Paul Gilbert performs 'Fly By Night' live in Toronto

RushFanForever

Paul Gilbert is an incredible guitarist. If you want to hear his take on a few more Rush songs; check out "Cygnus and the Sea Monsters", a live Rush tribute show put together by Mike Portnoy, where he was on guitar.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 1

We're all aware of Mr. Big opening for RUSH on the 1990 Presto Tour where both bands did 'In The Mood' live together.

My favorite thing about Paul Gilbert is that he cites Kim Mitchell (Max Webster fame) as a guitar influence below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah_SR_nBdrk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ftAKs6AHR0

I love the way he gets rid of the slide for the solo and puts it back on afterwards without missing a beat.

I could never do that...either the damn slide gets stuck to my finger or I drop it on the floor.

Speaking of slide, I can't remember Alex ever using a slide. Any examples that I'm missing?

I love the way he gets rid of the slide for the solo and puts it back on afterwards without missing a beat.

I could never do that...either the damn slide gets stuck to my finger or I drop it on the floor.

Speaking of slide, I can't remember Alex ever using a slide. Any examples that I'm missing?

Alex used an old metal lipstick container for the slide part on 'Making Memories'.

Well, at least somebody finally played it live.

Yeah, RUSH should have done that for R40 and just let the audience sing it. Would have been a nice gesture.
  • Like 1