The 2017-18 NFL thread

laughedatbytime

The Bears gave up a TD when the moron who was returning the blocked kick stopped at about the 2 and let the Steeler knock it away.

That SOB should be fired tomorrow.

The Bears gave up a TD when the moron who was returning the blocked kick stopped at about the 2 and let the Steeler knock it away.

That SOB should be fired tomorrow.

:LOL:

A hilarious play!

I was busy during the Bucs game and missed it and didn’t watch any other games. I frankly didn’t miss it. I wouldn’t say I’m boycotting them per se. My interest has been waning for a while and I am amused that they feel it is appropriate to force their customers to experience a political protest every week. Imagine if you had to experience 2-3minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out 5 years down the road.
  • Like 1

I was busy during the Bucs game and missed it and didn’t watch any other games. I frankly didn’t miss it. I wouldn’t say I’m boycotting them per se. My interest has been waning for a while and I am amused that they feel it is appropriate to force their customers to experience a political protest every week. Imagine if you had to experience 2-3minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out 5 years down the road.

Hopefully it will go back to pre-2009, when teams came out after the Anthem. Let the pseudo-patriot zealots sing and chant, while the players focus on football.
  • Like 4

I am amused that they feel it is appropriate to force their customers to experience a political protest every week. Imagine if you had to experience 2-3 minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store.

I am really concerned about how, for the past eight years or so, NFL fans have been forced to experience paid-patriotism displays on their favorite football fields. Military-family surprise reunions, fighter jet flyovers, etc.,....all financed by the Department of Defense and other groups. People go to a football game for entertainment, but they're subjected to political propaganda in the form of military infomercials. I am not amused that so many people feel that this is appropriate behavior.

What is even worse is that now, TV cameras are seeking out and pointing out certain people who are not standing for the anthem. "Subversives" are being singled out. George Orwell is convulsing in his grave.

• Like 1

I am amused that they feel it is appropriate to force their customers to experience a political protest every week. Imagine if you had to experience 2-3 minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store.

I am really concerned about how, for the past eight years or so, NFL fans have been forced to experience paid-patriotism displays on their favorite football fields. Military-family surprise reunions, fighter jet flyovers, etc.,....all financed by the Department of Defense and other groups. People go to a football game for entertainment, but they're subjected to political propaganda in the form of military infomercials. I am not amused that so many people feel that this is appropriate behavior.

What is even worse is that now, TV cameras are seeking out and pointing out certain people who are not standing for the anthem. "Subversives" are being singled out. George Orwell is convulsing in his grave.

You make some legitimate points but consider this the military has a marketing/promotional budget to aid in recruitment. Would you say it is a poor use of those marketing account dollars?

• Like 1

Hopefully it will go back to pre-2009, when teams came out after the Anthem. Let the pseudo-patriot zealots sing and chant, while the players focus on football.

I'm completely fine with that. I didn't realize all this came about 2009.

You make some legitimate points but consider this the military has a marketing/promotional budget to aid in recruitment. Would you say it is a poor use of those marketing account dollars?

I would agree with that. I also think that it's dishonest for the NFL to constantly associate itself with the Military. There is no real connection between a spectator sport and our country's armed forces. Football is entertainment and nothing more. People such as myself go to football games to be entertained, and not to engage in superficial "prove you're a patriot" rituals.

John McCain and other Congressmen see it as a poor use of taxpayer money. McCain's 2015 Congressional report exposed all the money being given to pro sports leagues so they could stage those patriotic events. Since then, many pro teams have returned the money.

• Like 1

Not in favor of that either. I’ve always wondered why someone who misses their family would delay seeing them for the purpose of putting on the surprise sports event reveal. I’ve always thought it was weird. Same with Jumbotron marriage proposals.

• Like 1

Not in favor of that either. I’ve always wondered why someone who misses their family would delay seeing them for the purpose of putting on the surprise sports event reveal. I’ve always thought it was weird. Same with Jumbotron marriage proposals.

Well, "getting on TV" has long been a thrill for so many people. People will even shame themselves on those putrid daytime taboid TV shows just so they can be a "celebrity" for a day. I can understand the seductive nature of being on TV or having 80,000 people give you a standing ovation in your beloved team's stadium.

It's brilliant on the military's part, but a poor decision on the part of the NFL.
  • Like 1

Imagine if you had to experience 2-3minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store.

What if you had to endure the playing of the anthem every time you wanted to put gas in your car?
  • Like 1

Imagine if you had to experience 2-3minutes of political protest every time you went to the grocery store.

What if you had to endure the playing of the anthem every time you wanted to put gas in your car?

Oh please, it's only 20 times a year...unless you play for the Patriots.

• Like 1