What Rush Song Are You Currently Listening To? v.3

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Today I finally got my new Rush Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Box Set. So I am starting to listen on the live parts. Rush - Permanent Waves World Tour 1980 on double vinyl record. I have mix feelings about this live record. For a couple of reasons. 1. The songs are not in correct order, as they was played in the setlist, they start with Beneath, Between & Behind, which I find a bit odd. And 2. it is silence gaps between the songs, they have not mixed it so you can at least pretend it's all from same concert! and 3. It is not the full set list that they played during the tour! I would gladly have paid more if they released a full set list in correct order, starting with 2112! Anyway..here it is. I enjoy what I got!

https://www.discogs.com/Rush-Permanent-Waves/release/15398398

6XLPRU067.jpg

• Like 2

Today I finally got my new Rush Permanent Waves 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Box Set. So I am starting to listen on the live parts. Rush - Permanent Waves World Tour 1980 on double vinyl record. I have mix feelings about this live record. For a couple of reasons. 1. The songs are not in correct order, as they was played in the setlist, they start with Beneath, Between & Behind, which I find a bit odd. And 2. it is silence gaps between the songs, they have not mixed it so you can at least pretend it's all from same concert! and 3. It is not the full set list that they played during the tour! I would gladly have paid more if they released a full set list in correct order, starting with 2112! Anyway..here it is. I enjoy what I got!

https://www.discogs....elease/15398398

6XLPRU067.jpg

I totally agree with you regarding the live stuff. As i posted in another topic, I ended up creating a decent quality PeW tour setlist by combining these tracks with tracks from two soundboard bootlegs i have from the PeW tour ..... Ploughkeepsie Jan 1980 and St. Louis Feb 1980. The only track from the new box set i didn't use was Jacob's Ladder as the Ploughkeepsie version let my setlist 'flow' better.

I used Audacity to edit a little to take away the silence gaps you mentioned and also make sure the levels were constant and ended up with this setlist -

1. 2112 (From St Louis bootleg)

2.Freewill (from Box Set)

3. By-Tor (from Box Set)

4. Xanadu (from Box Set)

5. The Spirit of Radio (from Box Set)

6. Natural Science (from Box Set)

7. A Passage to Bangkok (from Box Set)

8. The Trees (from Box Set)

9 Cygnus X-1 (from Box Set)

10. Hemispheres (from Box Set)

11. Closer to the Heart (from Box Set)

12. Beneath, Between and Behind (from Box Set)

13. Jacob's Ladder (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

14. Working Man (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

15. Finding My Way (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

16. Anthem (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

17. Bastille Day (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

18. In The Mood (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

19. Drum Solo (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

20. La Villa Strangiato (Ploughkeepsie bootleg)

It works very well ..... only because the two bootlegs i used are soundboards of exceptional quality.

For me today it is Freewill and a Broken String - 2nd Nov 1981 Brighton UK. A fairly good audience recording.

6XLPRU067.jpg

I totally agree with you regarding the live stuff. As i posted in another topic, I ended up creating a decent quality PeW tour setlist by combining these tracks with tracks from two soundboard bootlegs i have from the PeW tour ..... Ploughkeepsie Jan 1980 and St. Louis Feb 1980. The only track from the new box set i didn't use was Jacob's Ladder as the Ploughkeepsie version let my setlist 'flow' better.

I used Audacity to edit a little to take away the silence gaps you mentioned and also make sure the levels were constant and ended up with this setlist -

3. By-Tor (from Box Set)

4. Xanadu (from Box Set)

It works very well ..... only because the two bootlegs i used are soundboards of exceptional quality.

That's nice. But I am a vinyl record guy, so that is kinda hard to do when listening to vinyl record. I do have the St. Louis bootleg on vinyl record, and it sounds great.

• Like 1

6XLPRU067.jpg

3. By-Tor (from Box Set)

4. Xanadu (from Box Set)

That's nice. But I am a vinyl record guy, so that is kinda hard to do when listening to vinyl record. I do have the St. Louis bootleg on vinyl record, and it sounds great.

Ah yes! ...I see your difficulty. I fear you are resigned to a somewhat incomplete set of live recordings. A shame as my 'cocktail' works really well as a representation

of a PeW show .... albeit in a digital medium. Just out of curiosity, my setlist above works out at 124 mins .... how many LPs would that work out at?

3. By-Tor (from Box Set)

4. Xanadu (from Box Set)

Ah yes! ...I see your difficulty. I fear you are resigned to a somewhat incomplete set of live recordings. A shame as my 'cocktail' works really well as a representation

of a PeW show .... albeit in a digital medium. Just out of curiosity, my setlist above works out at 124 mins .... how many LPs would that work out at?

Well, the live songs that came with the new box set fits on 2 vinyl records. And same with the St. Louis bootleg, also fits on 2 vinyl records. It is about 20-25 mins on each side, with the song 2112 taking a whole side.. I am to tired to do the math. So I leave it to you!

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 1

A Farewell To Kings

I watched the new TSoR video and it made me smile. I just had to put on some Rush.

The live discs from the A Farewell To Kings 40th Anniversary box set. Kicking off with a super strong Bastille Day!! :haz: