The 2018-2019 NHL Thread

thesweetscience

So is everyone ready for hockey to start? Who thinks Gritty is the ugliest mascot ever? Let's get the thread going...I am very curious to see how Karlson does with the Sharks, that was a big surprise that they were the winners in that bidding war.

Blackhawk Rush, how do you see the Blackhawks season shaping up? I really haven't heard much about them over the summer except that they have Cam Ward as the backup goalie. Is Crow going to be ready to play?

Blues Chica, do you think the Pens will rebound this year? Crimsonmystmemory, what is your take on the Bolts? :popcorn:

I am glad it is hockey season again, I need a distraction and especially since my college football team is NOT inspiring confidence. :rage:

Well even with the sudden departure of our awesome GM Steve Yzerman the bolts have done an excellent job of keeping the "core" group intact. With that said I think Tampa is going to go the distance and hoist the Cup in June 2019!

Lets GO Lightning!!

• Like 2

So, Karlson was -2 in his Sharks debut last night. :(

Yeah, he was making some great plays but the 3rd one got away from him and he was on ice for the 4th one. Jones seemed a little rusty in net so it wasn't all Karlsson's fault.

Now I am ready to watch Vegas tonight and Chicago on Sunday. Guess Crow won't be expected to play until October 18th so Ward gets to start.

Edited by Rhyta

I called in sick in order to watch tonight's Hawks opener in Ottawa. :spitwater: NHL.com power rankings doesn't even list us in the top 16. :facepalm: Ward will have to carry the load for a while. Our defense has some young players who are going to have to grow up fast. Toews, Kane and others must catch fire early, because it looks like we'll be giving up a lot of goals. :unsure:
  • Like 3

Pens open tonight against the Caps! :heart: :heart: The Caps played their first game last night against the Bruins. My daughter and son in law went and had a lot of fun seeing the championship banner hung and seeing the Cup on the ice. I thought Wilson's suspension was not too far off the mark, even though it's 20 games. The guy is a thug.

e1DdyIem.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :7up: Hawks 1 Senators 0

Short-lived lead. :eyeroll: Hawks 1 Senators 1

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Senators 1
  • Like 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :7up: Hawks 1 Senators 0

T :chickendance: O :chickendance: E :chickendance: W :chickendance: S :drool: Hawks 2 Senators 1

Bad D again. :facepalm: Hawks 2 Senators 2

Penalty killing starts off with a bang. :sigh: Senators 3 Hawks 2

S :cosmo: E :cosmo: A :cosmo: B :cosmo: R :cosmo: O :cosmo: O :cosmo: K :pokercards: Hawks 3 Senators 3
  • Like 1

S :cosmo: E :cosmo: A :cosmo: B :cosmo: R :cosmo: O :cosmo: O :cosmo: K :pokercards: Hawks 3 Senators 3

K :drool: A :drool: N :drool: E :burger: Hawks 4 Senators 3 :16ton: Final.
  • Like 3

Got to see the 2nd period of Hawks and Ottawa...found out we are have free access to Center Ice for a bit. Saw the highlights on NHL channel. Good to see Toews and Kane score. Agree the defense needs to work hard, will have their work cut out for them.

Lots of overtime games yesterday, fun.

• Like 1

Season opener on home ice for me Sticks Of Fire tonight as we host the Panthers! Looking forward to beong in a rocking Amalie arena as the regular season kicks off! My bolts are pretty much healthy and have been chomping at the bit to get going as most all the other teams in the NHL have played at least one game. Here's to a Kick Ice season as our quest for the cup begins!

Lets GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

• Like 1

Season opener on home ice for me Sticks Of Fire tonight as we host the Panthers! Looking forward to beong in a rocking Amalie arena as the regular season kicks off! My bolts are pretty much healthy and have been chomping at the bit to get going as most all the other teams in the NHL have played at least one game. Here's to a Kick Ice season as our quest for the cup begins!

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Good Luck to your Bolts !! :ebert:

In honor of the season start, Mr. blues and I watched an interesting movie last night, Names On The Cup. (I heard about it somewhere, if it was here and everyone already saw it I apologize!)

It is a documentary about the history of the Stanley Cup and the stories of some of the teams and players of the past. It was very good! It featured the stories of the Canadiens, Leafs, Red Wings, Islanders, Bruins and Flyers among others.

One of the players it featured was Lanny McDonald, who I saw play years ago (he was young and I was much younger!) when he was with the Colorado Rockies. The guy still looks good today!

The only place we could find the movie was on YouTube; it doesn't seem to be on Netflix, Hulu, etc. Very enjoyable movie! :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Hawks 5 Blues 4 :dweez: Crazy game in St. Louis. When Toews and Kane score in the same game, the Hawks are almost unbeatable, as we witnessed tonight. 2-0-0 to start the season. :)
  • Like 1

In honor of the season start, Mr. blues and I watched an interesting movie last night, Names On The Cup. (I heard about it somewhere, if it was here and everyone already saw it I apologize!)

It is a documentary about the history of the Stanley Cup and the stories of some of the teams and players of the past. It was very good! It featured the stories of the Canadiens, Leafs, Red Wings, Islanders, Bruins and Flyers among others.

One of the players it featured was Lanny McDonald, who I saw play years ago (he was young and I was much younger!) when he was with the Colorado Rockies. The guy still looks good today!

The only place we could find the movie was on YouTube; it doesn't seem to be on Netflix, Hulu, etc. Very enjoyable movie! :D

Oooo I will have to look that up and watch it. I was doing some reading up on the history of the Lord Stanleys Cup on NHL.com as tis is a year when one of the bands will be removed and enshrined in hockey hall of fame...

• Like 1

Well my Bolts pulled out a victory topping the Panthers in a 2-1 OT shootout. I can tell you it was definitely not in "Sticks Of Fire" fashion! Florida led the whole game up untill 1/2 way through the 3rd period when Tampa scored the tieing goal. My Bolts looked real rusty as they struggled with every aspect of the game less net minding. Vassy was amazing warding off nearly 50+ shots on goal ( compared to Tampa's in the 20's range) Oh well an ugly win is a win!

Tampa 1-0-0

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 2

Well my Bolts pulled out a victory topping the Panthers in a 2-1 OT shootout. I can tell you it was definitely not in "Sticks Of Fire" fashion! Florida led the whole game up untill 1/2 way through the 3rd period when Tampa scored the tieing goal. My Bolts looked real rusty as they struggled with every aspect of the game less net minding. Vassy was amazing warding off nearly 50+ shots on goal ( compared to Tampa's in the 20's range) Oh well an ugly win is a win!

Tampa 1-0-0

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Yeah was watching this at the same time the UFC PPV was running. Good shootout win for the Bolts, and the Panthers turned into the Panthers again.
  • Like 1

Tampa 1-0-0

Lets GO Lightning!!!

That Cirelli goal made me laugh. 2 on 1 turned into 1 on 0. :LOL: