented ball club...

Only time will tell!

Lets go Rays! :sundog:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 3

Well, with the Dodgers win tonight the most feckless franchise of the 21st Century reverts to the New York Yankees, for doing less with more than any other team.

Congrats though to the Dodgers, who managed to win the series with only four times the payroll of their opponents.

• Like 3