Who´s your favourite shredder?

Who´s your favourite shredder on guitar?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who´s your favourite shredder on guitar?

• Paul Gilbert
    • Yngwie Malmsteen
    • Joe Satriani
    • Steve Vai
    • Steve Morse
    • Greg Howe
    • Richie Kotzen
    • Marty Friedman
    • Tony Macalpine
    • Vinnie Moore
    • Allan Holdsworth
    • Jason Becker
    • John McLaughlin
    • Al Di Meola
    • Other

^^^^ My wife's friend plays violin, so we invited her to play at an 90th birthday celebration (for my wife's grandfather)

Anyhow, after watching her amazing display of skill I tentatively asked "Um....can you play Paginini's Caprices?".

Her response "yeah sure no problem".

And then she proceeded to shred the living sh*t out of the violin, playing the Caprices effortlessly.

Honestly, I have seen Malmsteen live and he was phenomenal. But this woman, a classically trained violinist, was god damn mind-blowing.

• Like 1

7:09

Paco says to Al - "Let's go"

Fantastic! I'm not really into plugged in shredders, but I love flamenco, classical, and acoustic jams in general.
  • Like 1

Guthrie Govan is without doubt the best guitarist on the planet yet hates to be called a shredder! I have never heard another player who is so competent in every style of playing, just incredible!

Duck might agree with you.

• Like 1

^^^^ My wife's friend plays violin, so we invited her to play at an 90th birthday celebration (for my wife's grandfather)

Anyhow, after watching her amazing display of skill I tentatively asked "Um....can you play Paginini's Caprices?".

And then she proceeded to shred the living sh*t out of the violin, playing the Caprices effortlessly.

Honestly, I have seen Malmsteen live and he was phenomenal. But this woman, a classically trained violinist, was god damn mind-blowing.

:LOL: How did your Granfather in law enjoy it?

Malmsteen was shrewd going back to the source of shred :haz:

• Like 1

Guthrie Govan is without doubt the best guitarist on the planet yet hates to be called a shredder! I have never heard another player who is so competent in every style of playing, just incredible!

Yes I totally agree. He is so mastered in all areas, it may lessen his notoriety. He is incredibly musical - solo wise, tasty beyond belief. He is the best stunt guitarist around today. Yeah he can shred, but hates being put into that box, I guess he sees music offering so much more.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 3

:LOL: How did your Granfather in law enjoy it?

Malmsteen was shrewd going back to the source of shred :haz:

TBH I'm not even sure the Grandfather in law was paying any attention lol. Being Scottish, he was more in awe of the Bag Pipes player we also hired for his birthday.

And yes, very smart of Malmsteen to go back to the source of shred.

• Like 1

EVH. I know most of these are technically better lead players, but Eddie still belongs in this category and he writes WAY better songs and his rhythm is just sick. Excluding Edward, I'll go with Paul Gilbert--really great players make me want to play the guitar, Paul is so good, I just think 'What's the point?' He's almost too good, sonsabitch.

Stevie Ray Vaughan. He was the reason I learned to play the guitar.

http://societyofrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/srv-bowie-lets-dance--735x413.jpg

• Like 3

Stevie Ray Vaughan. He was the reason I learned to play the guitar.

http://societyofrock.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/srv-bowie-lets-dance--735x413.jpg

The "Let's Dance" album is a perfect masterpiece. Bowie is a genius to select SRV for that record.

Also I have to give out my love for Tony Thompson on drums. Such a brilliant record. RIP!!!!