The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 1 Leafs 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 2 Leafs 0

Breakaway. :sigh: Hawks 2 Leafs 1

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 1 Leafs 0

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 2 Leafs 0

What a turnaround. :facepalm: Hawks 2 Leafs 2

Somebody stop the bleeding. :rage: Leafs 3 Hawks 2

H :cosmo: A :cosmo: Y :cosmo: D :cosmo: E :cosmo: N :) Hawks 3 Leafs 3
  • Like 1

Ward must be thinking 'what the hell did I get myself into?' :moon: Leafs 4 Hawks 3

Ward must be thinking 'what the hell did I get myself into?' :moon: Leafs 4 Hawks 3

M :hi: A :hi: N :hi: N :hi: I :hi: N :hi: G :yay: Hawks 4 Leafs 4
  • Like 1

Can't stop Tavares. :( Leafs 5 Hawks 4 Edited by blackhawkrush

Can't stop Tavares. :( Leafs 5 Hawks 4

K :dweez: A :dweez: N :dweez: E :martini: Hawks 5 Leafs 5
  • Like 1

K :dweez: A :dweez: N :dweez: E :martini: Hawks 5 Leafs 5

We forgot about the other guy. :oops: Leafs 6 Hawks 5

K :dweez: A :dweez: N :dweez: E Hawks 5 Leafs 5

K :notworthy: A :notworthy: N :notworthy: E :spitwater: Hawks 6 Leafs 6
  • Like 1

K :dweez: A :dweez: N :dweez: E Hawks 5 Leafs 5

K :notworthy: A :notworthy: N :notworthy: E :spitwater: Hawks 6 Leafs 6

Hawks lose in OT. 2-0-1

We had a great day last Sunday! The Stanley Cup visited Hershey, since the Hershey Bears are the Caps farm team. Very interesting to see the cup! 2764.png2764.png 2 hrs. in line but worth it! Even got a few extra seconds with it, with the guard trying to point out the Caps names to me while I was secretly looking for the Penguins! He was a nice guy and was being very friendly since I was actually interested in the history and engraving. I should have just asked him where the Penguins were but since there were another 2 hrs. worth of people behind me I didn't want to take advantage. We also got to see The Prince of Wales trophy and Ovie's Conn Smythe trophy and Rocket Richard trophy. And I made a friend in line!

fJ7eW7Vm.jpgo27NUcNl.jpg

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Another photo of what Caps fans look like dressed up! :LOL: :LOL: My daughter and her husband, from Washington, DC, got married this summer. They are huge Caps fans and were disappointed that they missed the Cup in Hershey - they were attending another wedding!

lMpdSQJl.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

In honor of the season start, Mr. blues and I watched an interesting movie last night, Names On The Cup. (I heard about it somewhere, if it was here and everyone already saw it I apologize!)

It is a documentary about the history of the Stanley Cup and the stories of some of the teams and players of the past. It was very good! It featured the stories of the Canadiens, Leafs, Red Wings, Islanders, Bruins and Flyers among others.

One of the players it featured was Lanny McDonald, who I saw play years ago (he was young and I was much younger!) when he was with the Colorado Rockies. The guy still looks good today!

The only place we could find the movie was on YouTube; it doesn't seem to be on Netflix, Hulu, etc. Very enjoyable movie! :D

I saw this on NHL channel last year, it was a great history lesson and was fun to watch all the clips of the players. Lanny McDonald was great, I loved remembering him help Calgary win the Cup in 1989 and Theo Fleury had gone up to join the Flames that year. We had the chance to see Fleury in the minors in Salt Lake and he was exciting. Another thing about Lanny, he got choked up when he was talking about when Sakic gave the Cup to Bourque in 2001.

I think this was running while they had the commercial with the players spelling out their names, loved that too.

Wow, the Blackhawks had some wild games and Toews and Kane are starting off with a bang. Hope the D can help Cam a bit, he isn't doing bad but there were some soft goals that may have kept them from winning against the Leafs.

Enjoyed your photos blueschica :D

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

We had a great day last Sunday! The Stanley Cup visited Hershey, since the Hershey Bears are the Caps farm team. Very interesting to see the cup! 2764.png2764.png 2 hrs. in line but worth it! Even got a few extra seconds with it, with the guard trying to point out the Caps names to me while I was secretly looking for the Penguins! He was a nice guy and was being very friendly since I was actually interested in the history and engraving. I should have just asked him where the Penguins were but since there were another 2 hrs. worth of people behind me I didn't want to take advantage. We also got to see The Prince of Wales trophy and Ovie's Conn Smythe trophy and Rocket Richard trophy. And I made a friend in line!

fJ7eW7Vm.jpgo27NUcNl.jpg

Nicsh!

Also nice pics of a lovely couple ;)

• Like 2

I met an NHL player who won 4 Stanley Cups today. I can't say who it is though because of the confidentiality policy. Edited by Krystal
  • Like 2

Well I sat in Amalie Arena and wondered most of the evening; "what are the as guys practicing on these long breaks between games?" Yes the Lightning's 1st period was much better than the season home opener but some of the nagging problems that held back the team persisted this evening. By the 3rd all positive accomplishments were but a memory! It seems too much time between matches is still the nemesis of this Lightning hockey club... Passing was terrible to put it nicely and way too many whiff shots on goals! Worst of all is the hesitation to shoot on goal! Seems like our "star" scoreres capt. #91 included get possession of the puck, charge down the ice, then try to some kind of cutsie tootsie pitpat pass that either gets missed all together or ends up on the opponents stick. Time and time and time again to the point of blood boiling frustration. Now I understand when one lone skater makes it into the attack zone sometimes he has to hold up & wait for some help but by God when that one skater is charging down center ice with the defense scrambling to get in any shape of position that is the time to SHOOT THE F'N PUCK!!! not try some stupid dump pass!!!! :facepalm: Lightning fall to Canucks 4-1 :boohoo: next up we host the Jackets of blue Columbus Saturday. Less than 5 daze rest ai think is good for this squad. I really look forward to seeing a "real Lightning" game!!

Tampa 1-1-0

Let's GO Lightning

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Wild 4 Hawks 3 in OT. Our power play just hit a new low. Not only we're 1 for 15 to start the season, but we also gave up a short handed goal in the last minute of regulation. :facepalm: 2-0-2

Whew! What a difference only 3 days break can make! Me Bolts made an appearance in "Sticks Of Fire" fashion beating up of the Jackets Of Blue Columbus 8-2! Seemed e everything went good (less the 2 goals Bassy gave up) enough to reassure Tampa actually has a good team! In retrospect I remember me bolts starting last season on a less then respectable start & then going on a 20 game tear to assert themselves as league leaders! Hopefully this big rebounding win will be the start of great things! It truly was fun to be in Amalie tonight! Up next we host Carolina Tuesday (only 3 daze between :unsure: )

Tampa 2-1- 0 4pts

Let's GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Hawks 4 Blues 3 in (of course) OT. :) DeBrincat the hero in this one. Our penalty killing let us down tonight, but you can't take seventeen ;) penalties in a row and expect to survive. Ward was amazing. This is why we got him to back up Crawford. 3-0-2
  • Like 2

Nice win by me Sticks Of Fire topping the Carolina Hurmacanes 4-2! Seems the Bolts have awaken! Tonights highlight #9 Tyler Johnson getting a Hat trick! Lightning looking sharp! Next up we host the Motor city's (earn your) redwings Thursday.

Tampa 3-1-0, 6 points

Let's Go Lightning!!!

I'm sure Crawford will be a bit rusty but it is good to hear he is playing, wish I was watching it.. :hockey: :sigh: Will have to watch NHL Live for updates. Go Hawks! Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1