Hello? "Dr. Music" Is Here To Make A TRF House Call.... Time To Look Back Into The "Mirrors" Of The Past! A GEM! Lick My Soft White Underbelly!!!!!!

RUSHHEAD666

I love this Forum!

This place or palace I should say is my own public creative writing mecca!

Another Blue Oyster Cult Thread?

Well? So what?

This band deserves so much LOVE!

Now it is true. I am a Blue Oyster Cult Whore although I know no band is "Perfect Water" throughout their entire "Career Of Evil." LOL!

I could keep going!

Hope I make some of you laugh and piss some of you off!

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!!

Anyway, so here is a thread dedicated to "Mirrors." A amazing album that came out in 1979.

I know BOC was starting to change their sound to be more commercial but for me this band has always been first class in writing riffs, solos and lyrics.

One of the most beautiful and melodic rock and roll bands in the galaxy.

"Mirrors"

1. "Dr. Music"

2. "The Great Sun Jester"

3. "In Thee" One of my favorite song of all time!

4. "Mirrors"

5. "Moon Crazy" Yes I am!!! Full moon tonight?

6. "The Vigil" Yet another epic masterpiece of a song. My favorite BOC song.

7. "I Am The Storm"

8. "Your'e Not The One ( I Was Looking For) Dedicated to my ex wife. LOL

9. "Lonely Teardrops" Not dedicated to my ex wife! HA!

ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER!!

BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!

Greatest band out of New York City EVER!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 5

they say the west is nice this time of year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivuKa5FBEYQ

Such a beautiful song dude.

I compare this album to "All The World's A Stage."

Of course not by music, but by time they both came out. 1975 1976.

RUSH AND BLUE OYSTER CULT RULE!

Dude, the weather has been amazing out here over the last week. Spring as sprung. Perfect weather. BUT! Now there is another storm coming in! More rain and snow in Tahoe.

It's incredible.

Goose is going to be in HEAVEN FORBID! Get it? A BOC album! LOL!!

There will be snow skiing into July!!!

• Like 2

Mirrors is a really good album with lots of great melodies.

I also like a lot of the stuff on Club Ninja and Heaven Forbid, two of their other albums that don't seem to get a lot of positive attention.

• Like 2

I love this Forum!

This place or palace I should say is my own public creative writing mecca!

Another Blue Oyster Cult Thread?

Well? So what?

This band deserves so much LOVE!

Now it is true. I am a Blue Oyster Cult Whore although I know no band is "Perfect Water" throughout their entire "Career Of Evil." LOL!

I could keep going!

Hope I make some of you laugh and piss some of you off!

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on!!

Anyway, so here is a thread dedicated to "Mirrors." A amazing album that came out in 1979.

I know BOC was starting to change their sound to be more commercial but for me this band has always been first class in writing riffs, solos and lyrics.

One of the most beautiful and melodic rock and roll bands in the galaxy.

"Mirrors"

1. "Dr. Music"

2. "The Great Sun Jester"

3. "In Thee" One of my favorite song of all time!

4. "Mirrors"

5. "Moon Crazy" Yes I am!!! Full moon tonight?

6. "The Vigil" Yet another epic masterpiece of a song. My favorite BOC song.

7. "I Am The Storm"

8. "Your'e Not The One ( I Was Looking For) Dedicated to my ex wife. LOL

9. "Lonely Teardrops" Not dedicated to my ex wife! HA!

ROCK AND ROLL FOREVER!!

BLUE OYSTER CULT!!!

Greatest band out of New York City EVER!

Love this album. Especially Side 2 :) Three of my all-time favorite BOC songs in "You're Not the One", "Mirrors", and "The Vigil".
  • Like 2

BOC Rule, I have everything they ever recorded, Spinning Mirrors right now, fantastic album.

I've got the first four albums, plus On Your Feet Or On Your Knees (live album), Cultosaurus Erectus and Fire of Unknown Origin. I should pick up Spectres and Mirrors so I'll have the original group's entire run.

• Like 2

BOC is another band I need to try to get into. Beyond Reaper :wub: and Godzilla :haz: , nothing's ever really connected. Band of the Week...?

I highly recommend their third album, Secret Treaties.

• Like 3

BOC is another band I need to try to get into. Beyond Reaper :wub: and Godzilla :haz: , nothing's ever really connected. Band of the Week...?

They are another band, like Frampton, the Kinks and Cheap Trick, that have a live album that I recommend as a gateway drug. Try Some Enchanted Evening. Studio albums, I'd suggest either Agents of Fortune, Fire of Unknown Origin or Cultosaurus Erectus.

• Like 2

They are another band, like Frampton, the Kinks and Cheap Trick, that have a live album that I recommend as a gateway drug. Try Some Enchanted Evening. Studio albums, I'd suggest either Agents of Fortune...or Cultosaurus Erectus.

Those two I remember from my youth. Live Godzilla, and the cool Cultasaurus album cover. My friend had them.

Time to re-visit.

• Like 2

I still think the debut is their best album. I think it, more than any other album, conveys the weird vibe their music has. Tyranny is a close second

I love the debut. So much great stuff. "Beautiful as a Foot" is so gorgeous, musically, that I can't help wishing it had different lyrics, though. Another favorite is "Before the Kiss, a Redcap." Reminds me of a more upbeat Grateful Dead.

• Like 3

I still think the debut is their best album. I think it, more than any other album, conveys the weird vibe their music has. Tyranny is a close second

I love the debut. So much great stuff. "Beautiful as a Foot" is so gorgeous, musically, that I can't help wishing it had different lyrics, though. Another favorite is "Before the Kiss, a Redcap." Reminds me of a more upbeat Grateful Dead.

I saw them play the first album in its entirety a couple of years ago. Fantastic gig.

Edited by Turbine Freight
  • Like 2

All of you who have responded here kill me.

I love ever BOC song up to "Club Ninja."

I'm on an heroin overdose right now with Motley Crue.

What is wrong with me?

NOTHING! LOL!

"The Vigil" and "In Thee" are it.

Masterpieces.

BOC RULES

Thank you, Earl.

I remember defending this album here a few years ago. Too commercial. Whatever.

I compared it to encountering a Slick Black Cadillac of similar vintage. Maybe kind of like the one on the record cover.

Its seen a few scuffs and scratches, but it exudes a vibe of power and menace. Maybe still a bit too glossy for some people's liking. And you swear its looking at you.

Mirrors doesn't deserve the crap slung its way. I haven't played it in about five years or so, but I'm gonna go plug it in now.

I am the Harvester Of Eyes, but for right now I'm going for a cruise and nobody will show up behind me when I look in my Mirrors.

Signed,

Flaming Telepath

• Like 1

God I'm so fukking old I remember the day I bought this on cassette (rare for me, I usually did vinyl) and popped it in the car on the way home. Also saw this tour (Seattle Coliseum, Georgia Satellites opened)). Damned good album.

Thank you, Earl.

I remember defending this album here a few years ago. Too commercial. Whatever.

I compared it to encountering a Slick Black Cadillac of similar vintage. Maybe kind of like the one on the record cover.

Its seen a few scuffs and scratches, but it exudes a vibe of power and menace. Maybe still a bit too glossy for some people's liking. And you swear its looking at you.

Mirrors doesn't deserve the crap slung its way. I haven't played it in about five years or so, but I'm gonna go plug it in now.

I am the Harvester Of Eyes, but for right now I'm going for a cruise and nobody will show up behind me when I look in my Mirrors.

Signed,

Flaming Telepath

Amen brother!!! The album is a masterpiece!

Love,

"IN THEE"

• Like 1