What are you binge watching lately?

goose

I have finally started EMERGENCY! .  Got the DVD set a couple of years ago.  Going to relive my 2nd favorite childhood show for a couple of weeks.   Some of the really early episodes, like the pilot/move I'd never seen before. Holds up pretty well as a 'period piece'. 

After this I may move on to Star Trek TOS.  I don't think I've actually watched an episode - outside of "City On The Edge Of Forever" - in about 15 years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnRogers said:

Watch Hunters – Season 2 | Prime Video

It's a good show.  So 70's, and a nice take on the rumors of that time period.

'Harry Enfield's Brand Spanking New Show.' It's a step up from his previous effort. I particularly fancy the Scottish football analyst.  :wub:

I'm almost done with Amazon's Mr. & Mrs. Smith.  It started slow, got good, and for the last three or four episodes has been pretty miserable. I've never seen the Brangelina movie version, but I can't believe it would have wallowed in the relationship misery of the couple like this. It's been like watching Marriage Story or something. There's an episode left, so maybe it redeems itself.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith (TV Series 2024– ) - IMDb

1 hour ago, Nova Carmina said:

I'm almost done with Amazon's Mr. & Mrs. Smith.  It started slow, got good, and for the last three or four episodes has been pretty miserable. I've never seen the Brangelina movie version, but I can't believe it would have wallowed in the relationship misery of the couple like this. It's been like watching Marriage Story or something. There's an episode left, so maybe it redeems itself.

Hihi, we're 4 episodes in and I'm digging it more than my wife. We watched the trailer for the Brangelina movie and decided to skip it. We fully expected the challenges and drama of such a marriage to be integral to the series, along with stress and gun play.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnRogers said:

Hihi, we're 4 episodes in and I'm digging it more than my wife. We watched the trailer for the Brangelina movie and decided to skip it. We fully expected the challenges and drama of such a marriage to be integral to the series, along with stress and gun play.

Four episodes in seemed about peak value. If it was "marriage stress + gun play" that would be one thing, but it's more like "marriage stress, oh, and a little gun play." The balance was better earlier, is my point, is all.

3 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

Four episodes in seemed about peak value. If it was "marriage stress + gun play" that would be one thing, but it's more like "marriage stress, oh, and a little gun play." The balance was better earlier, is my point, is all.

I can see that. The way they introduced a new plot point in the Ron Pearlman episode we just watched.

Spoiler

Sowing doubt asking Jane about moving up, and a new John.

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I started watching the Ted series on Peacock. I'd already seen a few episodes, but I wanted to watch the whole thing with her. We love it so far.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:29 AM, Nova Carmina said:

I just watched the marriage counseling episode. Maybe it was the THC edibles but I thought it was hysterically funny.

• Haha 1

Taking a break from Mad Men, and alternating Grimm season 2 and Dawsons Creek season 3.

Three of my favourite shows!

5 hours ago, treeduck said:

17etUihJ7adrGT5G4afLf7r5qci.jpg

Told the wife about this. She likes Stephen King. Watched it for ten minutes, turned it off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackhawkrush said:

Told the wife about this. She likes Stephen King. Watched it for ten minutes, turned it off. 

It's a bit of a slow burner and it hasn't got the old school Stephen King vibe, or even the disappointing modern King vibe. I'll probably rip through it though and see what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treeduck said:

It's a bit of a slow burner and it hasn't got the old school Stephen King vibe, or even the disappointing modern King vibe. I'll probably rip through it though and see what happens.

It's 2018-19. Sounds like modern King. Still, only 20 episodes, good luck.  :unsure:

46 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

It's 2018-19. Sounds like modern King. Still, only 20 episodes, good luck.  :unsure:

There's a few good old school people in it like Scott Glenn and Sissy Spacek. That guy from Falcon Crest was in the last episode, he played a kind of Mr. Burns figure. Also Terry O'Quinn plays the dead warden.

• Like 1

There's a few good old school people in it like Scott Glenn and Sissy Spacek. That guy from Falcon Crest was in the last episode, he played a kind of Mr. Burns figure. Also Terry O'Quinn plays the dead warden.

I recognized Spacek when I looked in on it, but that couldn't save the show for the wife. Maybe if it was the ex-Blackhawk Jaroslav Spacek?   :confused:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, blackhawkrush said:

I recognized Spacek when I looked in on it, but that couldn't save the show for the wife. Maybe if it was the ex-Blackhawk Jaroslav Spacek?   :confused:

I've finally realised why Scott Glenn always has that stupid droopy haircut, it's to cover up his ears, they're like Dumbo's!

• Like 1

I've finally realised why Scott Glenn always has that stupid droopy haircut, it's to cover up his ears, they're like Dumbo's!

Surely not as bad as Nathan Aspinall?  :ohmy: