Ghost release new single: Rats!

jamie

Set from opening night.

https://www.setlist....a-23ec4cdf.html

DAMN!

I wish I had gotten tickets but I only just discovered the band really.

Maybe next time.

I'm new to them as well and am contemplating seeing them next time they come to the UK.

Set from opening night.

https://www.setlist....a-23ec4cdf.html

DAMN!

I wish I had gotten tickets but I only just discovered the band really.

Maybe next time.

I'm new to them as well and am contemplating seeing them next time they come to the UK.

I wonder what kind of venues they can fill there now. Metal is more popular there than in the US.

TOBIAS FORGE Says GHOST Was Originally Intended To Be 'Closer To A Musical Or Theater' Than A Band

During his first public "unmasked" interview, which took place at Los Angeles' Grammy Museum on May 1, GHOST frontman Tobias Forge discussed his original vision for the group and how it evolved over time.

"Originally, the idea was to have, technically, a band, but playing a show that would be closer to a musical or theater," he said. "Ever since I was a kid, I always liked going to musicals like 'Cats' and '[The] Phantom Of The Opera'. There was something very enthralling... you know that the show starts at a certain time, and then the story's over at a certain time, and you don't have to think too much about what happened before and after. It's a snapshot, and there's a beginning and an ending, and then it's over. The only thing that you're able to have insight into is [if] you buy a program. You can look — 'Oh, who scored this?' You can see who's the understudy. There's pictures — you can see everyone, and you can see who played the violin and designed the costumes. That was what I was trying to get to. That was what I was trying to create."

As GHOST's music began to take shape, Forge believed that creating a theatrical image was key. "[GHOST] started with a few songs," he explained, "and then the lyrics sort of spoke to me at that point, like, 'This is not going to be a band that looks like this [gestures to himself].' I didn't want to do that. I wanted to create this thing where it was a complete make-belief."

Forge quickly had to adjust his way of thinking, however, as the demand grew for GHOST to tour. "At that time," he said, "I was naively thinking that if we can just get a record deal, we can go out and we can headline, and we can do, like, five shows a year. They're going to be great, and they're going to be big and sold-out. Obviously, that didn't work. When the project transitioned from an idea to something that had a record out, all of a sudden we were asked to play a lot. We managed to skip a few steps in the beginning and start at F, but then came G, H and all that. We started touring, and quickly, this whole anonymity thing, it worked to a point, but there's a clear distinction between being masked and being anonymous... I think it's up to me — it's my job — to put the majority of the focus on the show."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tobias-forge-says-ghost-was-originally-intended-to-be-closer-to-a-musical-or-theater-than-a-band/

It's good thing I was there last night you spoilers!!! JEALOUS RATS!

I'm fuckingg tired man.

Worth the trip down baby.

I have so many thoughts in my head about this so-called opening show.

Do you Rush Zombies have any idea about the secret show GHOST did on Friday night in LA at THE ROXY??????

I should just delete my account here and start my own Rushhead Blog.

The Roxy released 150 tix to the public. All the other tickets went to the empty suits and friends and contacts to GHOST.

People spent the fuckking night in line to get a Ghost ticket and went home with nothing.

Hell back in the late 80's early 90's I spent the night in line in front of TOWER RECORDS to score my RUSH tix. So I get it. Old school Old soul.

Ironically Ghost only played for 52 minutes at The Roxy. It was a "greatest hits" warm up run for the Riverside show.

I am soooooo glad I drove my ass to Riverside.

Oh don't worry I won't blow it for you Ghost Rookies.

I mean it's sadly true. GHOST are millionaires now.

I always fuckkhing knew it.

Good for them.

The Ghost merch guy and I met again last night. Rremember Ghost Merch Guy and I have the same first and last name. I was warned not to put my full name on a public forum but it's on here somewhere.

Yep. Ghost Merch guy shook my hand and called me his brother.

Same f***ing birth name. Insane.

Anyway

I could totally write a review right now about OPENING NIGHT.

But I won't.

There is no doubt that the band has totally sold out, but I knew this moment in time was coming.

They even hired two more nameless ghouls.

Dumb.

Useless.

Like three fuckking guitars in Iron Maiden and Judas Priest.

It is what it is.

You wouldn't believe this stuff I saw last night.

The world is fuckking GHOST CRAZY.

No wonder they will be at the LA FORUM.

As I drove home on my 6 hour ride, I thought to myself that I am done with GHOST.

I thought to myself that I am not going to waste my time or money driving to see them at the LA FORUM.

But damnit.

Thanks to PAT

I've had the GHOST bud running deepen my eternal soul since their inception.

I have to go.

Let's just say they are KISS ON HGH!

Lots of cheese yes so much fuckking MOXY AT THE ROXY BITCHES!!!

Cum on girls.

BRING IT ON!

I spent 2 hours at their two brand new black buses behind the venue. Met a lot of great real GHOST FANS. I'm fuckking 50 and yet I fit right in!!

I didn't wait around this time for Tobias. I split.

I had my magic moment in Reno by the band's shit brown rental bus.

GHOST are rock stars now.

I bet Tobias has his own black slick bus. The other bus is probably for the ghouls and Earl. The merch guy.

GHOST RULES!

But they are going for the "Limelight." Not the darkest and evil that they once were.

Fuckk it.

Hope they make millions of dollars.

They deserve it.

I was also lucky enough to met Jamie! A very nice and sweet Rush Forum Member!!

She is so freaking COOL!!!!

So guys on here who hate me. Please lighten up!

Continue living in your parent's apartment jerking off to Rush videos while drinking Pepsi in a two liter bottle while eating hot pockets and Cheetos.

I'll stick with meeting amazing cool and real Rush Forum Women at concerts all around the country!!!

You Rushhead Haters have no idea about me.

RUSH FORUM WOMEN RULE!

I'm OUT!

Holy Unholy Shit!

Ghost played 23 songs in Riverside.

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

That set doesn't look right at all. No flow, hardly anything in the same place as the opening night set. I'm willing to bet that it's not right and it was posted by some drunk idiot who can't remember shit about the show they were just at.

I mean really? "An Evening With Ghost" in Riverside.

An Evening With Rush is in the past.

I saw the last Rush show ever in LA

Now it's up to GHOST to make rock and roll last.

A poem for all of you whiny, crying little baby Rush fruits who either never saw them or just simply couldn't go to a Rush show.

Get your asses to a GHOST show then.

Stop crying like a little school girl with a skinned knee.

You missed RUSH.

GROW UP!

Go see GHOST!

Or just sit around all day long in your parent's basement playing with yourself and HOBBIT figures. Harry Potter wants you now. Call him at 1-666-LUV-GHOST

I am sure you want to crank "Clockwerk Angels" and jerk it all day long with sunscreen on your little Rush palms.

Papa is dead too. Rush is over.

Get in line at your local 7-11 and buy some condoms for your soul.

You little Rush babies who talk so tough and think you know it all. LOL!!!

"TOUGH TIMES DEMAND TOUGH TALK!!" LOL!

"FORCE TEN!!"

Come on "Double Agents!"

Wake up to the real noise.

Stop hiding in your Dungeons And Dragons Workshop coloring books.

Put down the crayons and join the real world.

METAL LIVES

Find it.

RUSH IS DEAD.

Yet the boys are good.

GHOST BABY!

JOIN THE REBELLION.

Or just lay around on your parent's big king bed and look for the astro glide.

RUSH FANS UNITE!

• Like 1

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

That set doesn't look right at all. No flow, hardly anything in the same place as the opening night set. I'm willing to bet that it's not right and it was posted by some drunk idiot who can't remember shit about the show they were just at.

Hope you are right!

My last post was written like a drunk idiot! HAHA! Oh and I'm sober!!!!

I loved the show in Riverside, but there were a lot of things I didn't like.

If AZ had 23 songs to than my bad.

Go to SETLIST.com

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

I really shouldn't tell you because it's a spoiler.

Ugh

I will give you a hint......

Geoff Tate did the same thing Tobias did last night.

I hated it.

Sadly GHOST is truly becoming everything I knew they would.

Tobias has more wardrobe changes than Britney Spears and Lady GaGa combined!! Jesus! (pun intended)

Damn I drove 7 hours down and 7 hours back today.

I put the time in for this band. As I did RUSH.

I have the right to complain but alas they are still amazing live.

I would love to write a proper critical review but I know how sensitive humans are on here about fuckking spoilers.

GHOST is going to be the "SECOND COMING"

Oh the irony.

I knew this back in 2010.

You are right J2112

I'm annoyed that this once little cool Satanic band is now bigger than RUSH and KISS combined.

I can't believe they are headlining the LA FORUM.

Good for them.

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

Ugh

I hated it.

Tobias has more wardrobe changes than Britney Spears and Lady GaGa combined!! Jesus! (pun intended)

I would love to write a proper critical review but I know how sensitive humans are on here about fuckking spoilers.

Oh the irony.

You are right J2112

I'm annoyed that this once little cool Satanic band is now bigger than RUSH and KISS combined.

Good for them.

Back with that first album I read a lot of things online where people said the band would headline arenas one day. It looks like they were right. Their songs are just too catchy, plus Tobias and whoever the nameless ghouls are or were have worked their asses off to make the band what it is now. They really didn't change too much musically to get this popular. The catchy songs have been there from the start and of course the whole gimmick helps out a lot. It just took people a few years to find out about them. I don't think they get to where they are today without Meliora though. Fantastic album that solidified them as something to be taken seriously. It launched Ghost to the next level.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I mean really? "An Evening With Ghost" in Riverside.

An Evening With Rush is in the past.

I saw the last Rush show ever in LA

Now it's up to GHOST to make rock and roll last.

A poem for all of you whiny, crying little baby Rush fruits who either never saw them or just simply couldn't go to a Rush show.

Get your asses to a GHOST show then.

Stop crying like a little school girl with a skinned knee.

You missed RUSH.

GROW UP!

Go see GHOST!

Or just sit around all day long in your parent's basement playing with yourself and HOBBIT figures. Harry Potter wants you now. Call him at 1-666-LUV-GHOST

I am sure you want to crank "Clockwerk Angels" and jerk it all day long with sunscreen on your little Rush palms.

Papa is dead too. Rush is over.

Get in line at your local 7-11 and buy some condoms for your soul.

You little Rush babies who talk so tough and think you know it all. LOL!!!

"TOUGH TIMES DEMAND TOUGH TALK!!" LOL!

"FORCE TEN!!"

Come on "Double Agents!"

Wake up to the real noise.

Stop hiding in your Dungeons And Dragons Workshop coloring books.

Put down the crayons and join the real world.

METAL LIVES

Find it.

RUSH IS DEAD.

Yet the boys are good.

GHOST BABY!

JOIN THE REBELLION.

Or just lay around on your parent's big king bed and look for the astro glide.

RUSH FANS UNITE!

Ghost are fast becoming one of my favourite bands. Like...they could be...

Don't choke Earl...

MY NEW NIGHTWISH

• Like 1

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

Ugh

I hated it.

Oh the irony.

You are right J2112

Good for them.

Back with that first album I read a lot of things online where people said the band would headline arenas one day. It looks like they were right. Their songs are just too catchy, plus Tobias and whoever the nameless ghouls are or were have worked their asses off to make the band what it is now. They really didn't change too much musically to get this popular. The catchy songs have been there from the start and of course the whole gimmick helps out a lot. It just took people a few years to find out about them. I don't think they get to where they are today without Meliora though. Fantastic album that solidified them as something to be taken seriously. It launched Ghost to the next level.

I'm loving all the albums about the same. Meliora has amazing hooks!

• Like 1

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

Ugh

I hated it.

Oh the irony.

You are right J2112

Good for them.

That album has the hookiest hooks that ever hooked. The band was making a name for themselves and it was the album that needed to happen for them. That's why I have complete faith they'll step up and answer the call again with new album.

• Like 1

Holy Unholy Shit!

Only 14 in AZ!

YAHOO!!!!

Hope you are right!

Go to SETLIST.com

What didn't you like?

Ugh

I hated it.

Oh the irony.

You are right J2112

Good for them.

I love the über-campiness of the sophomore effort Infestissumam. Some didn't appreciate the carnival keys, but I thought the approach was brilliant and right in line with Ghost's schtick.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Unpopular Ghost opinion?

Rats totally blows away Square Hammer.

Rats is my favourite of the two

• Like 1

Unpopular Ghost opinion?

Rats totally blows away Square Hammer.

Rats is my favourite of the two

RATS! RULES! LIKE RATT! BUT!

Damn! Not impressed with the other new stuff.

So now there are no spoiler alerts here.

I can release my filter.

LOL