What are you binge watching lately?

goose

I finished 2 Broke Girls two weeks ago. As I often do between binging shows, I've been watching a lot of movies lately, mostly adult comedies. I'm not sure what the next show I'll watch is. My top contenders are The Neighborhood, and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. I also want to watch Frasier again at some point. I might watch The Neighborhood first.

On 9/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Sonatine said:

"The West Wing"

A little bit dated, but still packs a punch.

I probably would have never voted for Jed Barlet, he's not of my tribe. Still, The West Wing is in my TV Top Ten of all time...maybe even in the Top Five if you count all Star Trek as one thing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohnRogers said:

My wife prefers more...shall we say wholesome entertainment. This also helps with her Columbo obsession.

Monk (Series) - TV Tropes

Monk is great! Especially the later seasons where the other characters are brought out a bit more. My husband will still ask me "Am I acting like Lt Disher?"  (his way of asking AITA)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blueschica said:

Monk is great! Especially the later seasons where the other characters are brought out a bit more. My husband will still ask me "Am I acting like Lt Disher?"  (his way of asking AITA)

Where've you been lately Becky? Have you been busy?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, treeduck said:

Where've you been lately Becky? Have you been busy?

Awww, thanks for asking, Ducky! Yes, I've been having to do a bunch of work to get people to fix my mom's house. My parents bought it 55 years ago and haven't fixed anything for 35 years!  :eh:.  That is all finally done and we have someone who wants to buy it, we should be all finished up by early October. It's been hard and then I had Covid (again :eh:) for the last 2 weeks but I'm finally feeling better! Bring on those punkins!  Are you watching the new AHS? Any good ?

Edited by blueschica

27 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Awww, thanks for asking, Ducky! Yes, I've been having to do a bunch of work to get people to fix my mom's house. My parents bought it 55 years ago and haven't fixed anything for 35 years!  :eh:.  That is all finally done and we have someone who wants to buy it, we should be all finished up by early October. It's been hard and then I had Covid (again :eh:) for the last 2 weeks but I'm finally feeling better! Bring on those punkins!  Are you watching the new AHS? Any good ?

Well I'm glad you've got that out of the way now. So that was almost as long as I've been alive! 

No I had enough of AHS last year, I watched 9 seasons and the last 5 weren't very good. I've seen enough! Are you watching it? I've got another TV show I'm starting instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, treeduck said:

Well I'm glad you've got that out of the way now. So that was almost as long as I've been alive! 

No I had enough of AHS last year, I watched 9 seasons and the last 5 weren't very good. I've seen enough! Are you watching it? I've got another TV show I'm starting instead.

Almost as long as I have been alive, too!  One day I thought it was going to kill me! :facepalm: :facepalm:  My parents never went to the basement except to do laundry.  It's just a cement block basement.  It sprung a leak in the back wall with hard rains this summer and it turned out to have a high radon level; anyway that was two big fixes right there, sigh.  

No I'm not watching AHS, I think I saw the first 3 seasons. I haven't been watching too much, I need to get caught up on Barbie!  Haven't seen it yet!  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Almost as long as I have been alive, too!  One day I thought it was going to kill me! :facepalm: :facepalm:  My parents never went to the basement except to do laundry.  It's just a cement block basement.  It sprung a leak in the back wall with hard rains this summer and it turned out to have a high radon level; anyway that was two big fixes right there, sigh.  

No I'm not watching AHS, I think I saw the first 3 seasons. I haven't been watching too much, I need to get caught up on Barbie!  Haven't seen it yet!  

Barbie was amazing

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, blueschica said:

Barbie?? :laugh:

Maybe the basement has some old secrets in it... :blaze:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, treeduck said:

Barbie?? :laugh:

Maybe the basement has some old secrets in it... :blaze:

It used to!  :laugh:   There is an ongoing one!  Nothing that exciting. My dad and Grandpa used to save silver half dollars over the years. (Before 1965, they were made of real silver in the US and were pretty cool.) There used to be 3  pickle jars of them in the basement in a beer box (high security :facepalm:). We enjoyed playing with them as children.  It was nothing huge, probably like $60.00 worth of them, but they were cool.  Of course we didn't think of them for years and when we went to clean out the basement they were gone. My mom never remembered having them down there at all,  my one sister thought there were boxes and boxes of them and my other crazy sister thought they were pieces of gold and that I have it wrong.  (I have it wrong? :facepalm:  I've never even seen a piece of gold!  :laugh:  :laugh:).  I have a feeling my dad sold them when he had three kids in college at the same time, he mentioned something but we will always wonder, I guess!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Super25Smasher said:

Barbie was amazing

I really enjoyed Barbie, so much I went twice, once with my hubby and the other with my sister, very clever and had some funny parts too.

Also watched Oppenheimer too, very informative but also very sad too.

• Like 2

Going to watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding Part 1/2 so I can go see #3 at the theater.   Also began rewatching the Clone Wars series along with Rebels so I can watch Ahsoka.  Got to get busy because hockey is starting, so there goes a lot of my tv time :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueschica said:

It used to!  :laugh:   There is an ongoing one!  Nothing that exciting. My dad and Grandpa used to save silver half dollars over the years. (Before 1965, they were made of real silver in the US and were pretty cool.) There used to be 3  pickle jars of them in the basement in a beer box (high security :facepalm:). We enjoyed playing with them as children.  It was nothing huge, probably like $60.00 worth of them, but they were cool.  Of course we didn't think of them for years and when we went to clean out the basement they were gone. My mom never remembered having them down there at all,  my one sister thought there were boxes and boxes of them and my other crazy sister thought they were pieces of gold and that I have it wrong.  (I have it wrong? :facepalm:  I've never even seen a piece of gold!  :laugh:  :laugh:).  I have a feeling my dad sold them when he had three kids in college at the same time, he mentioned something but we will always wonder, I guess!  

Maybe there's pirate treasure down there! :joker: :smoke: :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rhyta said:

I really enjoyed Barbie, so much I went twice, once with my hubby and the other with my sister, very clever and had some funny parts too.

Also watched Oppenheimer too, very informative but also very sad too.

I went with my friend and her sister. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought the message was.good, too. I still need to see Oppenheimer.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2023 at 10:32 AM, Super25Smasher said:

I went with my friend and her sister. I couldn't stop laughing. I thought the message was.good, too. I still need to see Oppenheimer.

I bought the book the Oppenheimer movie was based on, going to be a challenging read.

• Like 1