Boston vs. Foreigner vs. Kansas

Lorraine

30 members have voted

1. 1. Boston vs. Foreigner vs. Kansas

I voted for Foreigner. I am always surprised by how many Foreigner songs I enjoy. Depending on my mood, Kansas would probably win on another day. As for Boston, the debut album is probably the most overplayed album in U.S. radio history. You simply can't get away from it. Enough already!

Says a Beatles fan?

;)

Hahahaha! I just thought I had a brainstorm for a thread - do a poll to see who likes which band the best - Boston, Kansas or Foreigner. But first, I thought to do a search to see if anyone had ever done a poll like that before.

Guess what? :LOL: :lol: :LOL:

• Like 1

I personally need all three bands, but two especially: Kansas and Foreigner. Edited by Segue Myles

1. Kansas

2. Boston (probably solely on that first album)

3. Foreigner (great band but no variety at all Same could be said of Boston but......that debut is killer.)

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

For Kansas, probably because they were a more prog related and more ambitious. For Boston, it's all about that stellar debut and being the first to the AOR party.

In my eyes, Foreigner doesn't deserve the short end of the stick. I'm not sure they're a great albums band (4 at least is very good), but their singles (and they had a lot of them) go toe to toe with anybody.

• Like 1

Why do you all think Boston and Kansas are better than Foreigner?

More distinctive sound. Foreigner is more of a rock super-group hit factory, imo. An exceptionally good one.
  • Like 1

For Kansas, probably because they were a more prog related and more ambitious. For Boston, it's all about that stellar debut and being the first to the AOR party.

In my eyes, Foreigner doesn't deserve the short end of the stick. I'm not sure they're a great albums band (4 at least is very good), but their singles (and they had a lot of them) go toe to toe with anybody.

couldn't have said it better. Loved that Kansas were prog like without sacrificing good hooks and melody.

the other 2 were pretty straight forward good time rock. nothing wrong there. but they didn't spread their wings much at all. but as i said the boston debut is killer.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

What does that mean: "more prog related and more ambitious"?

What does that mean: "more prog related and more ambitious"?

Closer to Yes and Genesis than Journey or REO Speedwagon.

• Like 1