Queen II or Quad?

Texas King

Queen II or Quad?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Queen II or Quad?

• Queen - Queen II
    • The Who - Quadrophenia

Queen II is great but Quadrophenia is greater! At first glance, this thread looked like a group lambasting of Quad, but upon further inspection, it is just a couple of posters multi quoting back and forth congratulating each other on their mutual hate of a classic album LOL
  • Like 2

Queen II is great but Quadrophenia is greater! At first glance, this thread looked like a group lambasting of Quad, but upon further inspection, it is just a couple of posters multi quoting back and forth congratulating each other on their mutual hate of a classic album LOL

Every forum needs a pair like us.

And we are ultra juicy!

Ha Ha! But seriously, Quadrophenia may not be a fave of yours but do you seriously dislike it? Is it the album or just not a Who fan? I find it hard to believe especially with the music you like. to me it would fit right in there.

Ha Ha! But seriously, Quadrophenia may not be a fave of yours but do you seriously dislike it? Is it the album or just not a Who fan? I find it hard to believe especially with the music you like. to me it would fit right in there.

You make good points. Its been a long time since I last played it. And since then I discovered Who's Next and I LOVE THAT ALBUM!!!

Queen II, but dammit, only because it's been part of my life, a second shadow almost, for 34 years.

Quadrophenia is phenomenal.

Dang it you're right. Queen II for me, but not because of any (nonexistent) shortcomings o Quadrophenia, just because of the role QII has played in my life.

I posted in the Quadrophenia thread, but will repeat here. i have read a lot of the books written about this era of the Who. My simple conclusion is that yes, Pete Townshend is a musical genius. More often than not, everyone around him had no idea what he was trying to create. He had these far out concepts and was way ahead of the times on concept albums and forward thinking. He was so good that the synthesizer manufacturers were coming to him to find out how their own products worked - what the capabilities were. I have such a great appreciation of him and The Who for their place in music history.
  • Like 2

Quadrophenia easy. To be fair, I'd pick that over a Queen's greatest hits package.

and to be fair again, Queen II is better than Queen's greatest hits package :D
  • Like 1

Quadrophenia easy. To be fair, I'd pick that over a Queen's greatest hits package.

and to be fair again, Queen II is better than Queen's greatest hits package :D

I was brought into Queen with the greatest hits, which is an awesome record as it does have many of Queen's best songs, certainly their most iconic.

However, as far as ALBUMS are concerned, Queen II is undoubtably the better work. Nevermore alone is among the most beautiful cuts in Queen's catalogue.

• Like 1