Geddy with the Claypool Lennon Delirium

Rod in Toronto

Well i hoping ged was going to drop by but alas he did not.

Great show despite not knowing their original material.

In the court of the crimson king!!!

Sweet!
  • Like 1

I only know the second one, and it's simply amazing!!

Rod, the debut is killer!!!

It's good but they have got something special going on, with the new album for me. Serves well for Claypool's craziness to be grounded in traditional songwriting.

Love the new album.

Yeah.

In this case Less Les is more....

And with all due respect. I think this my favorite thing he has done outside early primus?

Super tasty modern beatles vibe to these ears....

• Like 2

It's good but they have got something special going on, with the new album for me. Serves well for Claypool's craziness to be grounded in traditional songwriting.

Love the new album.

Yeah.

And with all due respect. I think this my favorite thing he has done outside early primus?

Totally.

I loved Primus up to Seas of Cheese, started to loose way around The Brown Album and Antipop. Primus have their moments, and I always check them out, but it just misses that early magic.

Les has struck gold with the new album South Of Reality, and with the Lennon collaboration in general. I hope they carry on with this direction. It's the best thing Mr Claypool has been involved in for a long time.

• Like 1

Love the new album.

Yeah.

Totally.

I loved Primus up to Seas of Cheese, started to loose way around The Brown Album and Antipop. Primus have their moments, and I always check them out, but it just misses that early magic.

Les has struck gold with the new album South Of Reality, and with the Lennon collaboration in general. I hope they carry on with this direction. It's the best thing Mr Claypool has been involved in for a long time.

Yes indeed

South of reality is great

I saw they are opening for the flaming lips this summer.

• Like 1

I wonder if The Claypool Lennon Delirium has a musical vibe similar to what Geddy Lee's nephew Rob Higgins did with Rocket Science in the late 90's.

The group released an album titled 'Foolscap'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd7pgDxKoy8

I like this album but it' been at least six months since I popped it in the CD player.

Love the new album.

Yeah.

I pretty much like everything Les has been involved in. Strangely, my gateway was Primus, but his solo projects seem to be more interesting to me. Oysterhead, Frog Brigade, Delirium, his solo albums....

• Like 1

Love the new album.

Yeah.

I pretty much like everything Les has been involved in. Strangely, my gateway was Primus, but his solo projects seem to be more interesting to me. Oysterhead, Frog Brigade, Delirium, his solo albums....

He really is amazingly profilic

Not at the buckethead level but his discograghy is deep.

I think at this point now that ged has retired and chris squire us dead that les is the most prominent and or important rock bass player...

Love the new album.

Yeah.

I think at this point now that ged has retired and chris squire us dead that les is the most prominent and or important rock bass player...

Rush is retired but I’m not so sure Geddy is. I think he’s still got some juice in the box.

• Like 2

Love the new album.

Yeah.

Rush is retired but I’m not so sure Geddy is. I think he’s still got some juice in the box.

I hear you and hope you are right but.... its been years now right?

In some way its like neil put ged and alex into retirement mode until they record and tour again.

Anyways i doudt ged will ever return to recording and touring like les is doing now

Please geddy, prove me wrong. I love mfh and had a friend in high school who said i would buy a record if geddy farted into a microphone.

He was and is still right. ...

• Like 1

Love the new album.

Yeah.

In some way its like neil put ged and alex into retirement mode until they record and tour again.

Anyways i doudt ged will ever return to recording and touring like les is doing now

Please geddy, prove me wrong. I love mfh and had a friend in high school who said i would buy a record if geddy farted into a microphone.

Yeah, Geddy would never churn out material at the rate that Les has. And that’s fine. Geddy’s more meticulous. But I can imagine another solo Geddy project with some Alex contributions to it (if not a full on team up). They’ll turn 66 this summer so I think there’s still time for new material

• Like 1

Love the new album.

Yeah.

Yeah, Geddy would never churn out material at the rate that Les has. And that’s fine. Geddy’s more meticulous. But I can imagine another solo Geddy project with some Alex contributions to it (if not a full on team up). They’ll turn 66 this summer so I think there’s still time for new material

Yep

Two much time working at perfekt.....

• Like 1

Love the new album.

Yeah.

Only one in "retirement mode" is Neil. Geddy and Alex are still doing their thing. The profile just isn't as high.

Love the new album.

Yeah.

Only one in "retirement mode" is Neil. Geddy and Alex are still doing their thing. The profile just isn't as high.

To ged and alex i say

Show me don't tell me. Hopefully soon

Anyways i saw that mike gordon from phish played the same song ged did with TCLD in new orleans

Just give me

"Suck On This"

"Frizzle Fry"

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese."

I remember seeing Primus at The Warfield. They did "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" all the way through.

Everyone in the pit started chanting.......

"PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS PRIMUS SUCKS!"

Les said....

"Stop that, we don't say that anymore."

So lame.

I saw Primus open up for RUSH four times.

It was EPIC.

I think it was the "Roll The Bones" Tour.

Those were the daze.

Yeah, I totally hear ya. I couldn’t tell you how many early Primus shows I saw before they really blew up. I remember seeing them with fishbone and on the frizzle fry tour opening for 24-7 Spyz and then a bunch of times in smallish venues before they opened for Rush. Chatted w/Tim Alexander when they were on Lollapalooza with AIC and fishbone and RATM (their first big tour probably). When Tim left/was dismissed I got the first album with Brian Mantia only because I liked Praxis a lot (Bootsy, Buckethead, Bernie Worrel and Brian). I lost track of them after that one, until finally going to catch the last tour w/mastodon.

Praxis was genius. Transmutation Mutadis is amazing and groundbreaking.

• Like 1