Stay Safe England (Ariana Grande concert tragedy)

Boots

The horror is among us; somehow we have to stop this.

Lock and load buddy. And stock up because you and everyone else will need it. People need to wake up and realize what the fu** is going on with there governments,

• Like 2

Last night we were chatting about his on Rabbit. Me, Mick and Adam.

It was breaking news.

Based on early reports I rolled my eyes thinking this was just am over reaction, as initial reports suggested the explosions may have just been faulty speakers or something related to the balloons. Right now a lot of people are very paranoid in the UK and it makes me sick to think when something like this happens, it can be in one's nature to initially think "drama queens".

As the news unfolded it's been devestating. Ariana Grande is a very popular singer and I like her a lot myself, and her music is played a lot by my colleagues.

So much so one of them took her family to the concert last night and has now been located with them all by my friends and they are badly shaken.

It's been a horrible day and now it's sinking in, I know one's directly affected by this. This is no longer news to me. This is life. People I know were in that venue. Flesh and blood I have hugged, and argued and worked alongside could have been amongst the tragedies. It's been really awful today trying to understand that this isn't far away news anymore.

It's been awful. My heart goes out to every person affected by this. I shed tears today when two girls were announced dead. 12 under 16's killed.

I am ashamed at my initial reaction. I am proud that the British spirit I live alongside came together to look out for each other. Manchester proved resilient today, amidst a lot of chaos and confusion.

• Like 1

The horror is among us; somehow we have to stop this.

Lock and load buddy. And stock up because you and everyone else will need it. People need to wake up and realize what the fu** is going on with there governments,

:goodone:

• Like 1

The way fellow Brits pitched in to help everyone at the concert sounds awesome. I'm just listening to a story on the news now about a man in Manchester helping people and their daughter from Wales that couldn't find their car in all the commotion. They never did find it last night, so he spent hours driving them home in the middle of the night, then returning home at dawn. Great guy!

Last night we were chatting about his on Rabbit. Me, Mick and Adam.

It was breaking news.

Based on early reports I rolled my eyes thinking this was just am over reaction, as initial reports suggested the explosions may have just been faulty speakers or something related to the balloons. Right now a lot of people are very paranoid in the UK and it makes me sick to think when something like this happens, it can be in one's nature to initially think "drama queens".

As the news unfolded it's been devestating. Ariana Grande is a very popular singer and I like her a lot myself, and her music is played a lot by my colleagues.

So much so one of them took her family to the concert last night and has now been located with them all by my friends and they are badly shaken.

It's been a horrible day and now it's sinking in, I know one's directly affected by this. This is no longer news to me. This is life. People I know were in that venue. Flesh and blood I have hugged, and argued and worked alongside could have been amongst the tragedies. It's been really awful today trying to understand that this isn't far away news anymore.

It's been awful. My heart goes out to every person affected by this. I shed tears today when two girls were announced dead. 12 under 16's killed.

I am ashamed at my initial reaction. I am proud that the British spirit I live alongside came together to look out for each other. Manchester proved resilient today, amidst a lot of chaos and confusion.

Whenever I hear a breaking story like this I think, "huh, probably was a jihadist. but let's wait and see."

More often than not: jihadist.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 3

The criminal that did it was 22 yrs old, practically a kid. Whatever you say about radicalism and the horror of suicide bombing like this, to me this is more like Columbine and its ilk. The only way some loner kid could achieve notoriety and immortality. There are millions of people out there doing wonderful things that go unnoticed yet this sick and twisted prick will be named in history.

How stupid. How sad.

• Like 3

The criminal that did it was 22 yrs old, practically a kid. Whatever you say about radicalism and the horror of suicide bombing like this, to me this is more like Columbine and its ilk. The only way some loner kid could achieve notoriety and immortality. There are millions of people out there doing wonderful things that go unnoticed yet this sick and twisted prick will be named in history.

How stupid. How sad.

I like to chalk up the disproportionate amount of these acts being committed by Muslims as coincidence myself.

• Like 1

How stupid. How sad.

I like to chalk up the disproportionate amount of these acts being committed by Muslims as coincidence myself.

One could say that about Heavy Metal at one time. It must take a certain mindset to do such an horrific act that is going to take your own life and religion isn't it, merely the vehicle or excuse.

I absolutley hate people who do this and call it a spiritual act god told them to do.if your god tells you to knowingly attack a place full of kids under the age of 16,then you need to find another religion.kids are killed as collateral damage by good people,but never targeted.gotta be a really pathetic POS to willingly kill kids.

was the 1996 done by the IRA? i know it killed a lot of people and horses did,nt it?

Hey Zumbi! What happened to your post count? And since when did you have grandkids?

And presumably the same IP address...

was the 1996 done by the IRA? i know it killed a lot of people and horses did,nt it?

Hey Zumbi! What happened to your post count? And since when did you have grandkids?

who is zumbi? been a rush fan over 40 years and live in va dude.

my name is john and i live in virginia.wtf is zumbi?

The TRF member who wants you to change your avatar because he has the same one.

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/99032-the-gush-over-rush-thread/page__st__980#entry4332406

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

How stupid. How sad.

One could say that about Heavy Metal at one time. It must take a certain mindset to do such an horrific act that is going to take your own life and religion isn't it, merely the vehicle or excuse.

But then we ask whether religion can alter someone's mindset, and we see that it certainly can. Had the attacker been more secular I doubt he'd do this.

Of course, to better understand his motive we'll have to look into his personal life. Like many did and still do with Columbine shooters ;)

To dismiss all these attacker's motives as equal and in the name of fame simply can't be true. It's usually what they receive, but that doesn't mean it's the motive. As for the heavy metal comment I don't know what you're referring to exactly, but if it's about the music's negative influence on young men's actions I don't imagine that ever got so out of hand that there were deadly suicide attacks occurring monthly.

The TRF member who wants you to change your avatar because he has the same one.

http://www.therushfo...80#entry4332406

The avatar is also one of Zumbi's own personal photos as well, if I recall correctly

How stupid. How sad.

But then we ask whether religion can alter someone's mindset, and we see that it certainly can. Had the attacker been more secular I doubt he'd do this.

Of course, to better understand his motive we'll have to look into his personal life. Like many did and still do with Columbine shooters ;)

To dismiss all these attacker's motives as equal and in the name of fame simply can't be true. It's usually what they receive, but that doesn't mean it's the motive. As for the heavy metal comment I don't know what you're referring to exactly, but if it's about the music's negative influence on young men's actions I don't imagine that ever got so out of hand that there were deadly suicide attacks occurring monthly.

Timothy McVeigh was totally secular and killed 168 people, including 19 children and babies in a day care center. Not everything leads back to religion.

• Like 2