Stay Safe England (Ariana Grande concert tragedy)

Boots

Yeesh! Are these last few pages a typical example of what goes on in SOCN? ... If so, I'm glad I never asked for access there.
  • Like 1

I talk to a woman who lives in Nottingham, we've been messaging each other for about 8 years now. We talked about this incident for a bit and I asked if she was okay. She's emotionally fine although it's a huge story in the UK (naturally) and we had a level-headed conversation about the whole ordeal. Then... This morning she decided to link me this: http://www.veteranst...17/05/23/man22/

She - I'm not joking here - believes it was an inside job. A 22 year old man kills 22 innocents on the 22nd...

G0vern3m3n3ntal C0nspiracacacy!!!!!111

Yep,

How did this piece of sh** pass security with what he had. It's complete BS!!

Next time you go to an arena gig look around you on the way out of the venue and you will see a lot of potential security issues. Hopefully things will tighten up but in the long run I don't think so.

That's my point,

They really don't care. Plus the people their cannot own a gun. Pathetic!!

You're wrong about this troutman. Here in Tampa security doesn't really start until right at the entrance to the venues so a person wishing to target a crowd could theoretically detonate where the queue for security starts. If they made a larger perimeter there would still be a point where security starts and people are liable to get bunched up. It's even the same at airports. The only potentially foolproof way to stop every risk is the police state.

• Like 1

I talk to a woman who lives in Nottingham, we've been messaging each other for about 8 years now. We talked about this incident for a bit and I asked if she was okay. She's emotionally fine although it's a huge story in the UK (naturally) and we had a level-headed conversation about the whole ordeal. Then... This morning she decided to link me this: http://www.veteranst...17/05/23/man22/

She - I'm not joking here - believes it was an inside job. A 22 year old man kills 22 innocents on the 22nd...

Yep,

Next time you go to an arena gig look around you on the way out of the venue and you will see a lot of potential security issues. Hopefully things will tighten up but in the long run I don't think so.

That's my point,

You're wrong about this troutman. Here in Tampa security doesn't really start until right at the entrance to the venues so a person wishing to target a crowd could theoretically detonate where the queue for security starts. If they made a larger perimeter there would still be a point where security starts and people are liable to get bunched up. It's even the same at airports. The only potentially foolproof way to stop every risk is the police state.

Thanks

You put this way better than I have been able to do. I'm a little too close to the issue.

Yeesh! Are these last few pages a typical example of what goes on in SOCN? ... If so, I'm glad I never asked for access there.

Sorry if you think I'm out of order.

I read this in an article earlier. :facepalm:

But even more revealing was the loudspeaker announcement telling Ariana Grande concert-goers “there’s no problems here” and “everything is fine” after the nail bomb blast.

“There’s no need to bunch up and run. Take your time, there’s no problems here,” the announcement stated. “Thank you for coming and having a good time tonight.

“Everything is fine, just take your time exiting the building. Thank you very much.”

You genuinely do not understand this?

:facepalm:

Foolish PC BS!!

Ok, I guess you are playing me but...

What good would a panicked audience rushing for the exits achieve? 20,000 people...remember The Who concert?

Again...

Tony,

Break away from the BBC. It will do you wonders. :D

I'm in Tenerife.

Anyhow, what as your reply got to do with my question?

I challenge you to answer.

Dude,

You are avoiding the reality of it all. Do you actually believe that every thing was okay?

You are avoiding my question. Just answer it.

You still don't get it do you? It was meant to make people think it wasn't a terrorist attack. But you and other PC fools won't accept the reallity of what is going on,.People in the UK can't even own a gun to protect them selves. Disgusting!! BTW Tony how did the scum pass security? Answer that one.

Yep,

That's my point,

Thanks

You put this way better than I have been able to do. I'm a little too close to the issue.

You're okay. It just needs to be moved at this point. BTW I love a good argument. :cheers:

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

I don't think you were being out of order at all.

But the thread has been escalating into the sort of area generally reserved for SOCN

• Like 1

Ariana is actually a sweet girl and she has a nice voice. She can actually sing live without autotune. She's one of the few Italian girls in the music industry who still looks Italian and hasn't tried to turn herself into a Barbie doll.

She's a stupid spoiled bi***!! She says she hates America. Fu** the cu**. :moon:

Whether she does or doesn't you are disgusting and far worse than she.

Fu** off!! You hate my country never show up!! :madra:

Grande girl is a poco piece of shite.

She is just miffed because she is out millions of dollars. Poco had to cancel her tour.

Ariana is actually a sweet girl and she has a nice voice. She can actually sing live without autotune. She's one of the few Italian girls in the music industry who still looks Italian and hasn't tried to turn herself into a Barbie doll.

She's a stupid spoiled bi***!! She says she hates America. Fu** the cu**. :moon:

Charming

The truth hurts sweetheart. ;)

So does self-harming.

Yeah,

Like the UK government is doing to their citizens for allowing this BS!!

I just wrote a poem on here about killing myself because of Tony R.

Am I serious?

Don't believe everything you read.

Grande did the smart thing and canceled her tour. I knew she would.

I would get the fock out of dodge ASAP.

The muslim terror groups are like zombies and they will control Europe soon. Then they will take down the USA next.

I will never take my daughter to the UK now.

FUCKK THAT!

Every time I go to an fuckking baseball game in Oakland I have to go through a god damn metal detector.

Thanks TERROR!

Thanks TONY R! TOYS R US!

• Like 1

But the thread has been escalating into the sort of area generally reserved for SOCN

Move it.I am done with it.

• Like 1

FUKK SCON

REAL PEOPLE CAN VOICE THEIR OPINON TOO ON HOT TOPICS!

I WILL NEVER JOIN SCON!

PC FORUMS SUCK!

FREEDOM OF SPEECH CONFINED TO A SPECIAL SUBFORUM THAT YOU HAVE TO BE ACCEPTED IN?

BULLSHIT

FUKK ISIS

Move it.I am done with it.

ME TOO! FUKK IT!

"LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER!"

Let's face it. This is a very fuckking liberal forum.

Makes me sick.

WE NEED PATTON BACK!

And :pussy: like Tony the loser have to quote me in another thread about some thing that has nothing to do about this .You're a fu***** loser!!

Yep,

That's my point,

You and I would have never made it through security.

Edited by troutman

Yep,

That's my point,

What's that mean?

Yep,

That's my point,

What's that mean?

It means that in a Western world dominated and run by White people Asian people can come and go as they please and those same white people are complicit in this. In Donald Trump's America immigrants get free passage.

Or something like that... :facepalm:

He still doesn't grasp that the murderer was not inside the venue.

What he thinks is what he knows.

"LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER!"

Let's face it. This is a very fuckking liberal forum.

Makes me sick.

WE NEED PATTON BACK!

And :pussy: like Tony the loser have to quote me in another thread about some thing that has nothing to do about this .You're a fu***** loser!!

Ok. In which way am I a snowflake?

Describe.

Yep,

That's my point,

What's that mean?

It means that in a Western world dominated and run by White people Asian people can come and go as they please and those same white people are complicit in this. In Donald Trump's America immigrants get free passage.

With all of our public areas it is impossible to stop these attacks. We just had one white Muslim convert kill his two white supremacist friends here because they mocked his religion. When they searched the dead guys apartment they found bomb supplies, "radioactive" material and framed pic of Timothy mcveigh.

Yep,

That's my point,

What's that mean?

With all of our public areas it is impossible to stop these attacks. We just had one white Muslim convert kill his two white supremacist friends here because they mocked his religion. When they searched the dead guys apartment they found bomb supplies, "radioactive" material and framed pic of Timothy mcveigh.

I read about that. That all went down in a Tampa apartment. Impossible to stop that.

They were all between 18-22, yeah?

Yep,

That's my point,

What's that mean?

I read about that. That all went down in a Tampa apartment. Impossible to stop that.

They were all between 18-22, yeah?

Yes, bizarre story but concerning.

Russell Brand posted a thoughtful entry on his blog:

As I read the news of these sad murders in Manchester, posted directly to my home screen I engage in the futile mental gymnastics of trying to understand. Trying to understand the grief of survivors, the gaping bereavement of family members. The fierce and insular insanity of the perpetrator. I am baffled by the scope of our human capacity to feel or not feel. To love or not love. To kill.

Futile even to try to understand the confusion of those directly affected, in their sudden, jagged pain. The vertigo of unexpected loss. Their journey is just beginning, a thousand unfolding horrors await. Tickets to a gig, a pleasing memento converted to a marker of this pointless pain. A life time to wonder what might've been or not been.

Terror is so called perhaps in part because it cannot ever be stopped. We know this don't we? We know we can't stop people turning cars, planes and public spaces into accessories to murder. There can never be enough metal detectors or screening procedures, or checks or bans or vengeful responses. There will always be people in the world that find a flag under which to this express unfathomable cruelty. I cannot understand it. There are too many things I love to abandon my life to hatred, starting with my girlfriend and daughter all the way to places I've been and unthinkingly enjoyed, like Manchester. What depths must be inhabited to inflict such suffering? Thank God I can't imagine it.

Neither can I imagine the grief of those adrift in delirious sadness, the choking, coiling misery.

Just the sharp pang when I look at that little girl's smiling face.

My mind is too limited for these extremes and these extremists driven by goals that I do not understand. I hope I never know the pain. I don't pretend to understand the victims, the bereaved, or the perpetrator. I have a sense that hatred comes from hatred and love comes from love. Perhaps there is a simple duty for those of us not directly affected - to know that we can't hate our way out of this. To be loving and to be strong. At times like this to be loving takes incredible strength. As that peculiar and great son of Manchester, Morrissey said "It's easy to laugh, it's easy to hate, it takes strength to be gentle and kind." Observe how this event is reported. Observe how it is used. Stay true to love and try to be strong and kind.

#ManchesterBombing #WeStandTogether

• Like 2