What do you prefer? Dave Matthews Band or post-Fish Marillion?

fraroc

15 members have voted

1. 1. DMB vs Steve Hogarth Marillion

• Dave Matthews Band
    • Steve Hogarth era Marillion
    • I like both
    • I can't stand either one.

Usually whenever I make these eclectic polls, it's usually between bands or people that I like...This time, I decided to do one based on things that I really don't overly like. Change it up a bit lol :)

Anyway, I'm definitley not a fan of DMB at all. Although they sometimes fall under the prog umbrella, they mostly come off as just cookie-cutter alternative rock. Dave Matthews as a singer has that cringeworthy Eddie Vedder wannabe vocal fry that I can't stand. I definitley think that Steve Hogarth has him beat in that department. While I really dont like the majority of Steve Hogarth Marillion materal, there are some songs I do like such as Holloway Girl, Between You And Me, Hard as Love, and No One Can. I really can't pick out a DMB song I overly like.

Usually whenever I make these eclectic polls, it's usually between bands or people that I like...This time, I decided to do one based on things that I really don't overly like. Change it up a bit lol :)

Anyway, I'm definitley not a fan of DMB at all. Although they sometimes fall under the prog umbrella, they mostly come off as just cookie-cutter alternative rock. Dave Matthews as a singer has that cringeworthy Eddie Vedder wannabe vocal fry that I can't stand. I definitley think that Steve Hogarth has him beat in that department. While I really dont like the majority of Steve Hogarth Marillion materal, there are some songs I do like such as Holloway Girl, Between You And Me, Hard as Love, and No One Can. I really can't pick out a DMB song I overly like.

This is crazy! Love it!

As much as I can't stand Steve Hogarth I have to pick the Marillion stuff. Dave Matthews is a piece of shit for ordering his bus driver to dump the raw sewage from his tour bus into the Chicago River. Dave Matthews is just as annoying as Bruce Springsteen. Another ultra liberal overrated singer.

The great thing about Dave and Bruce is that their killer bands carry them.

Carter Beauford is amazing.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

sigh..............

do you like waffles or good year tires?

Mick

That's not outlandish enough for me....

How about French Toast vs Good Year Blimps?

Lol

• Like 2

Next time you put Marillon in a poll, can you make one of the options be 'Who's Marillon?'

Just want to see how many votes it will get.

They have a small following here so that option would probably get less votes than you'd expect

• Like 1

Next time you put Marillon in a poll, can you make one of the options be 'Who's Marillon?'

Just want to see how many votes it will get.

They have a small following here so that option would probably get less votes than you'd expect

Probably.

Never heard of them until I joined here.

• Like 1